Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Minaya and Rondon, just the way we drew it up.
  2. Was HBP, stayed in and stole 2nd, but exited on s double switch in the bottom of the next inning.
  3. greg775 has been marked Safe from Second Civil War.
  4. Someone tell Benetti that you can't have 9 QUADrants.
  5. These two posts back to back... Though I will say if he really is putting on a show out there, he still has some growing up to do. He will hurt himself a lot if he is showing up umps.
  6. He he great footwork, range, and hands. That makes up some for the arm, but he has more of a middle infield arm vs 3B.
  7. I don't know that I have ever seen someone more jealous of someone else's success.
  8. Sweet, Really nice work by the Sox bringing in this class.
  9. The bullpen has been league average or better by every measure. They are currently 9th in MLB in team war from relievers.
  10. The players in the Cubs system didn't just start with Theo. Perfect example is that Altuve was drafted long before the rebuild started.
  11. What that tells me is that if someone like Giolito needed to go down, Roach would NOT have been the next guy up. If he had, I am sure he would have stuck around.
  12. I think the thrust of the article is that the public timeline wasn't created by the Sox. It was created by people on the outside attempting to project their own timeline. I can't recall ever having see the White Sox themselves issue a timeline for things publicly.
  13. Does that fit into our slot value?
  14. More than anything it would depend on who is available, and their costs. I don't think the Sox should pass up pieces that could be fits if they are going to be bargains. At worst they can always be moved for surplus value in the future.
  15. You seem to be ignoring a key portion of what happened in each franchise to make a point, or at the very least WAY over simplifying it.
  16. The Astros were below .500 for every season between 2009 and 2014, including 3 straight seasons for losing more than 100 games. The Cubs were below .500 for every season between 2010 and 2014, including 3 straight seasons of 90 or more losses. The Braves spent 4 seasons under .500, including 3 straight years of 90 or more losses. The Phillies were below .500 for every season between 2013 and 2017, with at least 89 losses in all of them, but 90 or more losses for three straight years. Your premise is wrong.
  17. The Phillies and Braves haven't won anything yet. The Astros and Cubs also needed more than 3 years to win something.
  18. Have you been paying attention? There have been multiple stories about late night sessions and additional focus on specific items with specific players in the news this year. Just the other day there was an article about coaches working with Moncada on things, for example.
  19. You can have the greatest coaching staff in the world, but having a team full of young players will make anyone look bad. We know the message they are getting, even if it isn't being carried out.
  20. Just what the AZ team needs, another SS, lol.
  21. Yeah, we started with a 1-1 count too.
  22. Dear Soxtalk: I fear this war will tear us apart more than we already are. I was forced into the Clinton Battalion, and they march us daily through horrible conditions lacking wifi and gluten-free cheese, but it is all worth the cause and all of the medical marijuana we can smoke. I only hope our selfie sticks can outmaneuver their AR-15s and tanks, but we will fight through to the bitter end, or at least until The View starts. I only pray I am not conscripted to defend Canada against the future invasion.
  23. I think his range is very good, the arm is the one thing that scares me over there. I don't think it is even league average for 3B. It is enough to play there as needed, but I wouldn't call it a typical 3B arm either.
  24. Luis Robert better watch out. Gonzalez is probably already going to beat him to the majors. If he gets there first, he might not give up the CF job.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.