Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

chitownsportsfan

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by chitownsportsfan

  1. Entering tonight's games we still lead the AL in RS. We think we've been slumping, and yea we've had some boom or bust, but really it's been good. Need the pitching and defense to pick it up here. Playing some bad offenses should help. Cinci comes in after getting swept and mustering like 15 hits total against the Nats.
  2. Yea, his other moves turned out so good that decent waiver wire fliers had to be cut loose from the 40 man of a first place team in August, the horror.
  3. Eel is OK, like most sushi, preparation and quality of ingredients is key. The only thing I've tried that I couldn't stomach was sea urchin. A lot of people really love it, but I can't do it. Just auto spit it out type flavor for me. I'm big into clams, mussels, OK on oysters (would not order them but would eat one if offered), obviously love loster, crab and scallops --but sea urchin? No thanks, rumored sexual benefits or not, it's gross imo.
  4. Oh yea @Falstaff I got high hopes for Vasil. I think he can be a solid 3rd starter maybe. If nothing else he's a good addition into the mix next year.
  5. Gavin Sheets is one of the worst players to get over 2000 PA in MLB history. In almost 5 full season's worth of playing time he has been worth 1.3 bWAR and 0.0 fWAR. His career xwOBA is .316, .319 this year. Teach your kids to hit and throw lefty I guess. And look like a ballplayer I guess. He is certainly the type of player that Billy Beane talked about as fool's gold.
  6. A fair perspective but from many accounts TA was inviting his jumpoffs into the front row at the same time his wife and young daughter were traveling with the team. I mean, he was a DOG from all accounts. I don't really rate infidelity that high on the list of sins, but dude was pushing the limits of what any married man can get away with, famous athlete or not.
  7. I'd say: Taylor (100%): They want him starting. He's flashed some decent changeups and shown some ability to vary his breaking ball. Hagen Smith (50%): I'd imagine it depends on how this experiment goes. I don't know how his command improves out of the pen but if nothing else at least he knows he's gotta get through 1 or 2 innings, not 5 or 6, could help him. McDougal: 100%): I think they want him as a SP only. The other guys in contention for a spot would be Noah, Sandlin and Shane Smith I guess? Burke, Castillo, Martin, Taylor, Shane Smith should be penciled in IMO. Who knows what FA will look like. Noah to me is a dead end right now. I can see him spending the entire next season in AAA assuming it happens. Grab a year back on his clock and figure out a delivery that he can repeat under pressure.
  8. Ah I like Destin, a few too many red necks, but a beautiful beach. Good charter fishing if you're into that sorta thing. I'll be on Oahu. I went to Maui the other year, incredible, maybe the most beautiful place I've ever been. Oahu looks beautiful in its own way and is quite a bit cheaper, still pricey, but not Maui pricey. Where were you in Maui? I was in Napili / Kapalua area. Just stunning. The sunsets were unreal, something out of a foreign planet.
  9. Usually perfect weather in Florida that time of year, you doing Disney? Key West? Gulf side? I will be in Hawaii during the ALCS, should Sox make it. Didn't even think about that when I booked it. That could be a stressful ass vacation watch as UM plays Penn State that same week I'm there. Gonna have to find a good spot to watch some sports.
  10. The Ant, Doyle/Peters, Braden/Grichuk OF we've stumbled into is decent enough and versatile. In hindsight we wasted 4 million or so on Hays but overall you give Getz credit for figuring out how to get a solid OF out of spare parts even if there's only one long term guy there on paper in Braden.
  11. I was surprised like others when I saw the news on my twitter feed this morning. Others have said most of my thoughts. He was a fun player for awhile that unfortunately had a short prime and battled off the field issues. We'll never know if the drama with his wife, mistresses and what not contributed, but it probably didn't help on top of the injuries and physical decline. When he was healthy he was an electric, borderline star player, but this is just too soon for fans that ultimately are looking to move on from that era. In 5 years, hopefully after a few more playoff appearances? Sure.
  12. Depending on high how you'd have Roch and Caleb in a top 50 list probably like 18-25. If you have both guys solidly in top 25, probably around 18, if not, closer to 25. As @royoung posted, just absolutely zero depth coming from LA. For now it will have to come from this latest draft, which seems promising on paper. The good news is obviously that the MLB talent base is greatly improved, and the system isn't as important as it was this time last year. We've got MLB regulars or better at most spots now, so in theory less pressure on the farm over the coming few seasons.
  13. John has a feeling the division will come down to the last three weeks. Bold prediction.
  14. They are not cutting the primary backup at SS to call up a 20.7 year old with 200 AA PA that doesnt yet have a mlb position
  15. I really try and put an emphasis on not using pejoratives in my middle age on this forum but this is one of the dumbest fucking things I've read on here in my 20 years. You're telling a guy that set the WS quickest to 40 HR record that his level is high A ball? He put up 5 fucking WAR in 150 games. He's in a slump, it happens. Look at fucking Cal Raleigh.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.