Everything posted by chitownsportsfan
-
Moncada out 3-6 months, Colás recalled
A complete tear. So he def felt a rip and it was possibly even heard by the others around him. f*** people saying he is weak or soft. You ever rip a muscle off a bone? Whatever, he got 100 million for his troubles so I ain't gonna feel sorry for him, but he ain't soft whatever else. I'm shocked he walked off with a grade 3 tear. It sucks losing a possible asset but for this season means little if anything. I will miss watching him play well tho.
-
Colas
we have another viral menu item?
-
Colas
I agree but the quality if his contact suggests a true talent jump. His wxOBA is like .525 he's hit the piss out of the ball. And as @southsider2k5 said if he's a 700 OPS catcher (so plenty of time to regress that 17 PA line) with decent defense and baserunning that's one of the best 10 starting catchers in baseball, easy.
-
Getz and Pedro should go. Product on the field is horrible.
Rick is still alive. He wasn't exactly young when I was a kid and still picking up the occasional physical copy of the Tribune when he was there. His bio says he graduated NW in '82 so I guess he's only in his mid 60s.
-
Colas
Fletcher has been fine. https://baseballsavant.mlb.com/savant-player/dominic-fletcher-666150?stats=statcast-r-hitting-mlb He's not setting the world on fire but he's also looking like a perfectly cromulent OF. Certainly worth a roster spot unlike most of the vets Getz brought in. You can question the process of the trade but so far Fletcher looks like a decent pickup.
-
Colas
That 69th percentile (nice) sprint speed is encouraging. He's going to be able to create value as a catcher from different ways, including just not being a negative baserunner.
-
Colas
Eh, he's currently rocking some of the best EV in MLB. SSS caveats as always, and of course he's not this good -- but this is an encouraging start.
-
4/9 Games
Yea as I said never gonna be made at a guy dumping a ball into the outfield the opposite way. Wasn't the best contact but as you noted that is how over the course of a season you hit 280 instead of 250. Gotta be able to inside out some balls.
-
Getz and Pedro should go. Product on the field is horrible.
- Colas
I'm hoping that like Lee he looks to have measurably improved. If Lee and Colas both have solid seasons that would be a major reason to keep watching throughout the year.- Colas
Yes I encourage everybody to use the ignore feature when needed. It cuts down on the amount of dead horses argued over if absolutely nothing else.- 4/9 Games
"line drive" in the box score but hey making contact is better than not making it especially opposite way.- That’s a 7-5 White Sox Winner!
everything about the franchise just screams 2nd rate. For awhile even when we stunk you at least heard how JR ran some things well otherwise. and to be fair a lot of sox season ticket holders here in this forum first expressed how incompetent and just lazy/desperate this new breed of sox org was this offseason or maybe even last one.- Soxtalk owes TLR an apology
I was as open and supportive of TLR as almost anybody here and nah, f*** that noise. He wasn't the main problem, but he was a problem. And most importantly (in hindsight) he signaled the old stupid JR logic that would doom the franchise after he was hired one way or another.- That’s a 7-5 White Sox Winner!
And that’s a 7-5 White Sox winner!- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
Winner!- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
how did he hit that? good god ramirez is good.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
We were the 24 White Sox for my entire three years and we had our version of Grifol. I hated it. If I was young again I would have just quit after the first week and partied it up more. Took me until senior year to wise up.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
Stone is such a p**** ass b****. Won't even critique Grossman you KNOW if that was Yoan he would have lit into him and blah blah blah play the game hard blah blah blah.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
In theory doing a lot of heavy lifting there.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
I got benched for doing that in DIII.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
STFU STONE CARRYING WATER FOR A VET MAKING A LL PLAY GET DOWN- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
SLIDE BRO- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
In theory they have a very similar repertoire.- 4/9 Sox @ Guardians 5:10PM CT
GAS 102! - Colas