Everything posted by SoxAce
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (fathom @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:36 PM) Stud! We have a chance to draft another Gordon Beckham (or close there of) very soon.
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 08:16 PM) wow, he is pitching a no hitter. i am impressed With a near 6 era comming in. HA! Take that you b**** ass veterans. Leave it to a rookie to bail us out. Beckham!
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Just wanted to post that Ozzie can go f*** himself with this lineup tonight.
-
Mets claim Jack Egbert off waivers...
Heads is crying.
-
My surprise player to be dealt
QUOTE (Tex @ Sep 25, 2009 -> 02:11 PM) Frank Thomas says hello I believe he meant currently.
-
Who would you rather see win the AL Central
Twins. They play the game right, and I always admire teams going to the playoffs with low payrolls. I hate everything about Detroit. Tigers, Lions, Red Wings, etc. Seeing Detroit close to choking is a thrill in my eyes.
-
9/25 Detroit Tigers @ Chicago White Sox
Since we are eliminated, Flowers should be in every game for the rest of the year, and we should see more of Lillibridge, Fields, Nunez, Hudson etc.. playing.
-
My surprise player to be dealt
QUOTE (Kenny Hates Prospects @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 01:03 PM) What makes you think that? Floyd gives us production well beyond his current contract as well as cost certainty. Moving him only would make sense if we get another, better pitcher in the process who is also cheap and brings similar cost certainty. I just think they know something we don't know. Ozzie has already said he believes Floyd might have to change/tweak his delivery next season because of the continuing hip issue (supposedly it's been the last two years now, though this year it's been alittle more serious), which is never good to hear for a pitcher. I'm not saying I want this to happen or advocate it, but I could see it happening and since this thread is for a surprise player, he would be a prime candidate. I could see a few trade rumors for Floyd (not the Roberts one again) being traded for a very good hitter at whatever position KW looks at, then KW switching that around and trading a say.. Konerko or Quentin for that pitcher or maybe even spects for a pitcher.
-
My surprise player to be dealt
I think it might be Floyd (we have been known to deal a player who might have an injury we might see serious in the future) and I believe his hip injury is seriously being downplayed. Konerko I could see as well, but he wouldn't "shock" me. Hammerhead Johnson suggested Nick Johnson a few weeks ago at DH and I still LOVE the idea. Or an Adam Dunn. I'm betting KW will look to the trade market more this offseason than in FA in the past.
-
Woohoo!
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Sep 24, 2009 -> 02:05 AM) Am I misreading your post? Yes.
-
KW's plan on the offseason
QUOTE (tommy @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 11:28 PM) Haven't we learned that Kenny usually says one thing and does completely the opposite? Or does he? No doubt. I'm personally reading between the lines of his Jenks quote actually. I think it's obvious. He said that a couple of times now. Should be an interesting offseason for us.
-
Madden 10 PS3 Dynasty League
QUOTE (rangercal @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:57 PM) I'm in because steve is awesome I'm so not in because of the opposite reason.
-
KW's plan on the offseason
QUOTE (WCSox @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:49 PM) I realize that Nix is defensively talented and versatile, but it's difficult to skate by on potential at his age when he's a veritable error machine on the field. Ya he doesn't have much time left and I personally don't believe he'll fulfill it. Getz is growing on me more and more though. Ask me two years ago (or even last year) on who I would have manning 2B based on what I know about those two I wouldn't hesitate. Now, I have to think Getz is more of what this team needs, and probably wants to get away from.
