Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. The White Sox are not making moves to send a message to Kopech. The only message they are sending is that they thinking they can win it this year, and they aren't going to hold back from trying.
  2. That is a two way street. No is going to roll over for your opinion because it hurts your feelings.
  3. TA getting a well deserved day off.
  4. I was thinking of Andrew Miller where he can be used anywhere between the 5th and 9th innings as needed to get the extra tough outs, especially lefties.
  5. Unless something awful happens, the expectation that he will need his options is probably unneeded.
  6. Yes. A typical season consists of 172 days. If you are on the roster 162 of 172 days, you have a "year" of service. if you have 161 or less, you don't have a year. Since we are starting counting today, assuming he is on the roster all year next year, he will end up with something like a year and 10 days, so we would need to keep him down 11 days, plus the amount of days he serves this year times 2.7 to adjust for 2020 service time, to get him under the magic number key up a "year" of service. Of course that assumes a normal season next year FWIW.
  7. I don't think it is any exaggeration to say that with every extra round the Sox advance in the playoffs will mean a bigger spend to have in the off season.
  8. Getting Bummer back for the playoffs will be huge if he is really healthy and ready to go.
  9. Technically he could an injury replacement, I believe.
  10. Baseball isn't an easy sport, especially for pitchers. You see them talk about an acceptable amount of aches and pains on a regular basis. My guess is this is a way of letting him get rid of some aches that he would normally pitch through, but with a playoff spot clinched they are getting him as ready as possible for the playoffs.
  11. It is more important for the team to be aligned, healthy, rested, and ready to go for the playoffs than it is to win the division.
  12. Now that would be a cool idea. They have all of the empty parking lots. Set them up for like every other spot and let people go to town.
  13. No, I think you have turned professional athletes into some sort of idols who are on a level above everyone else. These are regular people we are talking about underneath all of that athletic talent. They have the same family issues and mental states as every other person on the planet.
  14. I mean this is great and all, but doing something in sports doesn't automatically make it more of a religious experience than anyone else's jobs. I know there is an egoistic aspect to all of us, but being able to throw a baseball doesn't you somehow better than everyone else. I work in a highly specialized industry where there are only 6 of us in our company so we are pretty much responsible for everything between the six of us. I make a lot of money to pull down these responsibilities as do the people I work with. Literally none of us could be replaced in a short period of time because our specialized knowledge and abilities are almost irreplaceable. The work I do is VITAL to companies with billions and billions of dollars of net capital and banks with trillions of dollars of holdings. That said, if one of my co-workers needs to walk away, I am not going to hold it against them and treat them like they owe me or the company something. They don't. In fact, I had a workmate suffer an illness which literally killed him for about 30 seconds before they brought him back to life. Did I hold it against him when he needed to walk away from a stressful job just because of his health and his family's well-being? Even though we were deep into some high level situations with millions of dollars on the line? Even though it meant a shitstorm for myself professionally? Hell no. I love my friend. I am happy to see him doing better in his life, and in a spot with a lot less stress. HE didn't owe me or the company anything. He owed himself and his family, and that is it. No one owes their well-being to anyone outside of themselves. I don't care what sort of artificial BS people want to build up around the job that Kopech does for a living, he owes himself, and that is it.
  15. I don't think they really threw him in as much as the Sox demanded him and wouldn't do a deal otherwise. There were also decent rumors about the Brewers having interest, which could have also pushed them to put Cease in the deal.
  16. I was under the impression that bars weren't really open, is that no longer true?
  17. I don't think there is any question that he has the best pure stuff and ceiling in the organization, and before he was hurt, he was quickly narrowing the gap between ceiling and ability. I think Kopech might actually be the most interesting story of this off season. If the free agent market isn't what the Sox want, could this be a guy the Sox sacrifices with guys like Stiever, Dunning, and Cease seemingly moving ahead of him for this time being?
  18. This needs to be read again by some.
  19. Yep. I would hope that his teammates would understand a guy going through things just like any other friend or person you work with. Support them, take care of them, build them back up.
  20. Even Dunning who was in a formal camp was still ramping up when we called him up. The lack of a spring training and organized MiLB screwed everything up to start with. Kopech opting out added to that.
  21. Not in this line up. Turning over the order, seeing some pitches, distracting pitchers on the basepaths and playing good defense give a different stress to the other team than anyone else on the team causes.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.