Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

SoxAce

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by SoxAce

  1. QUOTE (BigSqwert @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 06:20 PM) Some fan that dude in California is. Hasn't even posted in here yet. *shakes head* Nice.
  2. QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 04:45 PM) I don't know why he'd play either Lilly or Fields. Isn't it common knowledge both are not part of the team's future? Fields' time has passed; Lilly is a disaster. Just play Flowers and pitch any and all young guys. Fields is more or less trade bait, to hopefully play well and gives us some options to deal. And I'm sure KW's ego is not giving up on Lillibridge just yet. Probably wants to see what he can do come next season.
  3. Ozzie said he probably will play the kids (Lillibridge and Fields mostly) this series since we are not playing Minnesota and Detroit as spoilers. Lets see if he holds true to his word.
  4. QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 28, 2009 -> 04:15 PM) Let's look at the last 4 years for Crawford then. Over the last 4 years CC has gotten at a rate of 43 points above his AVG, then 40, then 46, then 59. The average of those 4 numbers is 47. Meanwhile, Getz as a rookie has gotten on at 63 points higher than his BA and his minor league career shows that is no aberration as it is even higher than that and is consistent from year to year. The point is that Crawford has to hit over .300 every year to get on a .350 clip because Getz walks more than Crawford does. He always has and I believe he always will. At his current rookie rate, Getz only needs to hit about .285 to get on at a .350 clip. I'd say that in the future, starting next season, Getz is definitely going to be a .285 hitter, and not only that, but he'll have seasons where he's around .300 as well. I obviously don't have a Major League track record to go by here because this is Getz's rookie season, but I just see him as a .280-.290+ hitter every year because of his ability to work counts, make contact, fight off tough pitches, and use his speed. If Getz improves to his minor league rate, then he will only have to hit about .275 to get on at a .350 clip, meaning if he hits .290 (which again I see as very possible for him) then he could get on at around a .365 clip. You also mentioned Crawford's development and battling injuries, well Getz is developing and has also battled injuries this year like CC did last year. I'm saying that Getz is a good bet to get on just as much as Crawford and steal with a similar percentage as Crawford or better. Crawford will always hit for a higher average and will always have more power, and he'll always steal more bases over the course of a season even if he has a lower percentage, but the difference between the two players out of the lead-off spot is not worth $9.6M in my eyes, not even close to it. As for trading Jenks, if we did that, I'd want the money saved to go towards a middle-of-the-order hitter because I believe that is currently our greatest weakness on offense. I think we have enough speed and contact as it as and now we need some more thunder. Very good post and I agree 100% as I've previously stated (early pages in the thread 1 and 2) that I think Crawford is a very overrated player. Hell I'd rather get the lazy, swing and miss B.J. Upton who I know whose potential is enormous not to mention knows how to draw a work (Has had one of his worst walk rates this year (52 BBs), and it's still better than what Crawford has put up his entire career in a season!), steal, and has a couple of .370+ OBP years under his name not to mention is only 25 and cheap. I'm still betting TB would get more for him though.
  5. Zambrano wants to reunite with the team he roots for, and so does Peavy. They want to pitch for their teams!!
  6. SoxAce replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Prior to the win this week finally for the Lions, this is what happens to fans when you go 0-18. Drinking BEFORE you even enter the stadium. I gotta say wearing a Roy Williams jersey, you were f***ed to begin with... Drunk girl fighting and gets arrested. Not bad in the looks department though. I find the last part especially hilarious.
  7. QUOTE (aprec32 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 08:27 PM) You think any of the Sox players got a chance to catch the Bears game? No doubt. They locked Ozzie in his office, and since their game ended before the Bears game came on, they all watched. Though it won't be the same w/o the biggest Bears fan gone though.. (Rowand )
  8. QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:02 PM) I'd prefer a week night. QUOTE (MattZakrowski @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:25 PM) I'm good any night, FWIW QUOTE (DrunkBomber @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 07:31 PM) any evening is fine QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 08:18 PM) any weeknight is cool Oh snap... :o Dynasty Orgy at its finest.
  9. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 08:02 PM) A whole 103 huh ? So what's that like 50 more posts than the shortest game thread of the year ? Yes the season is over that's the whole point of most of the let the kids play posts. I also realize the most people post in game threads while watching the game so having the Bears game on can't be too much of an excuse. That's why you have a remote control. It's not worth it Ace.... I'm just glad we got a victory from the Bears AND the Sox for Hudson today. I'm sure that pie to the face couldn't have felt more satisfying for the rookie.
  10. QUOTE (lostfan @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 08:03 PM) Obvious observations: Jamarcus Russell is terrible and will never amount to anything in the NFL. But.. but.. he has the strongest arm for a QB in the entire NFL....?!?!
  11. QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 05:57 PM) Five minutes and 24 seconds away from a Bears victory. Great game from Cutler and the Bears!
  12. QUOTE (DukeNukeEm @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 06:26 PM) That's why we traded for Jay Cutler. ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
  13. My god 2 good games on now.. Bengels might pull an upset. HESTER!!!
  14. Wow.. anyone catch Benson's TD run? Where was that burst here?
  15. QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 05:27 PM) For all the Soxtalk chatter I've seen about letting the kids play it seemed odd to me when push comes to shove there's not a whole lot of interest in watching Hudson pitch weather it's in the game thread or lack of posting a winners thread or commenting in said thread. You do realize there was 103 post in the game thread right? And the season is over not to mention everyone is watching the Bears game (or their other favorite teams) right now on football Sunday.
  16. QUOTE (MexSoxFan#1 @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 05:32 PM) jeez,our secondary really is awful Ever since that injury, Bowman has really sucked.
  17. Cutler.. I present to you.. the Bears Offensive Line!
  18. Wow. Lance Briggs.. there's another stud.
  19. I think the Bears have a voodoo doll for opposing kickers this season.
  20. QUOTE (knightni @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 05:01 PM) You're welcome for the link! Alittle late Jeremy.. Cutler now 5 TD's 5 INT for the season. Nice clean slate to improve now.
  21. HAHAHAHAHA!!! Housmancudfvoidfif Jerry Angelo doesn't regret nothing.
  22. Stafford.. ya he should stay at QB for the Lions.
  23. QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 27, 2009 -> 04:38 PM) Haha, Forte can't even get yards on a play my wife could get 10 yards on. Even cheap yards, he still can't do s*** with it.
  24. God I hate to see injuries for us, but my god did Lance Briggs just lay out Zach Bowman..

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.