southsider2k5
Admin
-
Joined
-
Last visited
-
Currently
Viewing Forum: Pale Hose Talk
Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
7/5/18 Sox @ Astros 7:10 PM
Minaya and Rondon, just the way we drew it up.
-
Tim Anderson leaves game
Was HBP, stayed in and stole 2nd, but exited on s double switch in the bottom of the next inning.
-
Second Civil War
greg775 has been marked Safe from Second Civil War.
-
7/5/18 Sox @ Astros 7:10 PM
Someone tell Benetti that you can't have 9 QUADrants.
- 7-5 Games
-
Trade Deadline
He he great footwork, range, and hands. That makes up some for the arm, but he has more of a middle infield arm vs 3B.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
I don't know that I have ever seen someone more jealous of someone else's success.
-
2018 White Sox draft picks and signings thread
Sweet, Really nice work by the Sox bringing in this class.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
The bullpen has been league average or better by every measure. They are currently 9th in MLB in team war from relievers.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
The players in the Cubs system didn't just start with Theo. Perfect example is that Altuve was drafted long before the rebuild started.
-
2018 MiLB White Sox news and notes
What that tells me is that if someone like Giolito needed to go down, Roach would NOT have been the next guy up. If he had, I am sure he would have stuck around.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
I think the thrust of the article is that the public timeline wasn't created by the Sox. It was created by people on the outside attempting to project their own timeline. I can't recall ever having see the White Sox themselves issue a timeline for things publicly.
-
Sox sign Madrigal at full slot value
Does that fit into our slot value?
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
More than anything it would depend on who is available, and their costs. I don't think the Sox should pass up pieces that could be fits if they are going to be bargains. At worst they can always be moved for surplus value in the future.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
You seem to be ignoring a key portion of what happened in each franchise to make a point, or at the very least WAY over simplifying it.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
The Astros were below .500 for every season between 2009 and 2014, including 3 straight seasons for losing more than 100 games. The Cubs were below .500 for every season between 2010 and 2014, including 3 straight seasons of 90 or more losses. The Braves spent 4 seasons under .500, including 3 straight years of 90 or more losses. The Phillies were below .500 for every season between 2013 and 2017, with at least 89 losses in all of them, but 90 or more losses for three straight years. Your premise is wrong.
-
Irrational fondness of a player who completely sucks
This was not irrational.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
The Phillies and Braves haven't won anything yet. The Astros and Cubs also needed more than 3 years to win something.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
Have you been paying attention? There have been multiple stories about late night sessions and additional focus on specific items with specific players in the news this year. Just the other day there was an article about coaches working with Moncada on things, for example.
-
KW on the state of the rebuild
You can have the greatest coaching staff in the world, but having a team full of young players will make anyone look bad. We know the message they are getting, even if it isn't being carried out.
-
Sox sign Madrigal at full slot value
Just what the AZ team needs, another SS, lol.
-
Rec League softball
Yeah, we started with a 1-1 count too.
-
Second Civil War
Dear Soxtalk: I fear this war will tear us apart more than we already are. I was forced into the Clinton Battalion, and they march us daily through horrible conditions lacking wifi and gluten-free cheese, but it is all worth the cause and all of the medical marijuana we can smoke. I only hope our selfie sticks can outmaneuver their AR-15s and tanks, but we will fight through to the bitter end, or at least until The View starts. I only pray I am not conscripted to defend Canada against the future invasion.
-
Trade Deadline
I think his range is very good, the arm is the one thing that scares me over there. I don't think it is even league average for 3B. It is enough to play there as needed, but I wouldn't call it a typical 3B arm either.
-
Luis Gonzalez Appreciation Thread
Luis Robert better watch out. Gonzalez is probably already going to beat him to the majors. If he gets there first, he might not give up the CF job.