Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
Men of the South Side vs. Orcs
QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 08:27 PM) Ill just say this. I was getting so fed up with Bulls fans this offseason blaming Jerry for the direction they are going in. They always blame it on the White Sox and cry when we made acquisitions(Youk). Basically we were taking their money. No, that's not correct. Reinsdorf is notoriously tightfisted with the bulls and the front office has been extremely conservative for years, and they make bank on sellout after sellout. It is polar opposite with the white sox, Kenny the gambler, a competitive payroll, and fans don't show. The revenues do not affect each other, the white sox do not use bulls money.
-
Men of the South Side vs. Orcs
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 07:53 PM) Starting to remind me of 2000. Just don't have enough pitching to survive in the playoffs. Theoretically, Sale/Peavy/Liriano....but both Sale and Peavy have been slowly wearing down the 2nd half, especially Sale. It would remind me of 2000 if every pitcher shredded his shoulder
-
Men of the South Side vs. Orcs
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ Sep 4, 2012 -> 12:40 PM) You're Aragorn... Ace is Sam. Even better, i get a sword
-
Men of the South Side vs. Orcs
If I read that right I am Samwise. I can deal with that
-
Men of the South Side vs. Orcs
wow. just wow
-
WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 10:32 PM) Caesar is gone forever. I hope the mods tell us if a new person shows up with a different name. I trust Caesar. He insisted he wouldn't be back if Detroit lost. So he's gone. But will he sign up with a new name? Be observant of that. I'm not going to be vigilant either way. Caesar didn't break any rules, he doesn't have to make another member name to come back. Similar promises were made in the past that we're not held up, it happens
-
Official Squared Circle Thread
Punk aligning with Heyman is awesomeness
-
WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:55 PM) So he's just gonna be a bench player for us? For some reason I was under the impression that we might try and develop him to eventually start... Johnson is way past the point of development, he is what he is. He had his chances in Oakland and Tampa bay to get developed and become something. He is 33 years old
-
WHITE SOX WINNER!!!
QUOTE (RZZZA @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 09:46 PM) Yeah, thats definitely a promise that won't be kept. Uhm, so what do the Sox intend to do with Dan Johnson now? What do you mean? Johnson will be on the bench for the rest of the season
-
YOUR FIRST PLACE CHICAGO WHITE SOX
QUOTE (flavum @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 05:39 PM) That would be embarrassing. I think 88-90 is still more probable. In is in. Everyone is 0-0 once the playoffs start
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 04:56 PM) Interesting. I'm interested in why we let McCown go. He wasn't going to push Cutler for his starting job by any stretch, but I really admired the way he played last season. Played like a guy who didn't want to go back to coaching HS football. Wasn't afraid. The way you want to look at it is this, you dont want to ever need your third string QB. I want to know that 3rd QB spot is being used to shore up a position of need right now, like DT or OT
-
Who's at tonight's game?
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 04:04 PM) I'm going and looking for Marty. I want free beer. Marty didnt shy from it when i met him. he is good to his word
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
QUOTE (Jake @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:38 PM) So...who's our 3rd string QB? Matt Blanchard if necessary. None will be on the active roster, only Blanchard on the practice squad
-
Deltas vs. Omegas
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:26 PM) Wasn't Hudson the tying run last night? no, winning run. Johnson was the tying run IIRC
-
Deltas vs. Omegas
QUOTE (Brian @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:18 PM) Plus, if you banned him, where would the overdone negativity come from? That gap would be filled quicker than you would guess
-
Deltas vs. Omegas
QUOTE (Baron @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 03:15 PM) Ban him just incase mods Nah, I cant do that. Just gotta give him s***. If we took people seriously on stuff like that, you wouldnt get to talk to fathom anymore IIRC
-
Deltas vs. Omegas
QUOTE (Caesar @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 09:34 PM) Detroit will not lose. But if they did, I will never post here again.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (kitekrazy @ Sep 3, 2012 -> 11:40 AM) He wanted to last season. Jerry talked him out of it. Everytime I think about Jerry convincing KW to stay I think about this: "You promised you would fire me if I called in sick again, you promised" "I cant do it"
-
2012-2013 NFL Thread
Amobi Okoye signed, Brian Price waived
-
Deltas vs. Omegas
My character was sadly underutilized in this production. Im calling my agent
-
Roger Clemens indicted for perjury, obstruction
QUOTE (MAX @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 10:37 PM) Because he is only 65? Which means he would still be pitching now.....
-
The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 02:16 PM) Do you think some of us are too hard on the Sox or do you agree they do some maddening things? I mean isn't it kind of nonsensical to drop so many games to the team you have to beat out? If the Sox threw a win or two in there against Detroit it wouldn't be so f***ing maddening. Or do you think fans like me are way out of line and we should be thrilled we're in the race at all. I just don't understand sometimes why the team is so dysfunctional. Is it asking too much to win the first game of a huge series once in a while, etc?? Educate me. I think all you do is mope about the team. period.
-
Perspective from a Detroit Radio Host
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:33 PM) I get the feeling Detroit is just toying with everybody and the final two weeks will probably go 14-2.
-
The WE GOT THIS Sox/Tigers Sunday THREAD
QUOTE (greg775 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 01:29 PM) Lucky you; this is not a good game to watch. It's gonna be all Detroit and the announcers will slobber over them as well.
-
Perspective from a Detroit Radio Host
QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Sep 2, 2012 -> 12:13 PM) Two Cy Young guys if you look at how dominant Scherzer has been in the 2nd half. Definitely, the stuff and filthiness of 2. We have 1/2 of one now in Sale/Peavy. Im talking about history, not the last 2 months.