Everything posted by kev211
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 09:18 PM) Thought you guys would win, wasn't expecting it to be that easy. I thought we were going to lose haha, but they played their best basketball of the season tonight and have been playing great the last 3 games. Congrats on beating Indystate something we can't seem to do lately.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Wichita State 57 Illinois State 72 Final Well ISU just beat an a very solid 11-1 Wichita State team handily. Theres you non cupcake win Jimbo. Great way to start Valley play.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 29, 2009 -> 04:59 PM) So every Valley game tonight opened in Vegas as Pick 'em except the SIU game, obviously some of those spreads have changed but that's absolutely nuts none the less. Hoping for the first time this year we actually come to play for 40 minutes otherwise it might be a long night. Indiana State is much improved and even though it's a home game, I'd bet there is about a whole 12 people at the arena tonight. ISU favored by 1 . I can't wait though I don't believe I'm going to find a stream sadly.
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
Joe Mauer is on the cover..ewww
-
What message boards do you frequent?
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 04:27 PM) redbirdfan.com This. Though I don't post ever what your username?
-
Video Game Catch-All Thread
QUOTE (Steve9347 @ Dec 28, 2009 -> 10:34 AM) Those games include Uncharted, Uncharted 2, Batman: Arkham Asylum, CoD 4: Modern Warfare, etc etc. In the history of gaming, there has never been a game to completely hold someone's interest forever, it just won't happen. If you pick and choose, however, you can do fine. Yeah I still spend 2 or 3 hours a week playing Mario Kart 64 haha, but yeah other then that I can't think of many other games that last forever.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 06:47 PM) Wait, where did I say it was a success? All I'm saying is that when you come into the year without your 3 GREAT linebackers, 1 good linebacker, and your QB who went 5th overall and now you have a freshman, I'll take any bowl win. Like I said, coming into the year, I didn't expect to win the Pac-10 again with such a young team. As far as next year goes, I expect them to win the Pac-10. And wait again, when did I say it wasn't December 26? Coming into this year ranked in the top 10 you expected more. Also I read your post wrong for some reason I thought you meant you didn't expect to be a in a January bowl and you were. Thats why I pointed out the date.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (SoxFan1 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 11:40 PM) Chuck Martin to be named DB Coach at Notre Dame. Sucks for GVSU. Best of luck to him, I'm now a fan of the Fighting Irish with Kelly and Martin there. Is going from GVSU head coach to DB coach really an upgrade for him? I could see defensive coordinator.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 27, 2009 -> 10:00 AM) Going into the year with a freshman QB and no starting LB's or your first LB off the bench (all who now are starting in the NFL), I didn't expect to be back in a January bowl game. Hahaha Ya right just like Rowand said your USC this season was a failure no matter how you sugar coat it. Yesterday was also December 26th.
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 09:48 PM) I didnt really have this option today. I had to go to my moms house, so I had to shovel it once since there were about 3 inches on the driveway. When I got home there was like 4 more inches on the driveway, and my wife walked in and had to work 2 hours later, so I didnt want her to drive over the snow and press it down and make it into ice or packed snow that would be harder to get off the driveway, so I shoveled again. Plus when I was AT my moms house, I did her a favor and shoveled from the house to the end of her driveway so I could see it when I backed out, and I also had to shovel my own back porch(its a big concrete slab) so my dogs wouldnt walk 5 feet from the door and piss on the back porch. That, and Im not lazy like you I didn't realize you had that much snow too. We got like 3 inches max today.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 08:57 PM) Yeah, I'd definitely be coming back that night. I don't know anyone down there anymore. Next year I'll have my own apartment and can go to every game over break. Stupid ISU and their 2 years on campus rule.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
QUOTE (whitesoxbrian @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 10:27 PM) USC now owns the record for most bowl wins ever. Fight on. Congrats on your what was that bowl game named? victory.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Football Thread
Wow
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
QUOTE (Brian @ Dec 26, 2009 -> 05:38 PM) It's easier to do it multiple times than once when it is done. I made that mistake last year and took me forever to shovel 6 inches off my driveway. Good workout though. Snowblowers
-
Catch-All Anything Thread
I don't understand why people shovel during snow, just wait until its over and do it once.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 25, 2009 -> 05:45 AM) Either of you guys going to the game on the 3rd? If I can find someone's apartment to spend the night in I am. Stupid dorms are closed over break.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (Rowand44 @ Dec 24, 2009 -> 05:05 AM) Nice to see the Valley win the inaugural MVC-MWC challenge.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Redbirds finish up conference play 9-2, next game is next tuesday vs 11-1 Wichita State @ redbird arena. It's going to be real fun. Also tonight's(last nights technically) game was the 300th game for the redbirds at redbird arena. They are 219-81 in those 300 games.
-
Per TSN White Sox have #3 rotation in MLB
QUOTE (Thunderbolt @ Dec 22, 2009 -> 01:55 PM) I do. I'd rather have Javy then Huges or Joba. Javy is useless when it counts so no way they pass us.
-
What's your OCD?
Well after reading this thread I've realized how OCD I am I.. -The money in the wallet all in order presidents facing same way and up. -Always sleep with the door closed -Always check my pockets for wallet, keys, phone. Which I guess is nice because I've never lost any of them ever. I also have the wallet in the back right, keys front right, and phone front left always. I hate when I forget one of them at my house when I leave, and then get alarmed every time I check for a few seconds until I realize I forgot to bring it with me. -Shower every morning when I wake up, even if I'm going to be doing yard work all day. -Always press the electric keypad lock 4 or 5 times when locking my car. I used to be crazy about door locking I'd check to see if something was locked even if I just did it 2 minutes ago and knew it was locked. For some reason though I stopped doing that. I'm assuming I do a lot more things that I don't realize I do until someone points them out.
-
What Century Do You Live In?
I thought the amount of people who still use an N64 would be higher, definitely still use mine as much if not more then my ps3.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
Wichita State beats Texas Tech. ITS A MIRACLE THE VALLEY HAS NO RIGHT WINNING THIS GAME!!! MAN I CAN'T BELIEVE IT OUR TOP TEAMS CANT EVEN HANG WITH THE s***TY BIG TEN TEAMS!!! Valley
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (fathom @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 08:32 PM) What happened? SIU won by 2 on some amazing comeback I think I don't know how big, but I remember looking at the score and SIU was down fairly big.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 07:26 PM) Kellen Thornton 2-2 from beyond the arc. Nice to see him getting some shots to fall. I was getting sick of watching them stand around and shoot contested threes all game and I think Jank was too. I didn't watch the game but hopefully we stepped up our transition defense. That's where Niagara and Ohio killed us.
-
Official 2009-2010 NCAA Basketball Thread
QUOTE (kjshoe04 @ Dec 19, 2009 -> 07:12 PM) Seriously this win was huge to get some confidence back before conference play. We shot 8 3 pointers too so hopefully we're getting away from the shoot the 3 all day and hope good things happen mentality.