Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (chunk23 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 06:15 PM) When you have a lineup like the Yankees of course a .900 OPS is the "weak link". However, he would've been our best OFer last year. And either way, the Yankees weakest OF was Melky Cabrera. Besides, why would a player like him be considered the weak link? Since when is a .869 OPS weak? That doesn't make any sense. Who would you have the Sox bring in to DH? In the playoffs, Swisher was very much the weak link. Yankees fans dont forget playoff performances
  2. QUOTE (kev211 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 06:11 PM) That would be a huge win for you guys. We get them Saturday I'm pumped. If the Salukis want to show that they can hang, they need to drop UNI tonite. Time to bring back the home court advantage to the Arena
  3. The Segui/Karros/Hentgen type votes are from the people who dont want the Alomars and Blylevens in the hall of fame. They are excuse picks. Is there full disclosure about who votes for who? If there isnt and this is entirely secretive, then it should be exposed, because these hacks need to have their vendettas and politics thrown back in their faces.
  4. Northern Iowa vs Southern Illinois on ESPNU tonite should be fun
  5. QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:55 AM) Vinnie Jones played Juggernaut on the X-Men??? Wow, I didn't know that. In X-3 he did. And he said that line too. It was about the only redeemable portion of that crapfest.
  6. QUOTE (Fantl916 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 04:33 PM) i havent read the whole thread, but has anyone floated the idea of Russell Branyan? Looks like his options are dwindling and he was pretty dam good against righties last year. one or two year deal at $4 million per? Use Andruw against lefties, Branyan against righties? Sounds pretty hot to me! I was thinking about this the other night myself. Branyan is passable defensively as well. Im wondering if he has a pretty hefty pricetag that he has given himself because of last year.
  7. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 04:14 PM) Dear god.... Like I said, hogan gets his friends paid. Brian Knobs has been one of his best friends for a long time
  8. QUOTE (MHizzle85 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 11:16 AM) Only for Wii? Yeah now you know how I feel when i see some of the Xbox and PS3 exclusives all over tv
  9. At what point did Arenas go from kooky silly to almost artest insane?
  10. LOL, TNA about to give a big push for Nasty Boys vs Dudleyz
  11. QUOTE (Jenks Heat @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 09:01 AM) They won the AL. In 2008? I must have missed that while watching the Sox and Twins in their 1 game playoff. I believe bmags is talking about the Tigers pre 08 trade for Willis and Cabrera that had everyone penciling them in for a World Series. Didnt quite happen that way
  12. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:54 AM) Reasonable estimates of the team value of the Cavs seem to suggest that having scored the 2003 #1 pick has probably increased the value of the Cavs franchise by about $100 million over the past 7 years, and if he were to leave it'd knock an immediate $50 million off of the value of that asset (again, not considering things like revenue there, just considering the value of the franchise itself if it were sold). yeah, but the payroll hasnt really increased all that much in St Louis the past 10 years because Pujols has been on the team, and after the contract is signed it wouldnt seem like they would have a huge jump in popularity. This isnt adding a star, this is resigning a star. Plus, the Cavs were dreadful. The Cardinals have stayed competitive since LaRussa has been in charge
  13. Kyyle23 replied to juddling's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (The Critic @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:49 AM) I liked Jack Black in High Fidelity. And nothing else ever. I actually liked the Tenacious D movie. Especially the Sasquatch scene. Be Kind Rewind, School of Rock and Tropic Thunder werent bad either. But he has made a bunch of duds too
  14. QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:41 AM) Madden 10, NHL 2k10, NBA 2K10... anyone played any of these games on Wii? I got a Wii for Christmas and I was thinking of adding them to my want list. If you are a gamer for sports games, these franchises arent really made for Wii. PS3 and XBox are the way to go, the graphics and gameplay are far superior. The Wii is fun for different reasons for me. I like a lot of the WiiWare games, I like being able to download NES/SNES/Sega/TurboGraphx/NeoGeo/N64 games, and the Nintendo brand games(Mario, Zelda, Metroid, Wii Sports) are always a blast.
  15. QUOTE (Balta1701 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:36 AM) I think Pujols is probably somewhat comparable to Lebron, in the sense of bringing a huge amount of additional value to the team just by being there. I'm not sure how much that counts, but I would bet they'd lose more money if they let him walk. I agree with that, but can it offset this amount of money?
  16. QUOTE (SouthsideDon48 @ Jan 6, 2010 -> 08:23 AM) Vinnie Jones??? Its Juggernaut, b****
  17. I just cant get my head around the fact that the Cardinals will be paying roughly 35 million dollars to two players if/when Albert gets extended. According to this site the payroll last year was $ 88,528,409, can they honestly commit that much money to two players without losing out in quality in the rest of the team? The owner must be increasing the payroll, but from what I recall the Cardinals still try to operate on a smaller budget even with the new stadium and sellouts
  18. Kyyle23 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Its on the kid side, but me and my daughter are reading "Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Lightning Thief" together before the movie comes out. Its not bad so far. Its very "Harry Potter" in a Greek sense instead of Magical sense, but it is still good
  19. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 10:04 PM) o i see what you did there
  20. http://sports.espn.go.com/videogames/news/story?id=4795625 I had no idea Jordan and Payton were a limited edition team. I thought Jordan was never going to be in it because of his licensing issues with the NBA
  21. QUOTE (nitetrain8601 @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 08:00 PM) If I was a Bears fan, I would. The Bears need a revamped offense IMO. The best candidate other than Martz would be Terry Shea. He was everyone's favorite until Grossman got injured in game 2 or 3 and lost for the season. Then it was learned that unless you have a cannon for an arm, you couldn't run the offense. I think he got a raw deal, but I know the Bears wouldn't dare bring him back. You lost me there with Shea. No way, no how.
  22. http://rajah.com/base/node/18097 - WWE announced on Twitter that actor William Shatner will be the special guest host of Monday Night Raw on February 1st from Nashville, Tennessee. The next month of guest hosts will be: 1/11: Mike Tyson 1/18: Jon Heder & Don Johnson 1/25: James Roday & Dule Hill 2/1: William Shatner
  23. QUOTE (bmags @ Jan 5, 2010 -> 07:48 PM) I'm just kind of making this comment as an aside, but before 2008, the tigers made a bunch of crazy deals and were assured to win the central. And yeah. BUT, the cardinals seem to annually OVERachieve. Yes, they have the greatest player in baseball, but man, every year since 2004 I've pretty much looked at their roster and been like, meh. And they just compete like hell. I agree with this. LaRussa definitely can push buttons like no other.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.