Everything posted by SoxAce
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
I Love Chad OchoCinco
-
Official 2009-2010 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:58 PM) Derek Anderson is probably gonna finish 2 of 17 passing for 23 yards, yet Cleveland will probably win on a FG here at the end. This maybe the worst game ever. Wow... 2/17?! I don't even think Rex Grossman was that bad. They really should stop dicking around with Brady Quinn.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (Tex @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 02:27 PM) I think we could see all threee winter team in the playoffs, but the Hawks will go the deepest. Just agree with this statement and move on people.
-
**Official Red Sox vs. Angels Thread**
Just seems like destiny for the Angels this year. They seem W.S. bound.
-
FutureSox Post-Season Top Prospects List
Holmberg, Heidenreich are more worthy than a few names on that list. Ima go out on a limb and say Jim Gallagher is a huge sleeper next year. Every level he goes up, he gets better.
-
Discussion: Project Prospect's Top 25 pitchers
QUOTE (iamshack @ Oct 11, 2009 -> 12:59 AM) I sort of feel that way too, but I don't know that if it actually came down to it, that I could deal Danksy. For whatever reason, he's the guy I envision being the face of this franchise in the future... I'd trade Floyd way before Danks as well. I still feel Danks has the better potential and younger, not to mention Floyd still has that hip problem. The "Face of the franchise" statement is a bit steep considering that's Beckham no questions asked, but Danks can be that potential ace for the pitching staff, not to mention that man is a bulldog in the clutch. I'm just glad for our sake we have both of these guys, and hopefully Floyd's injury isn't as bad as some think.
-
Marge Simpson makes cover of Playboy
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 11:15 PM) What do you know about 1993... you weren't even alive then I was 7 and just beginning to drink actually. Or actually I should be doing.. cause at age 7, that is ridiculous of the crap I got a hold of.
-
Insider Rumor Mill
QUOTE (Kalapse @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 05:12 PM) Much different times in their careers and much different circumstances behind the low output, they're also very different kinds of hitters. Ankiel's potential is no where near that of Quentin. ^^^^^^^^^ Ankiel is a nice story despite the HGH, but his potential as a pitcher blows his potential as a hitter through the roof.
-
Official 2009-2010 NHL Thread
Skille back up.. hopefully for good. Smolenak claimed off waivers. Bolland is playing tonight too. Bickell sent down.
-
White Sox talk new deal with Scott Podsednik's agent
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 03:35 PM) I heard today Abreu is near an extension. Ya I would think the Angels would not let him go. He's taught all the young hitters the definition of being patient and he's well liked.
-
Insider Rumor Mill
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 02:08 PM) You have to wonder if they will try to trade AJ. I love AJ as much as everybody else and think he is great for the organization, but trading him could get some decent return and it would free up space to sign somebody like nick johnson. I guess it would depend if the organization is sold on Flowers and if they think he could start next year. I know AJ has a partial no trade clause, but i'm not sure what teams it blocks him from. I've commented on this before. I would love the idea, LOVE to trade A.J. just because his value will not get any higher, and he probably won't duplicate those numbers again. But with that being said, you CAN NOT deal him. If we had Joe Mauer waiting in the wings, then that's a different issue, but your going to be depending on Flowers, a rookie (no disrespect to Tyler but he is no Joe Mauer) to pick up the slack and then some (handling pitchers, calling games, hitting, etc..) I just think that's too much to ask a rookie to take over, especially one who isn't a cant miss as say.. a Matt Wieters. (though Baltimore isn't competing right now) Tyler may be a better hitter (more power) in the future, but he isn't as good as A.J. is right now.
-
Young, Studly, Under Team Control Outfielders
QUOTE (beck72 @ Oct 10, 2009 -> 12:30 PM) What I do think is the sox need a young lefty bat for the OF. Sell low on Jeremy Hermida. The Marlins will deal him this offseason. He plays a damn good RF too.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
The thing that gets me is it's in the playoffs. That means there's more umps on the field. A call like that makes it better off just keeping it the way it is during the season if that's the case. Not saying I want that, and I know Baseball still wants to keep the game as regular (America's pastime) as possible, but it draws a fine line here. It's the only sport that doesn't have it basically, and I still wouldn't like it personally as I grew up and played this fine game as it is, but changes always happens.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
101 was right about the Twins still blowing every chance they had.. but you better believe this will receive media attention tomorrow. ------------------->It wasn't even close
-
The United Football League
Hopefully there will be another He Hate Me somewhere in that league.
-
Sun-Times' Cowley: If I Were Ken Williams...
QUOTE (gatnom @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 10:42 PM) It wouldn't be a white sox offseason without Brian Roberts. Ain't that the truth..
-
Official 2009-2010 NBA Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 06:41 PM) Did you guys hear the BBC announcers doing the game? That is outstanding.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:32 PM) I smell a sweep. Was there any doubt?
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
BWHAHAHAHAHA!! TEX WINS IT. You knew it was going to happen. Even freaking Chip Carey called it.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:21 PM) White Sox ball. 3 singles, bases loaded, 0 out. White sox ball. Still don't score. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:26 PM) And like White Sox ball,Twins prolly don't score here... Booo.. beat me to it.
-
**Official Twins vs. Yankees Thread**
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 09:03 PM) Christ the Yankees are going to totally win it off Nathan. Was there any doubt? The Twins are just not even close to the Yankees level.
-
2009 Team MVP
QUOTE (whitesoxfan101 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 08:57 PM) I can't vote for anybody, because I don't think we had a single player that belongs in the same paragraph as "Team MVP" this season. The fact that Pods leads this poll by a wide margin and I can't really argue with it makes me very sad. Well there is an "And by valuable, you mean sucked the least?" option.
-
Alphabetical Conversation Thread
QUOTE (knightni @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 06:17 PM) Uh, the Twins just can't win in this new playoff format, can they? Very little chance they will beat the Yankees. Slim to none.
-
I rolled the dice...
Steve.. you rolled the dice too many times!!
-
Sun-Times' Cowley: If I Were Ken Williams...
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Oct 9, 2009 -> 03:29 PM) This was a surprisingly well written article and he makes good arguments, especially for Bobby. I have to agree, especially being its Joe Cowley.