Everything posted by kev211
-
2013 Video Game Thread
Ps4 and Xbox 1 look eerily similar.
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (Chilihead90 @ Jun 10, 2013 -> 05:48 PM) Haven't heard those yet. They just announced yet another amazing trailer for WatchDogs, and then some kids games and Just Dance 4. Is there a release date for this yet? Is it launching with the new consoles?
-
Technology catch-all thread
iOS 7 looks interesting
-
2013 Video Game Thread
Man if the rumored price of 350 for the ps4 is correct it might blow the Xbone out of the water
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:49 AM) I was being somewhat facetious, but they discontinued the XBox 3 years after the release of the 360. The PSOne/PlayStation original was discontinued in 2006, 6 years after the PS2 release date; the PS2 wasn't discontinued until January of THIS YEAR, which is, again, a little more than 6 years after the inital release of the PS3. Just going through all of this, which company do you think has a better PR department? You don't want the first generation console anyways. You're going to end up spending $600-700 on it and there will be mechanical bugs like crazy. Get a second or third generation 3-4 years down the line once they've fixed most of the bugs, the system itself is more cosmetically appealing, and it's $200-400 cheaper. My launch ps3 lasted me until this spring without an issue
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ Jun 7, 2013 -> 11:12 AM) It's to the point where I am strongly considering a switch to PS4. I probably won't buy it till the second price reduction, unless f***ing Microsoft takes away XBox Live for the 360 shortly after launch too, in which case that system becomes f***ing useless. At this rate, I could see them switching off live services prior to the One even being launched. They are really, really screwing the pooch on this one. Honestly, I don't think there's any way I can go back to XBox at this point. Doubt they would do that. Judging by how much money Sony made off the PS2 after the PS3 released why would Microsoft stop producing the 360 for at least 2-3 years?
-
ARod suspended for entire 2014 season
QUOTE (Noonskadoodle @ Jun 6, 2013 -> 05:17 PM) Listening to Coach & Company show earlier & Victor Conte was saying he believes 50% of players in baseball today are still cheating. Says it's way to easy to get around. Says players take these lifesaver type things or creams after ballgames & it raises their testosterone level which brings nitrogen to the tissue & accelerates healing & recovery & by the time they show back up the next day their levels are back down. He said they need a CIR test which can detect these kind of things up to 2 weeks after & they would be busting guys left & right. Why exactly is a cream like that illegal as opposed to other creams that are not?
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (TRU @ May 22, 2013 -> 04:59 PM) I see no problem with the used game fees they are talking about.. I buy everything new anyways.. Here is my question.. you have to install all games onto your xbox1 to play them, then you dont need the disc anymore from my understanding.. so does this mean I can buy a new game, go home and install it, and then trade it in immediately for max store credit? If so, I love this idea.. The used game market is going to be dead. So there won't be anywhere to trade it in.
-
2013 Video Game Thread
QUOTE (witesoxfan @ May 7, 2013 -> 09:09 AM) OK so I forgot how many awesome sports games there were. I killed a lot of time playing both MVP 05 and 06 (the college version). Both games were just sick. The college version was just so awesome. Better then 05, that game would have been incredible if it had the mlb license. Though the show is close to what the MVP series was, I still to this day wonder what would a current MVP after 7 more years of growth would be like. Also the ping was amazing
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Athomeboy_2000 @ May 7, 2013 -> 03:16 PM) normally yes, but many stations have to power down at night to not impeed on 50,000 watt stations. Supposedly, this is WMVP's night coverage map: What exactly does this mean? Why wouldn't they be be impeding these stations during the day?
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
Suspects in custody
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
War zone in Boston right now. Huge shoot out. This is f***ing nuts. Could possibly be this shooting and the marathon are related
-
Explosions at end of Boston Marathon
If some guy walks up to me looks me in the eye and leaves his backpack there. I'm probably not sticking around that area anymore.
