Colas

50 minutes ago, Chicago White Sox said:

Sounds like he’s getting called up according to multiple sources.

Yes he is. Just saw it on Twitter(X). Perhaps Montgomery will be called up if Moncada will be out for an extended period. Just do it.

So all of Getz’s veteran position player signings this offseason were pretty pointless.  Remember the talk about how the young guys would get time to gel and prove themselves in the minors before getting rushed up this season due to the presence of Getz’s vets?  Guess not.  Ten games later and Sosa and Colas will already be here.

Edited by WhiteSox2023
  • Like 2

2 minutes ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So all of Getz’s veteran position player signings this offseason were pretty pointless.  Remember the talk about how the young guys would get time to gel and prove themselves in the minors before getting called up this season?  Guess not.  10 games later and Sosa and Colas will already be here.

So far everything in the Getz era has been an abject failure. We'll see if the one guy in the Cease deal becomes a star. But right now it is truly sickening that the team's three best hitters (on paper) are already hurt and it's not mid April. Not sure how this bunch won today. I expect a loss every day.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

They should just roll with this until Eloy is back. 

Vs RHP: Fletcher CF, Sosa 3B/SS, Sheets DH, AV 1B, Colas RF, Benintendi LF, Shewmake SS/3B, Lee C, Lopez 2B 

vs. LHP: Grossman DH, Sosa 3B, Lee C, AV 1b, Pillar CF, Benintendi LF, DeJong SS, Colas RF, Lopez 2B

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, ChiSox59 said:

They should just roll with this until Eloy is back. 

Vs RHP: Fletcher CF, Sosa 3B/SS, Sheets DH, AV 1B, Colas RF, Benintendi LF, Shewmake SS/3B, Lee C, Lopez 2B 

vs. LHP: Grossman DH, Sosa 3B, Lee C, AV 1b, Pillar CF, Benintendi LF, DeJong SS, Colas RF, Lopez 2B

🤢

1 hour ago, tray said:

Yes he is. Just saw it on Twitter(X). Perhaps Montgomery will be called up if Moncada will be out for an extended period. Just do it.

Getz at the very least needs to see Montgomery excel for 3-4 months at the AAA level.

That means a 900ish OPS, not in the 700's.

Also, if he's going to stick at SS.  It wouldn't be fair to move him off SS to 3B or have him take the place of Moncada on such short notice...without an adjustment period.  The ONLY way they should consider it is if they 100% believe he can't stick at SS at the major league level and he's going to have to move over to third eventually (as early as next year, replacing Moncada)...which would then push Ramos perhaps to 2B, or 1B/DH (that's not ideal, based on his offensive profile).

And service time clock really is going to matter for him, the 7 vs. 6 years of control.

Wouldn't be shocked to see Ramos up before Montgomery, simply due to the fact that his prospect status isn't nearly at the same "future star" level as what is currently being projected for Colson.

He's more around where Colas was a year ago, although he hasn't been included on most Top 100 prospects lists in the 80's or 90's compared to Oscar.

As I said last week, stick Colas out in RF for the rest of the season regardless of what he does as this team isn’t going anywhere and see what we have, I’d do the same with Sosa at second base but please don’t rush Montgomery.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

So all of Getz’s veteran position player signings this offseason were pretty pointless.  Remember the talk about how the young guys would get time to gel and prove themselves in the minors before getting rushed up this season due to the presence of Getz’s vets?  Guess not.  Ten games later and Sosa and Colas will already be here.

I don't think the Sox (or any team for that matter) would think they'd lose their top 3 position players in the first 10 games of the season.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, tray said:

Is the "super two" arb eligibility still a thing? If so, there's no way they call him up before that cutoff date.

10 minutes ago, CentralChamps21 said:

Is the "super two" arb eligibility still a thing? If so, there's no way they call him up before that cutoff date.

Also, don’t rush him. Call him up after he’s killing it at least.

Edited by Bob Sacamano
  • Like 1

23 minutes ago, The Mighty Mite said:

As I said last week, stick Colas out in RF for the rest of the season regardless of what he does as this team isn’t going anywhere and see what we have, I’d do the same with Sosa at second base but please don’t rush Montgomery.

Sosa will probably be playing third everyday, I'd assume. Colas in right, Sosa at third, Fletcher in center.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PaleAleSox said:

I don't think the Sox (or any team for that matter) would think they'd lose their top 3 position players in the first 10 games of the season.

If you told me in Spring Training 3 Sox players would be injured in the first 10 games, I would have guessed Eloy, Robert, and Moncada.

• Like 5
  • Haha 2

6 hours ago, WhiteSox2023 said:

Except it was the holdover guys he was saddled with that are injured

• Like 3

You seem to be conveniently omitting that the three guys who were supposed to buoy this offense, and make carrying the light-offense guys work - are all down in the first 10 days. And besides, Monty, Ramos and Quero are the guys they want to give time to develop. Not Lee, Sosa and Colas. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, WestEddy said:

You seem to be conveniently omitting that the three guys who were supposed to buoy this offense, and make carrying the light-offense guys work - are all down in the first 10 days. And besides, Monty, Ramos and Quero are the guys they want to give time to develop. Not Lee, Sosa and Colas. 

Doesn’t matter. Those guys should still be playing every day. Fortunately, they will be but unfortunately at the cost of Robert and Moncada (who started off playing well).

Edited by Bob Sacamano

6 hours ago, greg775 said:

So far everything in the Getz era has been an abject failure. We'll see if the one guy in the Cease deal becomes a star. But right now it is truly sickening that the team's three best hitters (on paper) are already hurt and it's not mid April. Not sure how this bunch won today. I expect a loss every day.

Yes, converting Crochet to starting and Kopech to closing are abject failures. Iriarte and Thorpe are very good pitching prospects. And Steven Wilson might the 2nd best arm in our bullpen, right now. Yeah, all failures. Abject failures. LOL. 

• Like 3
  • Haha 2

I think it’s a reach to apply this to guys like Sosa and Colas, who have already experienced a cup of coffee in MLB. Now if they prematurely promote guys like Montgomery or Quero, then I agree with you.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Bob Sacamano said:

Doesn’t matter. Those guys should still be playing every day. Fortunately, they will be but unfortunately at the cost of Robert and Moncada (who started off playing well).

What doesn't matter? The guys they want to gel and develop will continue to do so, and the guys who are probably ready will play in the bigs. WS2023 isn't mentioning an unprecedented loss of the 3 main offensive contributors.