Soxtalk owes TLR an apology

ron883

Not even joking here. Soxtalk RIPPED Tony to shreds for telling players not to hustle all the time. Look at what has happened to our team for hustling to first. Yoan went down with a terrible looking injury. Eloy went down running to first, AGAIN. Robert tore his hip flexor running to first, then pulled it again recently while rounding first. 

Tony knew his personnel. He knew that he had a bunch of players made of glass. He got demolished for it, but he was right. You can't have any of the "big 3" hustling at this point. They are getting destroyed from it. I know Soxtalk's MO is "blame Tony and Pedro for everything", but Tony was correct here. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8
  • Fire 2
  • TLR 2
  • Paper Bag 2

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Not even joking here. Soxtalk RIPPED Tony to shreds for telling players not to hustle all the time. Look at what has happened to our team for hustling to first. Yoan went down with a terrible looking injury. Eloy went down running to first, AGAIN. Robert tore his hip flexor running to first, then pulled it again recently while rounding first. 

Tony knew his personnel. He knew that he had a bunch of players made of glass. He got demolished for it, but he was right. You can't have any of the "big 3" hustling at this point. They are getting destroyed from it. I know Soxtalk's MO is "blame Tony and Pedro for everything", but Tony was correct here. 

I hate to admit it. But Tony looks better as time goes on. But that doesn’t mean he looks good.

Not only did Tony know the benefits of not having his guys hustle and giving them extra rest, he also understood the rejuvenating effects of a nice nap before the start of a division game.  Pedro has a lot to learn.

w6vuLu.gif

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 1
  • Haha 3
  • Fire 1

1 hour ago, ron883 said:

Maybe said players who keep getting hurt doing a simple thing like running need to look at themselves in the mirror first. They are getting paid millions of dollars, there's no excuse why they can't hustle AND not hurt themselves. Other players can do it. They need to reexamine their training and conditioning methods and so do the Sox organization in general.  

But after this year it won't matter, they'll be someone elses problem.

Edited by Lip Man 1
  • Like 2

3 hours ago, ron883 said:

As I said in the gamethread, It's better for the Sox players to hustle and get hurt than have them loafing and getting hurt anyway.

• Like 1

I was as open and supportive of TLR as almost anybody here and nah, f*** that noise. He wasn't the main problem, but he was a problem. And most importantly (in hindsight) he signaled the old stupid JR logic that would doom the franchise after he was hired one way or another.

14 hours ago, greg775 said:

Post of the year. RR should still be our skipper.

Oh please! 90% of the Soxtalk crew wanted him gone... Maybe careful what you wish for. And all this s%*# is Karma 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, JoshPR said:

Oh please! 90% of the Soxtalk crew wanted him gone... Maybe careful what you wish for. And all this s%*# is Karma 

I didn’t want him gone but I at least thought his firing meant they would actually hire a serious candidate.

• Like 1