-
Golfing Thread
QUOTE (IlliniKrush @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 11:09 AM) Bump. Steve, I'm looking to try to hammer out this tip. When I try to follow exactly what you said, it seems awkward. I'm just raising my shoulder only? Tilting my body with it? I'm with Hurt, I have a terrible slice on every drive, irons are usually fine. I have to line up at about a 45 degree angle off the tee, and I can nail the middle of the fairway. Also got my own set of clubs for xmas this year. Nothing fancy, just a good starter set. I don't need great equipment, I'm just a rec golfer and just really starting to get into it a bit more. But it's still cool to not use my Dad's old school ones. *********** You guys ever play Top Golf? It's really fun if you haven't. And Steve it's our your way. ************ In other news, interesting news at Augusta this morning with the Tiger Woods penalty etc. I've had this problem forever. I've become really good at hitting the fairway with this trick though haha
-
High school kids vs. MJ in his prime
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 11, 2013 -> 10:43 AM) Brian Scalabrine dominated turds like this, but some are going to step to Jordan? Move along, kids are stupid. He tweeted the other day that he was sick of the 1 on 1 challenges so he'd only accept them now for 5k a game. Easy money
-
2013 MLB Catch-All thread
QUOTE (buhbuhburrrrlz @ Apr 13, 2013 -> 05:26 PM) Wow, this is just asinine Diamondbacks owner forces Dodgers fans to change clothes or move seats http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/mlb-big-leag...html#more-74437 Due to the high visibility of the home plate box, we ask opposing team's fans when they purchase those seats to refrain from wearing that team's colors. During last night's game, when Ken Kendrick noticed the fans there, he offered them another suite if they preferred to remain in their Dodger gear. When they chose to stay, he bought them all D-backs gear and a round of drinks and requested that they abide by our policy and they obliged. He handled this with class. Nothing wrong with it.
-
2012-2013 NBA thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Apr 12, 2013 -> 10:02 AM) GAMES Laughed way too hard at this
-
Game Thread Sox @ Nats (Floyd 0-1 3.00 ERA vs. Zimmerman 1-0 1.50 ERA)
I guess hawk forgot who Albert Pujols is
-
Thoughts on the Washington series
QUOTE (Cali @ Apr 8, 2013 -> 07:31 PM) I watched a lot of their games last year, when they Sox weren't playing cause they were (still are) a fun team to watch. I must say I like they're announcing team. Will probably listen to them over Hawk on MLB.TV. The Nats are my go to team on mlb.tv if the sox are not on as well. But I cannot stand their color guy.
-
2013 April White Sox Catch-All Thread
So I want to buy one of the jerseys they're wearing on Sunday this year, but mlb.com only has konerko ones. Anyone know where I can get a sale one.
-
AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WALKOFF WINNER!
I think the offense did fine today. Remember there was a lot of hits that landed just foul or rockets right at mariners players
- Pick to Click
-
State of IL Sox License Plates
QUOTE (Jake @ Apr 2, 2013 -> 09:37 PM) Want. Will be looking to get some of these ASAP. Why is it cheaper to get them when your plates are not about to expire vs near expiration? Because they don't charge you for the renewal than. When they're about to expire they charge you for the renewal as well. Either way a non personalized plate is 69 bucks. Just depends whether you need to renew at that time.
-
2013 TV Thread
Severely disappointed in the walking dead tonight. That was a whole lot of build up for absolutely nothing. Biggest cop out by the writers.
-
Brad Stephens: bring the brick and ivy to Rosemont
QUOTE (Disco72 @ Mar 31, 2013 -> 09:09 AM) Since everyone wants to play the game of throwing out their own numbers as fact, I guarantee you that the 37% is much higher than the MLB average. Anecdotally, I can say that every time I have a conference in Chicago, everyone I talk to wants to (and does) go to Wrigley; nobody is interested in seeing a Sox game. These people are not Cubs fans - Wrigley Field is a part of the 'tourist' must-sees. Without Wrigley Field, the Cubs would most certainly have to attract fans the way most other teams do - by winning. You can already see the decline in attendance with their recent bad seasons. Your guarantee is worthless. The cubs will always be the go to destination for baseball for tourist. Even if they build a new stadium. Because like you said if they're in town for business reasons and they have 3 hours to kill they're still going to want to see the cubs and their state of the art stadium over the sox.