Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 9, 2012 -> 12:32 AM) Because Sale not being in the rotation in the future, at that time, WAS a dramatic event. Perhaps the most important one of the entire season. It necessitated one of the longest threads of the season here. I could find 20-30 articles from reputable baseball writers questioning the White Sox as well. It's not like I was the only one criticizing Williams. This McNeil article was written in the middle of one of the best strings this team has been on all season long, for what purpose? I don't think you can find a single comment in recent weeks where I have overreacted to anything, but you're welcome to point them out to me as well. Again, focusing on one thread, not your body of work. And the "i dont overreact" comment is hilarious. All one needs to do is go into any gamethread. "AJ hitting a go ahead double in the first inning instead of a homerun was the turning point" ring any bells?
  2. I have never had a problem admitting I was wrong caulfield. You are too busy writing posts where you argue your own and my case against you to notice when I do so. I'm saying that you are ripping mcneil for doing the same thing you do all the time. You pick a subject of interest within the team and spin it into a dramatic event. If you can find an instance where I do the same thing, please point it out so I can apologize for it. And again, I'm not telling you not to post. I just find it strange that you are getting angry at McNeil for doing it.
  3. QUOTE (Jake @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 09:19 PM) I am going to hold Robin accountable here. If that play is practiced the amount it should be, it is NEVER messed up in that way. No way that is Robins fault. As Stone said, that is something you practice in little league. That was a player error, not a coaching error. Alexei is no rookie out there, this is his 4th year.
  4. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 05:49 PM) I argued for years that he was a bust and was going to be a bust and nobody ever owned that they were wrong, either. They simply blamed Anderson's failures on Ozzie Guillen. Despite the fact that he was quickly out of baseball and never came close to making it as a pitcher or with another organization as an outfielder. Oh gmab Caulfield, go ahead and dig up one of these arguments you are talking about. I don't remember any of this and it certainly has nothing to do with the current arguments within the last month.
  5. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 05:31 PM) And I'm still right about Morel and Hudson. And attendance, for now, is still being used as an excuse for not adding to this team. My whole "thesis" was based on the fact that it would be impossible for the Sox to compete without Sale in the starting rotation. I guess everyone in that thread who was predicting he would be back in the rotation right away...they were the ones who were right, but I'm pretty sure there weren't many. I've never wavered on Viciedo, and I never backed down that Brian Anderson was going to be a bust, so even Marty and I get some right occasionally. Those are easier to call than others, like the fact that Zach Stewart's not going to make it. Then you should own it, instead of pointing fingers when others do it. Brian Anderson? WTF does that have to do with what we are talking about?
  6. Kyyle23 replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    the craziest thing about Alligator and normal snapping turtles? They can extend their necks halfway up their shell while snapping. So if you had your hand on the top of its shell in the middle, theoretically it can bite your hand. I rescued one off of Shoefactory road in Hoffman Estates a few summers ago, and I saw it happen. I grabbed that bad boy by the back of his shell when i picked it up and it snapped at me a few times. You would never think its neck would bend that way, and you wouldnt think it was that long.
  7. I dont know why, but this picture struck me as funny. As if someone just told Sandusky's wife what he is being accused of and he has a sheepish look on his face
  8. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 05:12 PM) That was because of the Chris Sale situation. And we wouldn't be in first place or close to it without him. We'd be in full rebuild mode still. No it wasnt just that. Sale, Morel, Hudson, attendance. All of it DA is absolutely right
  9. QUOTE (Carter224 @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 05:08 PM) Man I gotta shake it up every once in a while. And why arent these damn games ever down here. At least next year theyll be here. Houston is still mad they got swept and the Sox got to celebrate in their place
  10. Tru you are killing me with these name changes. I was ready to say "Welcome to Soxtalk!" and everything
  11. Sonofgaga certainly comes up with some bad nicknames
  12. QUOTE (Iwritecode @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 11:24 AM) Why is that guy wearing a Cards jersey? His kid tells you that he is an idiot
  13. Kyyle23 replied to Baron's topic in The Diamond Club
    QUOTE (DirtySox @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 12:40 PM) Indeed. The we have Cubans thing is overrated as a draw. The Cubs have actually signed more Cuban prospects than the Sox of late as well. LOL, yeah. One.
  14. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 03:43 AM) It's one thing to ditch Megan Fox from Transformers or Tobey Maguire from Spider-Man, but Bale has become THE Batman of the last 20-25 years. Um, one thing is very much not like the others
  15. QUOTE (pittshoganerkoff @ Jun 8, 2012 -> 10:45 AM) A Sound of Thunder is one of the best short stories of all time. And it was made into an absolutely horrible movie. It was a good simpsons episode though!
  16. Ex Fleetwood Mac Guitarist Bob Welch, self inflicted gunshot wound
  17. I was thinking of possible 3rd base options and considered Aramis Ramirez since the Brewers are not really contending this season. After looking at his contract, NEVERMIND
  18. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Jun 7, 2012 -> 02:30 PM) So what shall Jordan's lame, cheesy nickname be? J4L
  19. QUOTE (Cali @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:40 PM) 2000 and 2005 have a few things in common... you said it, not me
  20. QUOTE (GoSox05 @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:30 PM) Wow, 12 years. That's a long time to not go to a game. I saw them at Wrigley in 05 in the first game of the crosstown series. Freddy Garcia started, Crede and Dye homered. Its just been a long time since I have had the time and money to go.
  21. QUOTE (elrockinMT @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 03:12 PM) Greg, You can't change some folks minds about former Sox players LOL. I still am a big supporter of Carlos Quentin. I am not sure I am convinced those two minor league prospects for CQ was a fair deal for the Sox. Plus the injury thing is getting pretty old. PK has a recurring hand injury and I read in the Phil Rogers article today that he thinks we should now be concerned about Paulie It isnt old. He got off the DL two weeks ago. Paul Konerko has performed while injured and while healthy, and Konerko has yet to see the kind of DL time that Quentin consistently gets. Plus they are what, 10 years apart in age? Not a good comparison at all.
  22. i am so excited to go to the game tonite. First time in 12 years(yes, you read that right. 12) that i have been to a game at the Cell. The last time I went, Cal Eldred started against the indians, and the Sox won 5-3 behind Thomas and Valentin homers. And some people might remember this: Jim Thome was up to bat for the Indians, and he hit a pop up around third a mile high. Herbert Perry ran to make the catch and tripped and fell flat on his face, and the ball fell foul. Jim Thome hit the next pitch 3/4 the way up the former hideous blue hitters backdrop. By far the longest homerun i have ever seen in person
  23. QUOTE (Brian @ Jun 6, 2012 -> 02:54 PM) All this talk about breaking up the 3 if Heat lose this series is ridiculous. Not taking away from Boston but if Bosh is healthy and plays the whole series, I believe the series is over or Heat up 3-2 right now. IMO. Don't think they would beat OKC, but they are in the finals again. at the same time, the Celtics also have some health issues of their own
  24. @rmooneytrib: #Rays OF Brandon Allen has been reinstated from the DL and designated for assignment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.