Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
why is it that the Lakers consistently find other teams and convince the other team to bend over backwards for them? Not that it has happened yet, but i am now feeling that it has a good chance
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
man, I am very surprised that she got away with throwing a cup of ice water and didnt get ejected immediately
-
2014 Video game thread
QUOTE (Buehrle>Wood @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 09:47 AM) Sup Kyle Nintendo is giving away a free game with Mario Kart 8. Windwaker HD, NSMBU, Pikmin 3 or Wii Party U. Europe list is 8 games long so I hope they expand the American Offering. Either way I don't have Pikmin so I'll get that too. Great deal. I saw that, its between WW HD and Wii Party U for me. I already have Pikmin and have grown bored of the SMB games. Cant wait for MK, the screenshots and video released yesterday are awesome
-
Bieber got a DUI
QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ May 1, 2014 -> 09:20 AM) Marion Berry says hello. Very true, however he was arrested and convicted, and spent some time in jail. Rob Ford went on a tv and radio show tour
-
Payroll Obligations 2015-2019
QUOTE (LDF @ May 1, 2014 -> 09:02 AM) Marty .... Marty .... marty, I really don't need to come to SS2K5 defense, but the poster I know as SS2K5 doesn't come at anyone or causes problems ..... so chill I believe you knowingly just posted a falsehood. The soxtalk illuminati are now discussing the proper punishment
-
Bieber got a DUI
Could you imagine a scenario where a Mayor of a major city in the US smoked crack on video, was caught, continued to serve his post, and again was caught smoking crack on video, and merely entered rehab? The sheer ridiculousness of the entire situation is so amusing to me. Nobody has any power to remove him, they just let him do his thing
-
Payroll Obligations 2015-2019
I don't think SS2k5 believes that to be false
-
2014 TV thread
Just upgraded my Directv to the genie system for free, I'm also getting a mini genie and get to keep my current HD DVR and retain all of my recordings. This is why I pay for the protection plan
-
**4/30 thread: Sox vs Tigers, 1:10pm**
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 02:38 PM) 2nd time in 5 innings Hawk begging Kipnis to rest in Sox series. because Kipnis kills the Sox. He is hurt anyways so Hawk shouldnt worry too much
-
2014-2015 NCAA football thread
are we sure that the crab legs didnt agree to go with Winston? Is there a preponderance of evidence.
-
**4/30 thread: Sox vs Tigers, 1:10pm**
QUOTE (chw42 @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 12:44 PM) There's been a ton of WCIU and WGN games this year. Any reason why? I think they bumped to those channels just to make sure CSN can air NBA and NHL playoffs
-
**4/30 thread: Sox vs Tigers, 1:10pm**
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 12:41 PM) Nobody should expect a good ending result today. well i am not surprised at this post whatsoever
-
**4/30 thread: Sox vs Tigers, 1:10pm**
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 08:48 AM) Popping my 2014 game thread cherry. funny quote when paired with your eaton sig
-
MLB 2014 Injuries
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 30, 2014 -> 08:08 AM) That is the bajillion dollar question. maybe kajillion zillion, but certainly not bajillion. that is just silly
-
Slow pitch softball thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 05:37 PM) I'm guessing our season opener isn't happening this week. Ours is 5/8 against the Sac Tappers, at 6:25. CANT WAIT! /Bart Scott
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
I just saw a vine of it, the story says that the other woman called Boozer a loser and then threw a beer at Boozers GF after they exchanged words. Boozers GF definitely delivered a few shots
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Hopefully the Pacers get bounced too so the ECF will be MIA vs LOL
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
I like how boozer turned it over, then immediately pushed people
-
4/29 vs Tigers
QUOTE (beautox @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 08:26 PM) hahaha LoL @ Hawk "tank walked......yes....walked last inning" I was coming to type the same thing, that was funny
-
Will Sox be buyers, not sellers, at the trade deadline?
