Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:20 PM) How many are there if you took only the PA Of the position players with the most games played? That is what qualifying means. They have at least 3.1 AB/G which is the BA qualification standard. It means that somewhere around 40% of the guys who have played the most in MLB this season meet your "minimum" standard.
  2. QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:34 PM) HAHAHAHAHAHAHA! Yes, that’s what good, ‘ol “Jerry and Eddie” were guilty of back in the golden age of “SportsVision” - being “ahead of their time”. On the contrary - they were guilty of being complete dunderheads in understanding the marketplace in front of them in those days with 150 free games of the Cubs in the same town (hosted by Harry Caray, no less!). Yeah, baseball on cable networks really turned out to be a complete failure.
  3. QUOTE (michelangelosmonkey @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:30 PM) I also think its time to point out that Fernando Tatis Jr, after 100 at bats in AA (2017/18) is hitting under .240, with 31 strikeouts, three walks and seven errors. Can we finally concede he's a total bust? I think the rebuild is much easier when we can draw long term conclusions after a couple of dozen games. No wonder his name has barely been mentioned in the last three weeks.
  4. QUOTE (WBWSF @ Apr 18, 2018 -> 09:00 AM) JR has said numerous times that the franchise has always been more profitable with low payrolls/losing teams. Low payroll and losing teams are not the same thing.
  5. QUOTE (Thad Bosley @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:05 PM) Not to be confused with the incessant whining by an apparently uninformed, yet overzealous mod, about anyone, ANYONE, who dares to call into question the horrific record of the owner. News Flash: mods and admins are allowed to have opinions different than yours, and you don't have to get hurt feelings and hold grudges because of it.
  6. QUOTE (Jack Parkman @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 03:14 PM) I also see a .340 OBP as also a minimum level of competence. Outs=baseball currency. Use them wisely. I'd like my hitters to have at least a .350 obp if I was running a team. On a team basis, there are only 4 teams in all of baseball that have a .340 OBP or higher. There are only 82 qualifying players in all of baseball with a .340 OBP or higher, out of 192 players.
  7. QUOTE (Joshua Strong @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 01:30 PM) Sometimes teams will move a player to the OF so that they can focus more on their bat, Bryce Harper is the most famous example as he was a catcher before he was drafted. But... I think Moncada plays a really good 2B but still has a lot of room to improve. Plus if you move Moncada to the OF, who’s playing second? I think Moncada will be fine. As Rick Hahn says, development isn’t linear and this year is all about the young guys getting used to and establishing themselves at the ML level. Harper is an OF because he wasn't good enough to catch. Moncada is plenty good enough to play 2B, even at a high level.
  8. Why would Hansen working out with Rodon be a bad thing? Hell, if they were rehabbing together, I think that would be wonderful. Who better to mentor Hansen than a professional pitcher with a ceiling like that?
  9. I thought that you had a pay an attorney to be considered a client? (barring obvious pro bono work) Am I wrong about that?
  10. Ever since he hit the 500 foot homer in Toronto his swing has looked pretty pull heavy to me. Though I will say, Avi, just like most of the team, hit much better before they got into the ridiculous run of cold and wet weather.
  11. QUOTE (bmags @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:41 AM) Yeah this looks correct, though I'll say I'd be fine with Leury back in CF full time. Even before the Cordell injury I would have bet on Leury being next up on the CF list.
  12. QUOTE (Footlongcomiskeydog @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 11:13 AM) I thought this kid was supposed to be a can't miss prospect? Rick Hahn should be handed his walking papers if Moncada is back in a Knights uniform this year. Moncada has nothing left to learn in AAA. Let's see if he is/was all hype or if he is ready to rumble with the big boys. This might be a hot take, but Benetendi was more of a "can't miss" than Moncada. Moncada has always been a really raw player. Benetendi had less holes in his game.
  13. Nice to see so many guys off to good starts.
  14. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 09:20 AM) Yeah, I still think they will be low-70s. I said 69 coming into this season, but something between the 68 to 72 range still makes sense to me. They will be streaky. They will have times like this where it looks like a rookie ball team, and there will be stretches like September where they look competitive. They are young, not only will individuals be up and down, but the team will as well.
  15. QUOTE (KyYlE23 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 10:36 AM) Pretty incredible how little national play that got. I vaguely remember it, but after watching it I can only say this would be like if Waco happened and you only found out about it from a documentary 30 years later What is it about? I haven't heard of the show.
  16. QUOTE (soxfan2014 @ Apr 17, 2018 -> 08:57 AM) I remember reading comments from people that thought they would be competitive this year and thought the people who were skeptical were crazy I am probably one of the biggest skeptics left, and I will even flat out say the team we have seen through the beginning of this season isn't the real team. They are off to a bad start, but this team isn't THIS bad. This is not a 50 something win team.
  17. Finally. Now the winning streak can start.
  18. Toronto Blue Jays?Verified account @BlueJays 40m40 minutes ago Tonight’s game has been cancelled due to inclement weather causing damage to our roof. We apologize to our fans for this inconvenience. Further info for those with purchased tickets to the game will be shared shortly. Tomorrow’s game will be a 3:07 p.m. traditional doubleheader
  19. It would be really interesting to see how much separation there is in their draft grades on certain guys and if they are considering an under cap pick versus an at the cap pick. Hostetler spent a lot of time talking about how deep the draft is and how guys WILL fall. If they free up some cash with the first pick, that could set them up to pick a person sliding with their second or third picks.
  20. MLB Daily Dish?Verified account @mlbdailydish Pirates infielder Josh Harrison will miss six weeks after being diagnosed with a broken hand:
  21. Dan Szymborski?Verified account @DSzymborski 31m31 minutes ago There have been 22 games this year with a gametime temperature under 40 degrees. There were only 25 games under 40 degrees the previous four seasons (2014-2017).
  22. QUOTE (NorthSideSox72 @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 03:12 PM) He's on the DL. Again. Other than that I don't know, but our AZ correspondent will be checking on Extended ST this week and I will ask her to look for him. Thanks for the update.
  23. Any word on where Victor Diaz is or what his condition is? I can't recall hearing his name at all this spring.
  24. QUOTE (Lillian @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 02:35 PM) Let's not forget about Basabe. The Sale trade could well have netted us 3 starting and significant contributing pieces to the contending years, on the horizon. Not only that, but they could be contributors at key positions; a middle infielder and lead off hitter, a centerfielder and top of the rotation starter. That would be a very successful deal. I wonder who is really more suitable as a centerfielder, between Robert and Basabe. It appears that they are both true centerfielders, who possess all of the tools to play there. I'm guessing that the 2020 outfield will consist of Robert, Eloy and Basabe, with Adolfo a close 4TH. What intrigues me about Basabe is that he appears to be a 5 tool, switch hitter, who is a legitimate centerfielder. That makes his success potentially more impactful than a player like Adolfo, who profiles more as a slugger. Adolfo's arm in RF and Robert and Basabe patrolling CF and LF, would comprise a very good defensive outfield. Who knows, maybe Eloy will end up at first base. And while he hasn't done much so far, we still have a guy like Victor Diaz floating in the system too as the 4th piece of that deal. He is a guy who can push 100mph out of the pen.
  25. QUOTE (TaylorStSox @ Apr 16, 2018 -> 01:46 PM) Good to know you're okay with your 2nd baseman playing good defense while getting on base at a .380 clip and hitting a "ton of homers." That is basically Robinson Cano, with a bit better OBP, and a bit worse hitting.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.