Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

Kyyle23

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by Kyyle23

  1. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 10:14 AM) What I am saying is ultimately, if Davidson busts or just is below average, a different deal may have been better, which makes the statement that even if he is below average, the deal was good not really true even if Reed is just another guy. And what I am saying is we are two months into the deal, and making statements like this and what oldsox said is shortsighted. Any hindsight trade value you are making up doesn't make a difference right now. Reed could blow out his elbow tomorrow, Davidson could never sniff the majors again, and both could become team core cornerstones. Let it play out and stop complaining already
  2. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 10:08 AM) You don't think anyone wanted Addison Reed ? I'm not the one saying they could have gotten something better
  3. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 10:05 AM) Yes, because I was responding to the post that said even if he was below average, it was a good trade. Who would have given something better? Who was the prospect?
  4. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 10:04 AM) I am still really concerned about the White Sox offense this year. Considering the changes were Garcia for Rios, Eaton for De Aza and Abreu for Konerko, De Aza and Rios were 2 of the more productive hitters last season. The Sox are going to need a lot of guys to improve and Abreu is going to have a lot of pressure to put up big numbers. The schedule is tough early, when Abreu may need some adjustment time, especially if it's cold. I read the Sox scored 2 or less runs in over 50 home games last year. This uncertainty is something you expect in a rebuild year. I'm excited to see a new team hopefully build towards something meaningful
  5. So, to summarize: If Davidson is good, we are happy. If Davidson is not good, we are not happy, because someone(we don't know who) would have given up something better for Reed.
  6. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Mar 24, 2014 -> 09:24 AM) The bottom line is if Davidson sucks, the deal wasn't worth it. It is up to him. There is some team out there that would have given up a useful piece for Reed. The White Sox felt Davidson was that piece. If he is a below average 3rd baseman, they aren't going to be happy about it. I don't think anyone is saying that they won't care if Davidson sucks. As of right now you don't know of any other player that any other team would have given up, so really that is irrelevant. If Davidson doesn't pan out and we are back to square one, of course people are going to be annoyed with the trade. However, stating "I see Reed was lights out this spring training and Davidson couldn't even beat out Gillaspie" two months after the trade is extremely shortsighted. IMO Davidson would be starting if Keppinger wasn't on the team, I don't think it has anything to do with Gillaspie.
  7. Amazing that comcast wouldn't bother fixing that feedback squeal all throughout spring training. Bulls***, I can't watch for more than a few minutes without changing the channel
  8. That ball needed to go to Early. Van Vleet was not good all game
  9. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 23, 2014 -> 01:55 PM) Nope, you've got it backwards. The greatest RF ever playing CF. And the White Sox had an attitude problem for 2/3rd's of last season...they didn't seem to care about playing the game in a fundamentally-correct way, same as Puig. The main difference was talent level/ability. The worst thing you can say about something is that you don't care about it...it's boring....apathy/malaise. That's the first time since 1983 I've completely tuned out a White Sox season after the first two or three months, with the exception of the trading deadline. At least Puig, love him or hate him, causes SOME sort of reaction from nearly everyone. If Mattingly can win his battle with the front office/organization to control Puig and if Ventura can turn around the defense/fundamentals, they both deserve major kudos. I believe you have it backwards, since all he has played is RF and last season you declared him the best centerfielder in the league
  10. Watch the debris end up being flotsam and debris from the Japanese earthquake/tsunami
  11. The greatest center fielder ever playing right field has quite an attitude problem http://m.espn.go.com/mlb/story?storyId=10658691
  12. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Mar 22, 2014 -> 12:55 PM) It's almost to the point where I'm wishing that Jimenez, Garza and Santana would go down to injury. Because if that ever happens to Chris Sale, it's going to be beaten into the ground more than any topic than the White Flag Trade. (Of course, with advances in TJ surgery and the fact that Sale's under team control through 2018, there will be others arguing he should get "pre-emptive" surgery just to get it out of the way, assuming he's going to get hurt at some point.) Lmao, wtf are you talking about Caulfield. Nobody has ever argued that here
  13. Still no idea where the plane is, or where to look.
  14. Looks like Westbrook broke again
  15. QUOTE (Eminor3rd @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 02:42 PM) THAT SOUNDS LIKE A CHALLENGE #hewhoshallnotbenamed #hewhoshallnotbesigned I know I know I know Grady Sizemore and Ervin Santana(Ubaldo also can be accepted)
  16. QUOTE (ScottyDo @ Mar 21, 2014 -> 12:11 PM) Looks pretty close to the opening day lineup (kind of depends on Beckham's oblique) POST IT NOW SCOTTYDO GEEZ
  17. All along I said that by year 3 improvements to the team and system will need to be apparent. I am not sure that will happen
  18. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:17 PM) You underestimate Bubba's mic work, he would be limited in the new era of WWE, but seeing it in person many times, that guy can flat out turn a crowd. Yea, I suppose he could.
  19. QUOTE (SoxFan562004 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 03:07 PM) D-von is already gone from TNA, but I think Bubba re-upped, if they were looking to have a team to draw heat that would have been the perfect fit. i think the Dudleys would be way over to come in as heels right off the bat. The crowd would love those two
  20. QUOTE (scs787 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:47 PM) Real Americans should have been that good heel team, but the fans love Cesaro too much....It's kinda hard to get heat now a days, seems like the only way to get heat is to be a boring wrestler. Wyatts should be getting heat but they're just too awesome to hate. I'm sure the Ascension will end up in that same category as a team pushed as heels who will ultimately end up being loved by most fans. I think people love Cesaro too much and Swagger is just too meh. Talk is to keep Ambrose and Rollins together as a tag team after the Shield disbands, they could potentially be a big heat magnet
  21. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:13 PM) Yes, the tag team division is another thing I miss. It seems like they're bringing that back a little, though. I will believe it when I see it. I thought they were on the right track with Golddust and Cody, but when they dropped to NAO I was really disappointed. Good that the Uso's have it, but they need a awesome tag team in there that draws pop or heat
  22. QUOTE (Milkman delivers @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 02:00 PM) I miss when the Intercontinental Championship meant something. It used to be the second-highest achievement in wrestling. Now it's basically the TV or European title. One of the unintended side effects of the WCW invasion angle was the percieved worth of each belt. I agree, the IC champ used to be a big deal, now it is Heavyweight/World title or nothing. The tag belts are a complete joke
  23. QUOTE (southsider2k5 @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 01:37 PM) Absolutely no one should go to his funeral. Let him go to hell in absolute silence. That is also preferable. I just think it would be nice if any nice things said about him by his family could be completely drowned out by the motorcycles that drowned out his hate at Soldier funerals
  24. QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Mar 20, 2014 -> 11:06 AM) Cust was also fat, slow, and terrible defensively. Baez plays 2B/SS and is 46 of 55 for his career in stolen bases. Baez should be a regular at the MLB level. from what I have read, Baez is pretty terrible defensively as well.
  25. every biker in the united states should show up to his funeral and rev their engines

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.