Everything posted by Kyyle23
-
NBA Thread 2013-2014
Grizz put a little run on the Thunder, made it a respectable game
-
2014 Video game thread
Does anyone play Injustice? Is it worth a shot?
-
2014 MLB catch-all thread
- White Sox @ Rangers 7:05 CST - WGN
QUOTE (Soxfest @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 07:33 PM) Everytime Sox only get 1 measly run with bases loaded. Well last year they got none. So 1 run is good- White Sox @ Rangers 7:05 CST - WGN
QUOTE (raBBit @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 01:56 PM) Santana is throwing tonight I think. We need to get "penis blood serpent" to stick as a name for Quintana. You should look through last years Quintana game threads. The name wasn't made up by me, pretty sure it wa a Quinarvy/iamshack creation- White Sox @ Rangers 7:05 CST - WGN
Time for the penis blood serpent to make us forget about He Who Shall Not Be Named Who Pitched Last Night.- Odds on Paulino?
I can't imagine that they go with 4 lefties in the rotation, but maybe Carroll and Leesman come up and Leesman slides into the LOOGY role- Sports Media Discussion
Not Chicago radio/media, but GMA is adding Tony Reali as a contributor http://money.cnn.com/2014/04/18/news/compa...tony-reali.json- Odds on Paulino?
QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 08:01 AM) QUOTE (glangon @ Apr 19, 2014 -> 06:26 AM) Paulino is rotten, worse than Axelrod was. Speaking of Axelrod; there is your 5Th starter. He's a serviceable RHP, and can eat some innings, thus saving the pen. On occasion, he can throw a pretty decent game, and isn't horrible the rest of the time. I can't imagine the Sox adding yet one more left handed starter to the rotation. They desperately need a RHP. Thank goodness Johnson showed such significant improvement in his last start, after some adjustments he made. Are you serious? Did you not watch axelrod last season?? HOT. GARBAGE. Might as well throw Paulino back out there- GT 4/18: CWS @ TEX - 7:05pm CST
QUOTE (scs787 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 08:39 PM) Is Leury available today?? I'd throw him out there again, f*** it. Already gave up when you let Paulino take it on the chin. I'm not sure he can pitch after playing the field- GT 4/18: CWS @ TEX - 7:05pm CST
Well, he is going out in grand fashion- GT 4/18: CWS @ TEX - 7:05pm CST
QUOTE (Marty34 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 08:26 PM) You're ok with Abreu? These first 3 weeks are totally enough to bury him- GT 4/18: CWS @ TEX - 7:05pm CST
Please make him cease being a white sox- Baseball Cards help
Nobody wants your 1990 Carnie Lansford card NSS- How many blown saves will we have this season?
Why isn't Puig an answer in the poll?- Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 04:54 PM) Actually, 15. Two of them were Leury's, but still 13 for the real pitchers. I think the bullpen had 11, Danks had 4- 2014 Catch-all Anything thread
http://my.chicagotribune.com/#section/545/...e/p2p-79951540/ Sometimes people are just 100 percent fail- Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:23 PM) You found an example. Thanks. I thought it was an embarrassing mistake for a manager. When you trot a position player out there you are basically conceding a game and we were in first place at the time. Greg, he had NOBODY left! He put out Garcia not because he wanted to, because he had to! This isn't concession!- Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (greg775 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 03:05 PM) My point is I don't remember this ever happening? If anybody can give me an example of a team throwing an infielder out there in a tie game, I'm listening.I'm saying this is a monumental managing mistake. Teams just don't do this. How about two teams running out of pitchers? http://content.usatoday.com/communities/da.../1#.U1GGkym9LCQ Really Greg, you are being ridiculous about this. Bottom line is, you use your bullpen to win, you aren't supposed to plan for extra innings when you are winning in the 8th- 2014 NFL Draft Thread
Nix has first round talent, but I am skeptical about his ability to stay healthy and in shape- 2014 TV thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:51 AM) See this is where my memory is off and maybe i'm combining the movie and the woman cop in the show. I know she's the one that solves the murder in the movie, but didn't she make dumb statements all the time? Wasn't that her character? I don't remember. IMO she played up the part of being ditzy, but she wasnt really. I mean, she basically figured it all out by herself and found the killer. She said a lot of native accent type statements for sure, though- 2014 TV thread
QUOTE (Jenksismyb**** @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:43 AM) I haven't watched the original in a long time, but is this new TV show supposed to be a remake? Are they changing the story? I noticed the accent of the female cop isn't nearly as strong (although she's still a ditz). You thought Frances McDormand came off as a ditz in the original?- Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 11:23 AM) So do you think his results have not been good enough or they are misleading, because they look like the results of a pretty decent reliever to me? He makes me ill when he enters a game. Just like Linebrink did, when he comes in im surprised if he gets the job done.- GT 4/18: CWS @ TEX - 7:05pm CST
QUOTE (Bigsoxhurt35 @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:30 AM) We're due for a good Paulino outing I guess. the sunshine and rainbows are here!- Worst Mistake of Robin's Young Career?
QUOTE (iamshack @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:36 AM) One point I'll raise is that this current Red Sox team has struggled a bit to score runs. Weather conditions were poor. But they do take pitches - they are one of the best teams in baseball at working the count, being patient, taking walks. Allowing a guy like Lindstrom to come in and just throw strikes to start off the 9th was the pretty easy answer. The Red Sox had scored 3 runs against us in the previous 17 innings. They had ZERO hits since the first inning. The offense they generated in the 8th was all due to walks. So what do we do? Start out the 9th with Ricky f***ing Vaughn throwing as hard as he can with no idea where the hell it is going. THE ONLY OFFENSE THEY CAN GENERATE IS BY DRAWING WALKS. So let's give them EXACTLY what the f***ing want. If he'd had just put someone in who could throw strikes, that would have been a 3-2 victory. I stated previously that I thought Lindstrom should have started the 9th. He is the closer(now), and he should have been given the opportunity to close the game. But again, pick your poison with this BP. it doesnt matter what brand, it is still going to hurt QUOTE (Feeky Magee @ Apr 18, 2014 -> 10:40 AM) Look I agree the bullpen is awful, but you don't then just say it doesn't matter who they throw out there. Lindstrom has a long history of being a decent reliever. Webb is clearly very good. Petricka has been decent since transitioning to a reliever (he walks too many and he doesn't walk nearly as many as Cleto). They should all obviously be better options in high-leverage situations than Cleto right now. I am really not a fan of Lindstrom at all. I dont think he is a decent reliever, i think he is very hittable and prone to coughing up leads. The faster he is out of the 9th inning discussion, the happier I will be - White Sox @ Rangers 7:05 CST - WGN