Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
That would be a White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:38 PM) You aren't upset Paulie got his face knocked in? Jake will bean a Cub or two. Bank on it. Me being upset Paul got beaned has nothing do with your ridiculous notion that someone has to get beaned in retaliation. How about a bet, if Peavy beans nobody, you have to state that Ozzie Guillen is a joke. If he beans someone, I will admit you were right.
-
That would be a White Sox Winner!
QUOTE (Balta1701 @ May 19, 2012 -> 09:28 PM) Seriously, it's impressive how rapidly his last outing has been forgotten. Easy to forget when he gets lit up a pressure free situation
-
That would be a White Sox Winner!
You know, I'm really pissed that the Sox didn't do what greg wanted and bean some Cubs batters out of bloodlust so that we could have Zach Stewart pitch in long relief. That would have been so much better than Danks today.
-
Sox @ Cubs 5/19 game thread
I'm sick of seeing that girl. Nut up Zach, this is f***ing ridiculous
-
Sox sign Orlando Hudson
Hudson isn't being brought in to help groom young talent. He is being brought in as a stopgap replacement at third base because Morel either shat the bed or his back is f***ed, or both. I could care less about him helping to groom young talent, I want a 9 hitter that isn't an automatic out. My problem is that I am unsure if Hudson isn't an automatic out at this point in his career.
-
2012 Cubs thread
Im not gonna rip retiring Wood's number. Hell, the Sox retired Harold Baines number BEFORE HE EVEN RETIRED. And Baines is no Hall of Famer either, just a beloved member of the Sox.
-
Sox sign Orlando Hudson
QUOTE (That funky motion @ May 19, 2012 -> 04:33 PM) Can he play 3rd? You have to think that is the plan, or move Beckham back to third
-
The Miami Marlins thread
Gregs standards for manager of the year award are awesome.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 19, 2012 -> 06:19 AM) Well, there's that.
-
Post game - Todd Hollandsworth
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:56 PM) Maybe Paulie will tell Peavy he doesn't need to drill a Cub, but I would suspect he'll want to stand up for the face of the White Sox franchise. So if Danks goes out and pitches a solid game tomorrow and the game is well played on both sides, no issues between the teams whatsoever, you think it is a good idea to have Peavy go out and drill someone? That's really solid right there greg
-
Post game - Todd Hollandsworth
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 09:36 PM) Peavy is a stud. He will hit a Cub and probably get ejected immediately, but it will be the right thing to do. Peavy will take it into his own hands, no matter what Robin says to him. I doubt Robin will even address it but you can bet Jake will drill a Cub. I wonder who the long man will be on Sunday. This is really the definition of horrible strategy and a teammate that doesn't have winning as his number one priority. I'm pretty sure Jake won't do that, though, so I am not too worried. This issue is dead.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Quinarvy @ May 18, 2012 -> 08:17 PM) How long before the "Reed may bend, but he will not break" jokes? I think this right here is the beginning and end of them
-
2012-13 Music Thread
QUOTE (farmteam @ May 18, 2012 -> 07:10 PM) Was it in this thread that I recently first heard about Chief Keef, the 16 year old from Chicago? Anyway, the remix of "I Don't Like" is pretty good, especially Kanye's verse. I should really learn how to embed videos. Anyway, here's the link: http://www.youtube.com/embed/yZAZmuR-fPM You paste the embed code in the text window, and underneath the text window you change post options from HTML OFF to HTML ON AUTO LINE BREAK or HTML RAW LINE BREAK and then submit your post
-
Post game - Todd Hollandsworth
QUOTE (Marty34 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:25 PM) Caught the tail end of Hollandsworth on CTL ripping Peavy pretty good. If anyone else heard it what was his point? It was basically them saying that Peavy better not go into sunday ready to bean people after what happened.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (greg775 @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:11 PM) Oops. he gawn. I'm assuming that type of statement may cost him the rest of the season. How do you take something like that back? I do not believe he would take that back
-
Post game - Todd Hollandsworth
Kaplan is butthurt about it
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2012 -> 05:03 PM) I havent seen Alien in forever and is a shame because I like it the best of the 4. Not sure if I should rewatch before or after Prometheus. Prometheus is a stand-alone prequel, so watching Alien isn't a prerequisite. Ridley Scott said that it surprised him that it surprised him that nobody asked why a ship with a cargo full of alien eggs and a dead alien(space jockey) was just sitting there sending out a distress signal. It is such a small part of Alien, they go into the ship, a facehugger jumps on John Hurt, and they leave the ship with an alien. Nobody bothered to ask why it was there, hence Ridley Scott is gonna tell us.
