Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
I hope Quintana lives up to the mythical status we have bestowed upon him
-
2012 MLB Catch All thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 23, 2012 -> 11:40 PM) Pods with a HR! Jayson Nix, Wise playing for the Yankees and Juan Pierre for somebody! Ex Sox live forever! QUOTE (OilCan @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:28 PM) MLB Trade Rumors @mlbtraderumors Mets Release D.J. Carrasco http://bit.ly/KpkSbJ #mlb LOL
-
Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)
QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:04 PM) I'm not sure if you saw this in the game thread last night, but I have been on board with De Aza playing every day for about 10 days now. Like you said, Lillibridge hasn't been able to recreate the magic he had from last year. Like I said, Im just teasing. De Aza is balling, we both win.
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ May 25, 2012 -> 01:01 PM) I heard they agreed to take the field, but only to bow to the Quintana. out of fear of becoming a sacrifice
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 25, 2012 -> 12:54 PM) Definitely. Looks like I won't have to worry about a Hafner, Kipnis, or Choo homer in RF. They will concede their ABs out of pure fear. I have heard rumors they will refuse to take the field tonite
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
QUOTE (BFirebird @ May 25, 2012 -> 12:09 PM) Going to the game tonight. Intrigued by watching Quintana pitch. Anyone have a scouting report on him? From what I have read he is of dragon and mayan god descent. His fastball has been known to literally start on fire and destroy bats, and his curveball will occasionally turn into green mist that will render a batter unconscious. KW put him on the roster out of pure fear. Hope this helps.
-
Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)
QUOTE (fathom @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:54 AM) Like Lillibridge's .931 OPS, which was easily the best against LHP of any returning player on the Sox (outside of Viciedo's 30+ ABs). Even during Spring Training, it seemed like Lillibridge was going to be playing a lot against LHP, as Ventura was having him bat 2nd. But anyways, this is about De Aza and I've really enjoyed watching him play this year. He has a really good line drive swing and makes a lot of hard hit outs also. If Hudson can get on base at a solid rate in the 9th spot, De Aza is going to hurt teams by hitting it in the hole between 1st and 2nd. fathom you know im teasing you, but come on now. Lillibridge is a bench player. De Aza may not be great or even all that good against lefties, but not many lefthanded hitters are. Lillibridge hasnt been able to replicate that success this season, and he has offered no reason to make them a platoon at any point in this season. Letting De Aza get at bats against lefties has been preferable. And De Aza has been really good this season. I am extremely happy to have him as the leadoff hitter, he can steal a base, hit for average and power, as well as drive in runs.
-
Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 25, 2012 -> 10:39 AM) Cause stats. and reasons and things and stuff
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
QUOTE (ScottyDo @ May 25, 2012 -> 11:11 AM) I always root for super-racist anachronistic mascots to lose. Hear hear, f*** those guys! I was going to say F*** the (team name) but I didnt want it to come off as being super-racist anachronistic
-
White Sox vs Indians 7:10 CST
F*** the team in Cleveland. Go Sox Hopefully Quintana can show what he showed last time he was up.
-
THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER
QUOTE (sunofgold @ May 25, 2012 -> 10:09 AM) Guess what? King Kong will be the last player to wear #14 for the White Sox. And I think he is going to hit .400 this year which means we will be hearing a lot of Ted Williams story from the Hawk. Amazing for a guy who really isn't going to get too many infield hits. honest question, because I have no idea: did Ted Williams get a lot of infield hits? I was under the impression that he was a line drive machine
-
It must be said - Hawk Harrelson has to go
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2012 -> 03:54 PM) Could this thread be closed or moved?I think it's disrespectful and petty of the Sox fan base to be critical of a legend like Hawk. I mean WTF? This would be like Cub fans blasting Harry or Sox fans blasting Harry since he was with the Sox so long as well. We're not talking about Steve Physioc here or some unknown. I repeat ... WTF? No. The end. If you dont want to read it, then dont
-
Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 25, 2012 -> 07:49 AM) But then who will take Dunn's spot in the lineup? He can't face lefties either I dont care, we just cant have De Aza facing lefties.
-
Alejandro is DA DA (De Aza)
De Aza should platoon with Lillibridge.
-
Slow pitch softball thread
We had a 30 mph wind blowing straight in from left field, so we had quite a weird game, we won 5-4 in extra innings. We were losing 4-2 in the last inning with runners on first and second 2 outs, I hit a slow dribbler up the middle and the shortstop went behind the bag and fielded it but nobody covered second base. So now bases loaded, and the guy after me pops up to second base, the second baseman drops the ball and two runs score, tie game. We went to extra innings and played international rules (the last out of the previous inning goes to second base, and everyone starts with a full count. Basically you are forced to swing or take a walk). They started with a long drive to LCF that my OF tracked down and caught but the runner moved to 3rd. We walked the next guy and rolled a double play. We loaded the bases the next half inning and hit a walkoff sac fly. So weird to win a softball game 5-4
-
The Miami Marlins thread
QUOTE (iamshack @ May 24, 2012 -> 05:25 PM) Thanks for ruining my day, Wite. Wite is good for that. Almost as good as Greg stating that a ring trumps every argument ever.
-
White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ May 24, 2012 -> 01:03 PM) The Indians sure are playing well. conversely, the Tigers sure arent
-
White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 24, 2012 -> 12:06 PM) More than anything, I want to hear Hawk interview Snoop. he gawn, fo shizzle
-
White Sox vs Twins
QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 24, 2012 -> 11:42 AM) Snoop Dog is throwing out the first pitch. USCF is going to smell like Old Comiskey Park's upper deck tonight. whatever do you mean by that DA? Please explain
-
White Sox vs Twins
F*** the Twins Jinx part deux. Go Sox Sorry Tony, you get the next one.
-
It must be said - Hawk Harrelson has to go
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 24, 2012 -> 08:41 AM) DJ is terrible and should honestly be replaced IMO. Sometimes I feel bad for Farmer for having to deal with some of DJ's non-sense. they are both terrible
-
The Miami Marlins thread
Quinarvy, that WW2/soviet union comment was straight out of the caulfield playbook
-
Post game - Todd Hollandsworth
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 24, 2012 -> 02:32 AM) Hmmm...I wonder how that would be. Could the manager have anything to do with it? According to you the manager has nothing to do with the way the players perform on the field. So no, the manager has nothing to do with it.
-
DUI troubles in Las Vegas
My dad used to live on one of the Fox chain lakes(Pistakee), and there was a massive change in the approach to lake DUI's. The thing that really sucks is cops can board your boat and search, no questions asked. They basically have free reign to board and bust, so you better hope that you don't catch their eye and that you are doing everything right while driving or anchored. We have seen plenty of people busted for being loud and rowdy, yet at Blarneys island every thursday there are boat races and wet t-shirt contests and you could probably have a 95 percent breathalyzer fail rate from everyone involved. It is a very uneven enforcement of the law
-
2011-2012 NBA Season Thread
QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ May 23, 2012 -> 01:01 PM) Ugh. Don't even say things like that. it couldn't get worse than Phil putting those mental midgets on the road to multiple titles. I certainly don't want it to happen, but I can't discount the idea. Hell, Jerry Sloan is still out there doing nothing too. Seeing Wade blow up on Spoelstra during a playoff game does not make me think that Spoelstra has much time to get it done.