Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. The legend continues
  2. F*** the dome and the team that resides in it, part trois. Go Sox. Quintana. Even 8. Do it.
  3. The 2004 offense was pretty crazy until frank and maggs went down. I don't know why but this reminds me of that offense pre-injury.
  4. Ha, apparently Cooper snapped on reporters asking pitch count questions about Sale. Something to the effect of "Pitch counts are for people who have never played the game" Lol I have no idea why they make him available to reporters.
  5. The only game I saw at Old Comiskey made me into a Sox fan. I wasn't into baseball too much before that, and had seen a few Cubs games with my parents and school. Once I saw the Sox game I was hooked.
  6. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:30 AM) Ozzie must have disliked Dunn. Ozzie rode parades. Dunn has not. Makes perfect sense
  7. I have to admit I have been kind of surprised at how much Hawk doesn't like Manuel. Jerry seemed like a really nice guy, it was just a very laid back coaching style that didn't really inspire confidence when things went bad. The one comment Hawk made yesterday that stood out to me was "Adam Dunn said spring training was the most fun he had during ST in the big leagues. I asked him 'was it because of Robin?' And Dunn replied 'that was a big part of it'".
  8. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ May 29, 2012 -> 09:04 AM) Dunn got himself in much better shape and was far more prepared coming into this season, plus he didn't get hurt. He got away with being not so physically fit in the past, but he probably realizes now he can't get away with that anymore. Hawk is making it seem like Ozzie was a big problem as well. Yea hawk has very critical of Ozzie, albeit non-directly. He doesn't outright blame ozzie, but there is no doubt who he is talking about.
  9. QUOTE (He_Gawn @ May 29, 2012 -> 08:52 AM) I wonder how Keith Law felt about that start by Chris Sale last night? What a dumbass He just shut his eyes real tight and stuck his fingers in his ears and yelled "Sale has no breaking ball! Sale has no breaking ball! La La La La La La!"
  10. F*** the dome and the team that resides in it, part deux. Go Sox. Humber, you don't need to be perfect, only a little bit better than Shields.
  11. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ May 28, 2012 -> 04:52 PM) Always gotta be about you. Don't be jealous. You get next
  12. My gamethread making ability is unmatched in the history of all eternity in the entire planet for the past week. 6 is nice.
  13. QUOTE (kapzk @ May 28, 2012 -> 03:05 PM) can any1 describe what happened on the pick off play? Bad throw by Dunn, to the 3rd base side. Alexei had to reach back across his body, then swipe down. Zobrist beat it out.
  14. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 28, 2012 -> 02:42 PM) I thought Keith Law just thought Sale's mechanics sucked. If he really said that, then he's seriously blind. Pretty sure he said Sale had a less than average secondary pitch. Here, check this out mobile.southsidesox.com/2011/12/1/2603257/keith-law-still-cannot-admit-he-was-wrong-about-chris-sale
  15. [Keith Law]Sale has no breaking ball[/Keith Law]
  16. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 28, 2012 -> 01:24 PM) De Aza actually worries me a bit long term, because he's a guy who's had serious leg injuries before. If it was within the last year or two I would worry. But it has been what, 4-5 years? And the last few years in the minors he has played a lot of games in the minors. I wouldn't worry too much anymore.
  17. More cowbell please
  18. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:55 AM) When you had as much to drink as I did last night, apparently they do. PUI
  19. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 28, 2012 -> 11:33 AM) Yeah, I guess quite a few piled on with the "remember the U.S.S. Paul Konerko" comments, lol. Maybe it's because I actually believe Greg posts sometimes simply to be a contrarian, especially about all things Ozzie/Cowley/Wise/Pierre/Pods/Harrelson/Jenks/any member of the 2005 WS team. And maybe I felt differently about it because it came from a mod and not Dick Allen or Marty, too. I post as a member, if I have to police as an admin I do so. Caulfield I don't think anyone on this board has ever doubted that you are intelligent, but sometimes your posts are so long and rambling with so many different points and counterpoints that there is no way to respond. I wasn't kidding before, you will say "I could argue XXXXX but we all know kyyle23/marty/DA/ss2k5 will respond with YYYYY". You don't even give any of us a chance to respond and argue your point, you do it for us within your own post. I'm sorry, but that is annoying to me. I am not above writing a long meticulate post to respond to something you say, but only if you allow me to do so. As for what I said about this post subject, you are looking for the floor to drop out on this team while they are currently enjoying their best baseball under Ventura. You are asking me to assign blame for Molina yet the kid has been in the organization for less than a year. How about we enjoy it a little bit?
  20. Ha! I definitely see the family resemblance, I will look for him now. I wouldn't wish TNA on him though, Hogan will just job him out. Hopefully WWE takes notice and he can move on to the minors(OVW or FCW?)
  21. QUOTE (Papa Tru @ May 28, 2012 -> 09:01 AM) My brother has a tryout for TNA on June 6th Would be pretty sweet if he got signed. That is very cool. Does he have any intentions on going long term and trying to make it to the bigtime?
  22. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 28, 2012 -> 12:57 AM) And they still have home games versus Boston, Detroit, & the White Sox The Cubs have home games vs the White Sox still?
  23. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 09:06 PM) 26-5 We had individual streaks within that stretch of 11-0 and 9-0. Sweeps were @ Pittsburgh, @ Washington, ATL (when the Braves were one of the best teams in the majors), LAA (4 game sweep) and the Royals. So five series sweeps in basically one month, including a 4 gamer. Of course, we won the first game against the Twins (high water mark) and proceeded to lose 3 in a row (July 16th-18th horror apocalypse starring Jenks, to later to be followed by Thornton/Thome). When Minnesota won the first game of the homestand 9-1 my first feeling was "aw s*** here we go again"
  24. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ May 27, 2012 -> 07:49 PM) So we should have a board-wide moratorium on any trade conjecture or any consideration of whether this team will be able to compete or not until roughly the middle of July? That would wipe out about half of SoxTalk, except Balta in the Trayvon Martin thread, "can you be a good Samaritan without believing in God?" and appropriate tipping habits from various perspectives. By definition, aren't those who now think this team is miraculously competitive or is built to win in 2012 overreacting? Or are those who are holding out for the rebuild and waiting for the inevitable cold streak again being negative "dark clouds" flying in the face of Mr. Saint's relentless gauntlet throwdown/wrestling challenge that the White Sox are actually a dynasty evolving into reality as we speak? At any point did I threaten to or attempt to restrict your right to discuss anything? No? Ok then, stop crying freedom of speech restrictions and continue on with your long windedness.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.