-
KW's plan on the offseason
QUOTE (son of a rude @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:25 PM) Getz and his .689 OPS against righties isnt much better. VS lefties he is even worse. Nix has more potential than Getz. That blend of power and great defense is rare at 2nd base. Yeah yeah, I know Nix has a .970 fielding percentage or w/e, but his range is top notch. I read in a scouting report where somebody actually said he has the best range of any second baseman he has ever seen. With the pitching we will have next year, I really want to stack our defense. (please KW, gift us with JJ Hardy) It was two scouts and I posted it a few times on this site a while back. His glove is crazy good if he's getting consistent playing time there and not being f***ed around in the diamond and OF. He still pisses me off when he gets too pull happy (like he did in the minors which was his main weakness not to mention the K's though he's cut that down nicely this year and showing more discipline) but his upside is truly special (think a RH version of Chase Utley if he puts it together) Here was my potential defensive lineup from a while back. http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?sh...69689&st=30
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09
I'll update the draft status every 5 games or so till the season ends but if Oakland wins tonight, we will the 12th and only 1.5 games back I believe of the 10th spot.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09
QUOTE (elgonzo4sox @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 10:19 PM) Now tell me when it is OK not to run out ground balls, pop ups, or dropped third strikes. I didn't say the Sox's odds are good, but the rule should be: keep trying until you are called out. Albert Pujols disagrees.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09
QUOTE (southsideirish71 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:54 PM) Considering the only thing we are playing for right now is 2010, why not let the kid hit. He also had a nice double and doesn't look overmatched up here. I hope Ozzie DHs him and gives him a few starts at C (especially not to mention work with the pitchers) for the rest of the season. Our elimination number will be 2 I think now if we lose tonight? Play the kids.
-
Bobby Cox to retire after 2010 season
Chipper Jones might be following him as well. I'd probably cry if I were a Braves fan.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:36 PM) Are the Sox in danger of falling to 4th place Not to mention Cincy and Houston won so the sox will gain a game for the 10th pick (Oakland is also losing though)
-
Jenks done for the rest of the year
According to Hawk in the booth from the game, he said its torn and Bobby is wearing a walking boot. Not sure if surgery is needed as of yet.
-
Twins @ White Sox, 9/23/09
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 23, 2009 -> 09:20 PM) Why not? Its a chance to see what the kid is made of in a game that doesn't matter. People have been clamoring for exactly what Ozzie just gave us. Agreed completely. Kinda wish we saw more of Nunez too actually. See that KW can look at some of these relievers making the minimum next season pitching well for us.
-
Top 10 pick status
QUOTE (SoxAce @ Sep 1, 2009 -> 11:27 PM) So far, here's where we stand in the bottom 15.. (top 10 picks, then the others) Washington 46-86 (probably will win the Bryce Harper sweepstakes) Kansas City 50-81 Pittsburgh 53-78 Baltimore 54-79 San Diego 57-76 Oakland 58-73 Cleveland 58-73 Toronto 59-72 Cincinnati 59-73 New York (N) 59-73 (Who'd thunk it?) Games back of top 10 Arizona 60-72 (1 game back) Houston 63-69 (3.5 games back) Sox 64-69 (4.5 games back) Milwaukee 64-67 (5.5 games back) Cubs 66-64 (8 games back) *Minnesota 67-65 (8 games back just to add them in here) Washington 51-99 Pittsburgh 56-93 Baltimore 60-91 Cleveland 61-89 Kansas City 63-88 New York (N) 65-87 Arizona 66-86 Toronto 68-83 San Diego 69-83 Houston 70-81 Games back of top 10 Cincinnati 70-81 (tied; better record last year) Oakland 72-79 (2 games back) *Sox 73-79 (2.5 games back) Milwaukee 74-77 (4 games back) Tampa Bay 77-74 (6.5 games back) Minnesota 78-73 (7.5 games back) Cubs 78-72 (8.5 games back) Updated after about 20 games. As you can see, some teams are now playing some good baseball since. Some.. aren't or weren't even on the list earlier. Sox are currently 13th overall as previously but gained a couple games in the standings not to mention it's more of a clusterf*** than before.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 10:51 PM) At the end of the day, it doesn't matter. People are, who they are. And we let them off the hook!
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
Jon Rauch sighting in the pen. I'm sure people remember the last time he pitched here, it was not pretty.
-
Twinkies vs. White (hot) Sox TV: WCIU RADIO: WSCR 670
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 22, 2009 -> 09:08 PM) Some of us are down on him for his sub .200 average with the Sox right now. That's all. There's a difference between being down on him, and making posts that he is a bum, a terrible player, etc.. etc..