Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. If Eloy is in RF, sure. If not, play Palka in RF until forced to do otherwise.
  2. I know people want to be upset, but this is a pretty straightforward thing here.
  3. And not "would do", does. I put a list earlier in this thread just for the record. This is what MLB's most successful franchises do.
  4. Or that is what the Germans would have you believe.
  5. Its common sense to be honest. You can either burn your bridges or you can have access to the information necessary to do your job. I know there are a lot of internet warriors here, but I am guessing most of the same people aren't burning their employer in a public setting either.
  6. I am more concerned with prematurely quitting on a potentially talented player 2 years into a rebuild.
  7. His highest value would be in RF. But to me it would depend on where you want to slot Eloy, and then work from there.
  8. From what I saw it is way too early to say that. His defense definitely improved as the season went on. Now the Sox might know something that we don't about him which tells them differently, but from my point of view, I want him in the OF unless Bryce himself walks through the door.l
  9. For my two cents, it depends what the scouting thinks of Palka. If they really think there is a chance his bat could play and his D could catch up, I want him playing. If they think he is a dude that will either get exploited, or will never play a position, I don't care about him.
  10. Dude, relax. It is the 4th game of spring training. No is buying playoff tickets yet. We get it.
  11. Also this. It would make zero sense to have wasted the two months they could have had him up last year if they were going to call him up April 1 this year.
  12. Harper or bust. So, bust.
  13. Hey great, that means they notice that all teams do it, and there would be no where left for them to sign if they avoided all of the teams that do it.
  14. There is a laundry list of teams that have done it. Cubs-Bryant Jays- Vlad Jr. Braves-Acuna Nats-Harper Twins-Buxton Astros-Springer The White Sox would be stupid to give away that year.
  15. We should compound the Machado mistake by giving away a year of Eloy.... Uh, no. Hold him down until May 1, so it looks good, and then call him up like every other organization in MLB would do.
  16. According to Nightengale, there are three teams left standing, and the White Sox are NOT one of them. It is Philly, SF, and LAD. CWS and SD are out.
  17. Be that as it may, I do see a difference in the aggressiveness level since Rick took over. They are much more willing to wait out things. In some cases it has been good, such as the Q deal, and in the case of Machado, well, anyway.
  18. Honestly, a situation like this is where I miss Kenny as GM. His aggressiveness got stuff done. Right or wrong, well it got done.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.