Moncada out 3-6 months, Colás recalled

• Sleepy Harold changed the title to Moncada out 3-6 months, Colás recalled

A complete tear. So he def felt a rip and it was possibly even heard by the others around him. f*** people saying he is weak or soft. You ever rip a muscle off a bone? Whatever, he got 100 million for his troubles so I ain't gonna feel sorry for him, but he ain't soft whatever else. I'm shocked he walked off with a grade 3 tear.

It sucks losing a possible asset but for this season means little if anything. I will miss watching him play well tho.

• Like 4
  • Fire 2

2 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good thing the idiots in charge tried to make him play thru injury.  I can’t overstate how bad the training staff is.

I mean yes, this to. Dude exacerbated the injury by running in a straight line. 

Alright anyway I can't help it, meathead mode:

football players: get hit by 260 lb men going 20 mph, get ankle ripped off, back in 2 weeks.

Basketball players: sharp cuts, sudden acceleration, constant jumping and contact with 200-260lb giants. 

Baseball players: have to run in a straight line 4 times a day. Body falls apart and die.

• Like 6
  • Thanks 1
  • Fire 1

It’s hilarious, in a sick way, that all three main guys got predictably hurt running the bases, with Yoan being out for the season.  On the bright side, at least it’s not hurting them from contending.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, chitownsportsfan said:

A complete tear. So he def felt a rip and it was possibly even heard by the others around him. f*** people saying he is weak or soft. You ever rip a muscle off a bone? Whatever, he got 100 million for his troubles so I ain't gonna feel sorry for him, but he ain't soft whatever else. I'm shocked he walked off with a grade 3 tear.

It sucks losing a possible asset but for this season means little if anything. I will miss watching him play well tho.

Here's the way I see it:

- One player has repeated soft tissue, no contact injuries: It's a them problem.

- Multiple players: The training staff is s%*#

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Just now, fathom said:

It’s hilarious, in a sick way, that all three main guys got predictably hurt running the bases, with Yoan being out for the season.  On the bright side, at least it’s not hurting them from contending.

I had a small glimmer of hope that yoan would actually succeed and we could get something at the deadline.

Now more concern that Colson gets pushed.

• Like 1

Just now, bmags said:

I had a small glimmer of hope that yoan would actually succeed and we could get something at the deadline.

Now more concern that Colson gets pushed.

I’m wondering what their plan at 2nd base is, as Lopez playing SS is interesting

Just now, fathom said:

I’m wondering what their plan at 2nd base is, as Lopez playing SS is interesting

You know who would be a perfect fit for this offense? Jacob Gonzalez.

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, fathom said:

Good thing the idiots in charge tried to make him play thru injury.  I can’t overstate how bad the training staff is.

I wonder who made the decision for Yoan to not get an off day, or a brief IL stint. I'm not really in the "everybody should be fired" mindset, but you could tell he was hurt in the game before. 

• Like 3

Just now, WestEddy said:

I wonder who made the decision for Yoan to not get an off day, or a brief IL stint. I'm not really in the "everybody should be fired" mindset, but you could tell he was hurt in the game before. 

I’ve heard negative stories about the training staff in the majors/minors.  

Edited by fathom
  • Like 3

1 minute ago, Paulie4Pres said:

Grifol's comments before the game are even more idiotic now. You had the guy playing through an injury, and it cost him the season.

Well the thing about playing through an injury is whats an injury, its an injury of the body, and the play is well play he did before, so the injury played the way we say to always play.

• Haha 3
  • Hawk 1
  • TLR 1
  • Paper Bag 1

5 minutes ago, bmags said:

I mean yes, this to. Dude exacerbated the injury by running in a straight line. 

Alright anyway I can't help it, meathead mode:

football players: get hit by 260 lb men going 20 mph, get ankle ripped off, back in 2 weeks.

Basketball players: sharp cuts, sudden acceleration, constant jumping and contact with 200-260lb giants. 

Baseball players: have to run in a straight line 4 times a day. Body falls apart and die.

It's because baseball is a stop start sport and often involves going from zero to 60mph as hard as you can half a dozen times a game. This isn't exactly a new phenomenon. It's not exactly like Moncada is unique in suffering an injury related to sprinting in baseball.

• Like 1