Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

kev211

Members
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by kev211

  1. UNLV @ Redbird should be fun....I'll try to keep my blatant redbird homerism out of this thread since kjshoe is right in that we will most likely not be good.
  2. QUOTE (JoeCoolMan24 @ Aug 25, 2010 -> 06:50 PM) Please don't teach them all the stupid abbreviated expressions that people use. Like.... tl;dr (too long, didn't read) orly (oh, really?) lolwut (haha, what?) 0 cares (I don't think anyone cares) ldo (like duh, obviously) I can't stand when people say s*** like this on forums. Doesn't happen in this forum, thank god, but in another sports forum I participate in they use this all the time and it's really uneducated sounding. lawl
  3. QUOTE (Cali @ Aug 18, 2010 -> 11:35 AM) It takes the exact same amount of time to get an e-mail and post a tweet haha Unless they're talking about the time it takes to compose being too slow, but if that's the case these kids are just retarded...Sometimes 140 characters just isn't enough to complete a full thought What it means is response. I'd rather text my friends because I'll get a response within minutes(usually seconds)but if I email them I wont get an immediate response. Also with instant messaging, facebook, twitter etc.. theres no reason to use email.
  4. :(

    kev211 replied to hi8is's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    When i saw the title of this thread I knew exactly who posted it and I was right
  5. Sign me up. Just picked up my copy. kev211 but you already knew that Steve
  6. QUOTE (KipWellsFan @ Aug 11, 2010 -> 09:31 PM) Yes, please, yes! That rocks. What is he using now anyways? It's probably cool if he leaves the Outfield just for his hits. I believe he is now using Chicken Fried by the Zac Brown Band.
  7. QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 9, 2010 -> 11:13 PM) I don't think we've made up boogeymen in domes. The Twinks normally had an amazing record in that piece of s*** building, knew how to play in there, and regularly kicked our ass in there. They'd rout us or find a way to beat us in the worst possible ways. Our team sucked ass in there, but I don't think it was all mental. They beat us. They also recently beat us 3 of 4 in their new outdoor stadium. I think if we are playing well, it's a tossup every game at the Cell. I'd think if we play well we can win 2 of 3, no more than that. If we play lousy, we can easily lose 2 of 3. I can't imagine it being a sweep either way. The dome was all mental.
  8. I'll be in attendance tonight to watch Ejax dominate in his first start.
  9. http://tweetphoto.com/36705995 Haha Brent lillibridge's new pic on twitter. I'm starting to really like him.
  10. QUOTE (Jordan4life @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 12:42 PM) They're are MUCH better ways to prove that than using Jackson's win total from the last three years vs a guy with 6 career starts. That's like me saying "Hey, Ted Lilly is more proven than that Strasburg guy because he has more wins since 2007." Ted Lilly is more proven then Strasburg.
  11. QUOTE (kev211 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:29 AM) Watch him put it back together vs us. Now that I look at the box score valverde didnt even pitch Phil Coke blew it.
  12. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 01:25 AM) Ooops, I fell asleep here in Thailand and had assumed they had won. Valverde's had a rough two games in a row. He was probably one of the best three-five relievers in baseball before this weekend. Watch him put it back together vs us.
  13. QUOTE (greg775 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 12:33 AM) IMO, they kicked our ass that entire series as they usually do. Bobby didn't give them any significant mojo more than they always have. The Twins beat us 3-4 w/out Morneau. They own us. Thanks to Thome we won that playoff game which we only won because of the coin flip. If not for an alex rios dropped ball we would have destroyed them in game 1, and if not for bobby jenks we would have destroyed them in game 4. Not seeing where they outplayed us that series at all. In fact the only game they completely outplayed us in was the friday game.
  14. QUOTE (caulfield12 @ Aug 1, 2010 -> 12:20 AM) Well, let's see. Three in a row versus us, they did lose 2/3 at home to Cleveland. But then the really easy part of schedule, like we had, 3/4 from the Orioles, swept the Royals 3 in a row, then 2 in a row over the Mariners. The only thing that's disappointing is that the two best Mariners starters (Fister and Felix) didn't win at least one of those games. It will be interesting to see which Detroit team shows up to face us next week...the one from the last two weeks or the team about to sweep the Red Sox in Boston with Verlander on the bump. Boston won today(technically yesterday) so I don't see how Detroit can sweep.
  15. QUOTE (Dick Allen @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 03:01 PM) Too much cash. If they were only willing to throw $1 million now, they aren't going to want to throw a lot more than that for a shorter period of time. From my understanding they were willing to throw all but 1 million.
  16. QUOTE (Kalapse @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:48 PM) Jonathan Sanchez was seen hugging teammates in the dugout. Wasn't his name thrown out there as the possible cost for Dunn on the Giants end? Bautista and Hart too.
  17. QUOTE (MurcieOne @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:15 PM) MLB network dude just said the Sox and Nats are still talking Dunn. Nats want Jackson + Prospects. And thats Jon Heyman is anyone was wondering.
  18. QUOTE (greg775 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:00 PM) Oops, deleted my post. Thought for sure Kotsay would be in vs. a righty. Is Oz tiring of his outs? Braden is a lefty.
  19. QUOTE (justBLAZE @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:57 PM) Pierre7, Ram6, Rios8, PK3, Q dh, AJ2, Vic5, Jones9, Beckham4. Danks pitching.
  20. kev211 replied to witesoxfan's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE (T R U @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:53 AM) Does anyone else order way too much food when they have been drinking? I went through whataburger and order like $12 worth of s*** and I ate half of it and realized there was no way I could eat the rest of this stuff.. I waste way to much money on drunk food
  21. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:37 AM) And they can't afford to offer arbitration for the picks. Rizzo knows he's got to deal Dunn and he's gonna rape KW in the process. The Rays have the pieces, but they aren't gonna mortgage like Kenny will. KW wont budge if he knows Rizzo has to move him. Either way its going to be a game of chicken right up to the deadline.
  22. QUOTE (docsox24 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 02:07 AM) we have but they havent They're absolutely crazy. Do they realize that Dunn is only signed for 2 more months significantly lowering his value. I hope they keep him and he walks.
  23. QUOTE (hi8is @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:59 AM) Or they were told by the front office to talk him up big because they want to up his trade value Normally if they were planning on trading a player the FO would want Hawk and Stone to not hype them up so the fan base doesn't fall in love with them and then get angry when/if they're traded.
  24. QUOTE (bucket-of-suck @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 01:01 AM) Common knowledge. His name Is Viciedo and that's not happening. Adam LaRoche will be a White Sox tomorrow. FWIW I sat right behind the scouts tonights and the Dbacks were there, as were the reds and I'm drawing a blank on the others.
  25. QUOTE (LittleHurt05 @ Jul 31, 2010 -> 12:01 AM) Went to the game tonight and couldnt believe how bad attendance was. Under 30,000 on a Friday night, team in first place, and its mullet night!!! Kid Rock & Bon Jovi may have stolen some fans, but the upper deck should not have been 2/3 empty. The threat of rain most likely killed the walk up.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.