Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Why not tank?
They are already tanking with the current roster
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
the older Beasley gets, the more he looks like he is ready to retire and spend the rest of his life in Jamaica
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 01:11 PM) Oh yeah, forgot about Super Mario Galaxy One and Two which are the most critically well received games of all time. Still have to play two. It is pretty awesome. The Green Star mode is maddening and addictive
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Y2JImmy0 @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 01:52 PM) No. Konerko is done. I hope he knows it. The Sox cannot give him another contract. I can't believe the people here that actually want him back. It's over people. Just stop hanging on. This thread is crazy to me. Why? We all want Rios gone
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Aug 6, 2013 -> 12:14 PM) Is the thread where Brandon Allen was traded still available? There were a few people on here claiming he was a future all star. was it a certain person who also claimed Chris Carter was the next big thing?
-
ARod suspended for entire 2014 season
QUOTE (CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Aug 4, 2013 -> 10:32 AM) Arod will never play again. Except against the Sox while appealing. Lol
-
What do you get...
A: the most terrible joke in the history of soxtalk
-
8/3 GT - SOX @ Tigers - 6:08pm CDT - WGN
QUOTE (Tannerfan @ Aug 3, 2013 -> 07:17 PM) For the life of me I can't understand how Ventura can keep running that same batting order out there game after game. We have one 300 hitter and he hits 8th, in front of a 206 hitter. Beckham gets no protection, and is not allowed to provide protection for anyone else. Unbelievable. He hasn't run the same batting lineup out all year. None of them have worked. I will repost this since you ignored it the first time QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 29, 2013 -> 10:20 AM) In 102 games, the Sox have used 70 different batting orders, and no one order more than 6 times.
-
2013-2014 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 04:09 PM) That is one sexy piece of man meat. That would be awesome if he really put that cigarette behind his ear. He has spoofed Smoking Jay Cutler a few times
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 09:37 AM) Ummmmm Nike does not own the University of Oregon!!! Oregon does!!! Riiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiight
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 01:35 PM) I thought that was 100% predictable the way the Sox ran him out there every day at 3rd base. I'm pretty sure that's why I was strongly opposed to giving up anything of value for Youkilis before they made the trade for him without giving up anything of value. Playing him at 3rd every day was killing him in Boston and it killed him in Chicago. Ideally he ought to have been playing 2 of every 3 days or something like that, but the backup options the Sox had available were pathetic, so I get why he was out there every dya. I dont think it mattered. I think his back was shot all year last year, which is why his time as a yankee was fleeting.
-
Rios, $1M traded to Rangers
Youkilis was pretty terrible after a good start.
-
Peavy to Boston, Avisail Garcia + 3 low lv specs to Sox
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 08:25 PM) Funny looking at the other longest threads in PHT history. Next up is us acquiring Manny, lol. And after that it is Peavy rejecting a deal to us, again lol. Then the Tigers signing Damon, uh okay. And then us trading for Edwin Jackson, how exciting. I would have to say the circumstances surrounding that trade contributed to its size. Once Rizzo pulled the rug out, that thread exploded
-
2013 Films Thread
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 12:33 AM) Pacific Rim is an enigma. Most people who have seen it have really enjoyed it. By all estimates, it's now over the budget in terms of box office (around $240 million and counting) but it has been a big disappointment in the US, where it's unlikely to make $100 million. That said, it just broke the $9 million mark for opening day in China (a record for Legendary), and figures to be huge in Japan (because of Riko Kikuchi and the Japanese/Godzilla's enemies homage nature of the film) when it finally opens there. So it will easily make $50-70 million in China (Fast and Furious is already at that mark) and then Japan...and will be hugely popular as a DVD/secondary market/Netflix/rental/airplane views, etc. Which is kind of a shame, because the only way to really enjoy the movie thoroughly is in an IMAX 3D theatre with surround sound. Another interesting twist will be del Toro (if they make the sequel) bringing in a Mexican Jaeger/hunter robot...that will be a huge appeal for that market in terms of pulling in box office numbers, as well as Hispanics in the US. A sequel will probably happen if the numbers in China and Japan stay strong. You also have to consider they will want to capitalize on the Jaeger/Kaiju mythology with the grand daddy of all Kaiju set to hit theatres next year.
-
Official 2013-2014 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Aug 2, 2013 -> 07:15 AM) Oh come on, sidetracking threads is what Soxtalk does best! I have no issue with the facilities either. I just find it amusing that unpaid "amateurs" earn that much money for the school that they provide such facilities. Is Halas Hall even that nice? It would be if Nike owned the Bears
-
THE WHITE SOX LOSE!!!
QUOTE (MEANS @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 03:37 PM) but the draft is boring to greg so he won't care.... he cares about 10th rounders
-
Relationship Advice Thread
QUOTE (lostfan @ Aug 1, 2013 -> 12:24 PM) I say it halfway in jest, but you WILL fight with your significant other at some point People get sick of each others s***. Its the truth, nothing wrong with it.
-
8/1 at Indians
I DONT KNOW WHAT WE ARE TALKING ABOUT
-
2013 Films Thread
Another short film recommendation, "Truth in Journalism" featuring Ryan Kwanten playing Eddie Brock/Venom. Shot in a film noir style as if a french film student is filming a documentary. Very cool short movie(just over 13 minutes). Kwanten nails Brock.
-
ARod suspended for entire 2014 season
I wish A Rod could be banned and the Yankees have to pay all of that money to some charity or something. But not be able to write it off, lol
-
July 31st Game thread
QUOTE (BigEdWalsh @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:31 PM) :lol: :lol: I wish I was wrong but picking that was rather easy
-
July 31st Game thread
Axelrod will make this game over
-
July 31st Game thread
This is all kinds if fun
-
2013 Films Thread
i watched a short film called "The Final Moments of Karl Brant" yesterday, it stars Paul Reubens and another guy I recognize but couldnt name if i tried. Cool sci fi concept, I could see it getting adapted to a full length feature. Kind of a Lawnmower man/Minority Report feel to it
-
Roster Move?
QUOTE (lord chas @ Jul 31, 2013 -> 09:38 AM) Borchard is coming back Rejoice!