Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So exactly a year to the date of our huge storm last year that brought us 106 mph winds, we got another storm, but it only brought us 86 mph winds. Last year we lost power for 50 hours, so far this year we are at 28 and counting. Thank God Soxtalk still works at the in-laws.
  2. Happy birthday AD
  3. Happy Belated Tony
  4. Ah, buy a windbreaker and deal with it (HA!)
  5. Damn if that is the way that they play when Tromblay gets an extention...
  6. You forgot things like "Is this the account number?" "What is a routing number? "Is this your current address?" GRRRRRRRR
  7. Every injury and every hit by Jerry Owens is another nail in Pods/Chicago coffin.
  8. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 21, 2007 -> 06:35 PM) Except of course...Medicare already runs with dramatically less than the overhead that we see with private insurers in almost any way you look at it. So will expanding the program by a big mulitple of people is going to make sure that it still runs that way?
  9. Welcome to public campaigns, over regulated-style.
  10. So I found something that annoys me more than people who write checks at stores still.... F@#$ing clerks who have no idea how to process a check
  11. I won't argue with it being rainy up here... Its the 100+ mph sustained winds that I am glad to be without.
  12. You can always come back up here... I can honestly say I don't remember the last Hurricane that almost hit Chicago
  13. Its about in line with what is expected of Thomas anymore. He isn't going to be putting up the sexy batting averages anymore, but he will hit some homers, and take some walks.
  14. QUOTE(shoota @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 07:28 PM) I still rather watch my last place Sox than preseason Bears. NO doubt. A bad Sox game is always better than a good football game.
  15. QUOTE(The Critic @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 12:49 AM) I'd try for "paralysis from the neck up", but they could cite a pre-existing condition. I'll testify for 50% of the pain and suffering award
  16. I know everyone has gotten this draft fantasy into their heads, and you all should quit wasting your time, I think. There is one falacy that needs to go away, like yesterday, and that is the Sox being big spenders in the draft. The whole world knows that Bud Selig and Jerry Reinsdorf are on the same sides of things in this game. If Bud wants money set by draft slots, JR is going to see that it happens. We are not going to be a team that gives big money out of position. Heck odds are if it has been instituted as a policy by MLB, it could have originated with JR himself. Also we know what the Sox history is with drafting and developing thier own players. They don't do it well. Its like asking Jim Thome to sacrfice bunt. They don't do it, so why expect it? They do much better at scouting other teams minor league players, and selling their own players when they think the time is right. The Sox record is much better at raiding other systems, than producing anything on their own. Lets face it, we aren't the Twins. We don't pull amazing players out of our minor league system. We do an amazing job at finding players that other teams undervalue or give up on. Kenny has pulled some amazing years out of no where from players everyone was convinced would flop. I trust him more in that regard, than I do for any player we draft. IF we are going to go into a moderate rebuilding, it isn't going to be from our own draftees.
  17. I hope you are right!
  18. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 06:09 PM) I've been all for trading him since the beginning of the season. Removing both Garland and Contreras from the payroll would allow for some very nice financial flexibility come this offseason. Who are your starting 5 next year in that situation? You might get something for Garland, not so much for Contreras.
  19. I don't know if anyone has really noticed, but Garland has been as bad, or worse than, Jose Contreras over the last couple of months. Should we be thinking about dumping both Contreras and Garland after this season? Or maybe keeping Contreras and dealing Garland, as he would be a FA after 2008 anyway? Maybe in hindsite should we have taken the Astros deal without Hunter Pence, and kept McCarthy? Thoughts?
  20. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Aug 20, 2007 -> 05:46 PM) If he hadn't had the injury issue, I'd have probably agreed with you, and I probably wouldn't have a problem with him coming back. But unfortunately, he did get hurt, he has come back according to many reports looking absolutely terrible, and it seems he's made little progress in dealing with the issues even he admitted he had with his swing during his first stint with the big league club. Sweeney may well finally be "ready" sometime next season. But I can't fathom how we could say he's ready now, nor can I say with any confidence that he should have a spot opened for him in the offseason. He has to clearly take another step forwards from this season's numbers before we give him a full time shot. The injury to Sweeney couldn't have come at a worse time for him. he could very well be getting an on the job audition if he doesn't hurt himself. Instead he has given guys like Fields (in LF at least) and Owens the chance pass him on the depth chart in the OF.
  21. QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 19, 2007 -> 09:26 PM) If Moore doesn't make that film, no one would give two s***s about their health care system. What other third world s*** holes should candidates know about in regards to their health care systems? Peru? Guatemala? Find another thing, this one ain't got legs. You lost me right about here... There have been plenty of people who have picked and choosed the good things about Cuba as reasons we should drop the embargo, and their health care system is always one of them. I have heard plenty of univeral health care advocates point to Cuba, Canada, and lots of the Scandanavian countries as well sited examples.
  22. It makes sense as a free extended audition for 2008, if it is true.
  23. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Aug 18, 2007 -> 10:18 PM) why the f*** am is on soxtalk righ tnow i should righlty been bangin jason gages familu all of em His sister is kind of busy right now... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=60668
  24. southsider2k5 replied to Heads22's topic in SLaM
    Drunken threads never grow old.
  25. Only if he gives the Sox a nice discount on both dollars and years...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.