Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. Kyyle23 replied to iamshack's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (illinilaw08 @ Feb 16, 2012 -> 09:00 AM) Our Vizsla pup, who we picked up last Saturday, apparently has fleas. And our two cats, who apparently have been eating the fleas, now have worms. We got the topical treatments from the vet for both the cats and the pup (and the cats got the pills for dealing with the worms) and I know we need to do a pretty thorough cleaning of the house to get rid of any and all fleas. Has anyone else dealt with the flea issue before? What do we need to do to make sure they don't come back? What products have people had sucess with? man, that really sucks. When i lived in Carbondale, it seemed like every house we moved into had issues. 2 things that must be done are treatment of the carpet/upholstery and treatment of the lawn. fleas drop eggs everywhere, and those eggs hatch as soon as a host is available, so you have to kill the eggs. there is a carpet powder you can get, and a lawn treatment as well. the carpet powder is a total pain in the rear because you have to leave it on for a while, I think a half hour. I would look on the petmeds website for some brands you could use, im sure they have some different things
  2. Sorry for your loss, HH. At least he got to see a world championship in his time
  3. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 12:38 PM) Apparently his wife is from Maryland, and doesn't like to fly. "Wife, this is California. We have millions. Now shut yer mouth." problem solved
  4. Invasion of privacy, false imprisonment, badgering.....whatever it was, it was wrong on many levels. Those coaches should lose their jobs.
  5. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 09:02 AM) Honestly, this is Mike D'Antoni's offense. THere's no plausible reason why that should be a problem. I disagree. Melo succeeds because he dominates the ball. D'Antoni's offense succeeds when the PG dominates the ball. Something will have to give here, and my guess it will not be Melo. There will be nights where the offense looks great and there will be nights where they just stagnate, I have no doubt. Hot and cold, just like before.
  6. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:58 AM) Haha...I was referring to The Walking Dead...and I was really confused trying to figure out who Karen, Fiona and Veronica were! Time to start watching Shameless and find out!
  7. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:52 AM) I am sure the computers plus a site like Milwaukee would be utilized. I know it is a computer program, but I am thinking there are going to be some crazy Circus Trip-esque type roadtrips that will come about to make this work. Those are never fun
  8. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:45 AM) I wish the show was on HBO so I could at least hope to see the blonde's boobs. I am sure a quick google search will provide that for you. Karen and Fiona are both pretty hot, but Veronica(Shanola Hampton) has the best body on the show, hands down
  9. i would hate to be a MLB schedule maker if this happened. Accomodating both the Sox and Cubs schedules so they dont cross would have a big ripple effect on the entire league schedule
  10. Dan McNeil posted something on his facebook about the Comcast awards and specifically why was Boozer getting one. I replied with a spray on hair joke and it just cascaded from there, it was pretty funny, everyone was joking about how bad his hair looked in Boston.
  11. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 08:04 AM) There was a flower shop near here that burned to the ground Monday night. That would be a valid excuse why the flowers didnt go out
  12. QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 09:29 PM) Well Kyyle you can add to those stats...Creighton shot a MVC single game record 78 percent from the field tonight against the Dawgs. Hahahahahahhahaha what a f***in embarrassment. I remember when Under Armour came on board with SIU, and their motto "PROTECT OUR HOUSE" made sense.
  13. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (JPN366 @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 12:28 AM) It's actually feeling a little slow to me. It's lacking some bite, I actually wish Frank would die. I know that he is technically the protagonist, but still. Was Jeremy Allen White told that he would spend all season brooding, smoldering, drinking, smoking, raging and wearing the same clothes the whole time? The show would totally suck if that happened
  14. QUOTE (iamshack @ Feb 15, 2012 -> 07:47 AM) FTD did not deliver the flowers I ordered for the girlfriend for Valentine's Day to her place of business. I placed the order on February 6. I have a feeling there will be a showdown with the customer service department today. That is pretty bogus. I worked at Jerry's flower shop for 2 years before i left Carbondale and Valentines day was the day that you agreed you werent going home until every order was out, and the orders were all double checked. Most of the pre-orders were on the table waiting for me when i walked in the door. They need to deliver those flowers, and then some, AND comp it
  15. Kyyle23 replied to JPN366's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 06:05 AM) Not married and not even close to ever having kids (I'm not getting any younger). But I can honestly say that I do not want kids. Hope I never have to tell my mom that when I get married. My best friend didn't want kids. He was really happy with the married downtown lifestyle, seeing shows with his wife whenever he wanted to, drinking until all hours and coming in when he wanted to. Me and Brian(ironic that is his name, no?) Both ended up getting our wives pregnant at the exact same time(not planned) and our sons were born 4 days apart. Last time we visited them, about a month ago, Brian said to me "You know, I work 10-12 hour days. I deal with assholes all day long, and I'm taking a class on wednesdays and Fridays after work. I get maybe 45 minutes to an hour with Jack when I come home, and I get to play with him and put him in bed. It is the best 45 minutes to and hour of my entire day, I look forward to it all day long" I honestly never thought I would hear him say something like that, and I have known Brian since I was 6 years old. I am not saying you are like him and this will happen to you. All I am saying is do not discount it. Having a child is one of the best things that can happen to a person.
  16. Kyyle23 replied to knightni's topic in SLaM
    This looks like one of those "WTF???" movies that I tend to enjoy
  17. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 04:11 PM) I now have evidence for my wife to NOT get a breast reduction like she wants: Huge-breasted model walks away from horror crash after her 38KKK chest acts as airbag She must have gotten that boob job to distract you from her face
  18. QUOTE (The Critic @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 03:58 PM) Young guy, pretty good wrestler, but IMO not a lot of character or charisma. Sounds like all of TNA's roster and half of WWE's roster
  19. QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 02:30 PM) St. Patrick's Day in Savannah, GA. SO PUMPED. Does something significant happen in Savannah, GA on St Patricks day? I don't get it. Casmir Pulaski day in Sleepy Hollow IL! Yeehaw!
  20. Jesse Sorensen fractured his neck at the TNA ppv, had his C1 vertebrae fused.
  21. QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:38 AM) It's hilarious how he just commits and doesn't care about reactions and just keeps getting odder. The Spider Stew part was just out there. The look on Dolph Zigglers face was priceless
  22. QUOTE (Brian @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:39 AM) Chris Lowery LOL. We will trade Illinois for Weber, straight up. Ok ok, you can have Jeff Early too
  23. QUOTE (SOXOBAMA @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 11:15 AM) I hope we can sign a few cheap relievers.. They did. Their names are Donnie Veal and Addison Reed
  24. i know they like John Lucas, but the guy is too small. I would rather them hold on to James
  25. QUOTE (ewokpelts @ Feb 14, 2012 -> 10:58 AM) Where's Soldiers Field? Right next to Cominskey Park. the guy is from Spain, so cut him a little slack

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.