QUOTE (VAfan @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 08:17 PM) Ideas in this thread I think are just WRONG. 1. Sox will trade Alexei Ramirez. This isn't happening. Ramirez is a key building block on a playoff caliber team. If you trade him, you've taken a major step backward. There is no one on the club or in the minors who could possibly take his place, and no team is going to trade us a young Alexei Ramirez for the older Alexei Ramirez. I expect the Sox to ride him as long as he's playing well. I believe that he's also been a factor is luring other talented Cubans to the team, which cannot be underestimated. 2. Sox will trade Adam Dunn at the deadline. This is still possible if the Sox collapse, but the premise of my thread is that is less likely to happen than continued contention in the tight AL Central. If you look at Dunn's line so far, he's hitting as well as he has in many years -- really at the level that led the Sox to sign him in the first place. As the only power lefty in the Sox lineup, I don't see the Sox letting him go this year, since there is no alternative available. Indeed, here's an idea I may float in its own thread -- if Adam Dunn completes the year with a line like he has so far, and had in 2009 and 2010 for Washington, or even 2012 for the Sox -- I wouldn't be shocked if the Sox brought him back on a two-year deal for less money - say $8-10M/year. And I think Dunn would happily sign for that to be part of an up-and-coming team. We have all had our limit of Adam Dunn, but you can't deny that the numbers he is putting up at the moment make him a valuable part of our new lineup. My view is that the Sox will tinker around the edges during the season in an attempt to improve this year and beyond. They might trade Beckham because they have the replacement on the roster. They might move DeAza if a better left fielder can be had, or if Jordan Danks is given enough time in the lineup to outplay him. But these are insignificant moves, as neither guy has much value. As I see it, the Sox rebuild among their regulars is mostly complete. Who's a for sure next season? - Abreu 1B - Eaton CF - Garcia RF - Ramirez SS Next level of confidence - Viciedo LF (might DH if we get a lefty power bat who plays a better LF) -- starting the season, this was a huge question, but his new approach puts him solidly in the mix. - Semien 2B -- even with his Ks, it's pretty clear that Semien is going to become our regular 2B. Next level - Carpenter/Gillaspie 3B -- this position will be in flux until one of them really establishes himself. - Flowers C -- if Flowers hits reasonably well, he fills the catcher spot That leaves potentially only one slot that needs to be filled - DH (or LF) - with a lefty power bat. If Adam Dunn continues hitting like he has, he'll be a possibility for that spot. I know this is counter to what most guys here have been thinking. But I don't see the Sox as having any major players they can trade at this point -- other than guys who (a) shouldn't be traded because it will create a huge hole, like Alexei Ramirez or (b) wouldn't bring much in return, like Adam Dunn, since he'd only be a short-term rental. The Sox are going to need to finish their rebuilding project by (a) signing a key free agent or two, (b) continuing the development work with guys like Erik Johnson and Webb, © drafting well, and (d) continuing their reclamation project ways to fill in role players. Davidson?
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Good job. Good effort bulls Thibs is raging, he just yelled "Jesus f***ing Christ!" And the mic picked it up
-
Slow pitch softball thread
Ha, that's like 9 pin bowling, that sounds fun. A guy on my summer team played a winter league where the only field is the infield, and there is netting with a designated home run area, nothing off the ceiling can be a home run. He said there are few doubles, and triples are almost unheard of.
-
2014 TV thread
QUOTE (ZoomSlowik @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 02:54 PM) I hope that's not about me. I'm happy with 98% of the show and a lot of it is awesome. Some of this recent stuff is just bugging me slightly. I'm also obviously a bit concerned (that might even be too strong a word) about what happens when they pass the books. Well its a little bit you. And Rock, And Sonix. It isnt a bad thing, i understand the difference between theater of the mind and putting it to a movie/tv show. I just dont want to be let down, you know? This show delivers on so many different levels, and me and my buddy have a lot of conversations during and after the show. I would hate for me to have to stifle that conversation because I knew something was coming. This is the part when Steve comes in and cries about me ruining the Purple Wedding on facebook.
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 29, 2014 -> 02:22 PM) Well, let's be honest, it is a bit faux outrage. This dude's been doing this kind of stuff for decades and the drum beat to get him out of the league never started until now and he was out of the league in what, 4 days? I'm not at all suggesting it's unjustified by the way. I'm just saying I can see Cuban's argument about how this might play out in the future, depending on what by-law/provision they used here. I will never argue with you that this shouldnt have been done earlier. This is why I wish Stern had to face the music, and not Silver