Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Yeah, I mean I don't want a deal like this to happen except under ideal circumstances, but you would have to mix and match guys from the shorter time line and the longer time line if you were going to trade multiple pitchers. But like I said, short of getting a long term guy that is a top flight starter, I would rather roll with these guys than mortgage the farm at this point.
  2. This changed from the intial discussions. Originally it was ONLY guys on the 60 man roster, period.
  3. Everything that has come up with his name has gone insane in value.
  4. Wow. I watch the Sox auctions on a regular basis, and this is unreal. https://whitesox.auctions.mlb.com/iSynApp/auctionDisplay.action?sid=1102381&auctionId=3298664&pgmode1=teamsearch&pgcust1=&qt[0].type=fieldmatch&qt[0].name=*&qt[0].value1=*
  5. Fulmer would fall under the part where he had a ton of problems.
  6. Oh it is 100% clear that if we went after Bauer, Cooper would have to be on board.
  7. This. They have always seemed like if it worked, they don't feel the need to change it. I think it would be especially so for a guy coming in from the outside who has already had success doing it a certain way. This isn't a Walt Hriniak type of thing where they are trying to make robots.
  8. I have never gotten the impression that the Sox look to change pitchers until they either need or want changing.
  9. Because Chris Sale didn't have a meltdown when the Sox wanted to use him in the pen, or when they asked him to wear a jersey he didn't like?
  10. These are the exact things that our pitchers, and especially the ones coming through the minors are talking about.
  11. If Chris Sale worked just fine with Don Cooper, why can't Trever Bauer?
  12. This from the franchise that has the Pirates their division.
  13. And this is exactly how you know the federal government doesn't care about you living or dying. It is taking outside organizations pushing for testing to create meaningful numbers.
  14. Today's off day update: Sox up to 4th in playoff odds percentage in FG at 98.3%. They trail only Minnesota.Cleveland, and Tampa. 97.2% in BRef, still 7th overall.
  15. I wouldn't give up assets for him, but I would be willing to bring him back in a Gio Gonzalez role for sure.
  16. Our best hitter? With a batting champion, multiple time silver slugger, plus Eloy and Robert that is a big ask.
  17. 38 different players names if I didn't double count anything.
  18. Sox are 9-1 in their last 10 games, out homering the opposition 32-4 during that time frame.
  19. Madrigal and Anderson are going to be the guys that bring a lot of consistency and balance to a line up full of boom or bust guys.
  20. I'd trade Mendick before I'd trade Madrigal. Unless Madrigal is getting me someone like DeGrom with years of control, pass.
  21. Wow, looked like Abreu got jammed and still hit that out.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.