Everything posted by fathom
-
Offseason Targets
They can’t take for granted the whole offense will be as good as it was in 2020. Punting in RF seems like a mistake to me, especially given some of the injury issues Yoan and Eloy have. As we’re seeing in the postseason, teams that are winning are winning due to the long ball.
-
Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)
Especially when your value has never been higher
-
Trevor Bauer Thread (Mazara Free Zone)
FWIW, Bauer sure implies he’s going to end up signing a multi-year deal in his latest VLog
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Great stuff!
-
Convince Me: Marcus Stroman
Read where he said he’s looking to throw a lot more splitters next year. And yes, the Sox were extremely close to picking him. From all accounts, he was their choice if Hawkins was picked before them.
-
Right Field
His teammates loved him I thought
-
Offseason Targets
Some of the expected deals I’ve seen for Joc blow my mind. I know I wouldn’t want the Sox going into ten million plus for him
-
Offseason Targets
Some of the trade proposals I’ve seen from Sox fans in their offseason projections are insane. Talk about selling Cease at the lowest value possible, and it’s also interesting how little Sox fans respect Vaughn’s potential.
-
Tony La Russa
We’re on the same page, and it’s one of the few ideas Stoney hasn’t dismissed
-
Tony La Russa
Well said, and I think the most likely scenario right now. I bet we hear Thursday if Tony decides to take the job.
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
Giants are not selling this offseason from all accounts. Santander makes more sense.
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
Every righty on the Cubs
-
Mazara and Right Field Thread
A trade for Calhoun seems like something the Sox would be interested in
-
Tony La Russa
What if it’s a one year deal for Tony with a “manager in waiting” that Hahn has wanted to bring in but doesn’t have enough experience?
-
Tony La Russa
I don’t, but I think it’s more realistic than a lot of us thought it was
-
Tony La Russa
So if Tony does accept the job, does everyone think the Sox aggressively go after upgrades this offseason? I’m optimistic they go big based off Jerry wanting to put TLR in the best position and this tweet https://mobile.twitter.com/stevestone/status/1317295249291497475
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
https://mobile.twitter.com/Stadium/status/1317133200276082689
-
Tony La Russa
Sox were better than the A’s in my opinion. How many positions were the A’s better than the Sox? Sox just choked in game 3, end of story
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
He said today it’s Tony’s job for sure if he wants it, and he thinks he does
-
Offseason Targets
He absolutely, positively won’t be. Scherzer won’t be either.
-
Offseason Targets
A trade for Kole Calhoun for one year makes sense if they want a lefty power guy.
-
Tony La Russa
1- Rick Renteria 2- Ricky Renteria
-
Offseason Targets
Players will strike if salaries are that low
-
Tony La Russa
I like Ofman, but pretty sure he’s been wrong with every Sox related nugget the last few years.
-
Tony La Russa named Manager
Has anyone brought up Ron Gant accusing Tony of not getting along with black players? https://nypost.com/1999/02/25/rickey-la-russa-is-no-racist-but/