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:49 PM) Don't think it's a prequel. Just takes place in the same Alien universe. That's what Lindelof says anyway. It is a prequel. Prometheus trailers have already shown the Space jockey suit/pilot cockpit that is in the abandoned alien ship in the original movie. This movie is going to explain why that ship got there.
-
2012 White Sox Catch-All thread
QUOTE (Chicago White Sox @ May 18, 2012 -> 04:27 PM) Is there a reason this f*** hasn't been banned yet? Isn't him admitting he's a troll the nail in the coffin? Whoever would we have around to complain about Jerry Reinsdorf every post? Reinsdorf was an idiot today for telling Samarzijida to hit Konerko in the face. You are all sheep for not recognizing that.
-
Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread
QUOTE (Harry Chappas @ May 18, 2012 -> 02:44 PM) Didn't that end Kirby Puckett's career? Sort of. He got glaucoma in his eye, he was knocked out the previous season from a fastball in the face
-
Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread
QUOTE (Soxfest @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:36 PM) These Cub announcer f***s watch piss pour Soriano everyday in LF and rip Dunn nonstop. to be fair, they rip Soriano a lot when he is bad
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2012 -> 01:26 PM) When did you inquire about your free agency? Right when the leagues started? As a captain, we get an email once or twice a year "hey guys, we have some people looking for teams. if you are interested let me know and I will send you their info" Just contact your local park district and let them know
-
2012 Films Thread
QUOTE (BigSqwert @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:53 AM) I want to reiterate that I am ridiculously excited to see Prometheus. That is all. This. One thing I hope this movie does is prove that a prequel can be done correctly
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ May 17, 2012 -> 09:29 PM) So right after I comment on this thread, I get a phone call from our best power hitter saying he hurt his hand and can't play our double header tonight. Ugh. I got a replacement, but we got killed both games. Lost 13-6, and then 16-2. I went 3/5 at the plate. I accidentally muscled up and blast one deep to right center field, and the outfielder made a great running grab on it. Blaaahh. And yes, I DO keep personal stats for myself each game! Not RBIs, because thats too hard to remember sometimes, but batting AVG. I was 4/5 in our first game, 1/3 in our second, and 2/2 in our third. So I'm 7 for 10 on the season. Not too shabby, batting .700. Our team loves our stats http://www.leaguelineup.com/teams_baseball...p;sid=372174075 this site is awesome, we love it. And yea, your AUTHORITAY dont mean jack, lol. s*** happens, we had a no show last night and played the second best team in the park with 9 guys, and one was a sub that hasnt played 12" ever, and boy was he bad. We lost 21-9. They just peppered the gaps on us. QUOTE (chw42 @ May 18, 2012 -> 11:59 AM) Where the hell do you guys sign up for these leagues? I'm too old to play organized baseball now and I've always enjoyed how easy it is to hit in softball. For me it was right place right time. I met a guy at work who was looking for some people to play, and I joined. When i was in Carbondale I just went to a game and hung around and looked for a team needing players. YOu can usually spot them
-
Sox @ Cubs 5/18 game thread
QUOTE (flavum @ May 18, 2012 -> 10:35 AM) There's pinch hitting in NL parks. Whaaaa? They allow pinch hitting in the NL? I would rather Viciedo get the ABs than Rios or Morel even, but whatever