Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 02:30 PM) We're talking the same position with players. There really isn't much of a difference between the Padres, Reds, and Marlins. And I should be clearer. Did the company make you an offer? Did you tell them, oh no, pay me less? Two different companies. One offered me a good deal more money, and I turned them down for the smaller paycheck, and better company.
  2. Aw, you guys are the greatest, no matter what Gage saids about you! Thanks
  3. QUOTE(Texsox @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 01:21 PM) The Amazing Boras. Anyone that looks into his eyes immediatly loses all control and starts throwing money around. All Boras has to do is ask for $100,000,000 and teams will rush to see who can pay it. Too bad we can't send him around the world to solve all the worlds problems. Boras attracts the best talent and the best talent signs the biggest contracts. Anyone here who thinks they would sign for less and turn down more money is lying. Am I a liar? I turned down another company, with a higher salary, to take the job I have now, because the other company (for lack of a longer explanation) sucked.
  4. CNBC. Even when I am at home, I can't not watch it.... Well except when Cramer or Orman are on.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:30 AM) I made money off of the United Way this year.... gave $75 and won $100 through a drawing You realize that your supposed to donate your winning back right? QUOTE(Soxy @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:29 AM) As the owner of a couple of abandoned/unwanted animals, I always give to my local Humane Society. I give to my cat shelter (usually supplies) my YMCA a local youth group I help out with
  6. QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 09:14 AM) Hey, we wouldnt want them anyway .... This party isnt for everyone. There will be cold beer, lots of fun, lots of Sox fans talking Sox baseball, Live Music. Admittedly, some arent into this kind of stuff I will say these guys are a fun group to tailgate and party with. Consider that the official southsider endorsement
  7. Sox4lifeinPA and the Friends of PA
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    I am a big fan of giving locally. My families money stays right in MC, and goes to organizations I see at work everyday.
  9. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 07:58 AM) why is it green? Its not totally. Its a part of the adornments at the top of the building
  10. QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 07:56 AM) what is the picture of? it looks like Godzilla in drag eating US Cellular field... The Chicago public library downtown at State and Van Buren.
  11. Feel free to referenence your blog in your posts here. You can also put it in your signature if you want. As we figure it, we are all Sox fans here, so we want people to share quality sites with each other, and give props to them.
  12. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Dec 12, 2006 -> 07:35 AM) I try to be polite with a quick "No, sorry" and then hang up. You do know that there are scams out there where they pose as a telemarketer and get you to talk to them, while they record the conversation. Then they take the snippets out of the conversation such as you saying "yeah" or "yes" and turn it into a recorded conversation of you agreeing to a bunch of their crap, and thereby gaining access to your money and crap. I've seen numerous specials on these things, and that is why you are told to answer as quickly as possible and never to use the words "yes" or any other agreeable term. The only ones I am somewhat rude to are the police fundraising drives they do about this time of year. But then I am only rude to them because they are never courteous to me, and are always a pain to get off the phone with. Ask them what percentage of their donations goes directly to your local police department. That'll shut them up.
  13. The sky behind that pic is incredible. Congrats on the publishing.
  14. QUOTE(Steff @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 07:54 PM) We got a group from the tailgate doing it if you want to join in I'll see if there is room. That'd be awesome.
  15. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 03:41 PM) Actually there is. He could be the 2006 Bonne Logan or 2004 Mike Jackson where he has an impressive spring, and stinks it up when the games start counting. Gosox05, the comparison to Jenks isn't good enough. Hernandez has nowhere near the stuff that Jenks does. Bobby has top of the rotation stuff, not Hernandez like it was previously (incorrectly) mentioned. There is the same risk from any of our starters, or relievers for that matter. We could have a starter have a horrible start and struggle to get his era under 5 all year, or we could have a starter completely pitch like crap all year, until the last couple months of the season.... Should we not bring back Vazquez and Garland too?
  16. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 07:48 PM) I want to start getting involved with stocks, but don't know where to start. should I pick and stick with someone online? Is it possible for me to do anything if I don't have access to my stocks because I'm at work from 6:30-3:00? All I have to say is Frozen.Concentrated.Orange.Juice. But seriously.... I agree with the sentiment of going the route of a mutual fund. If you are seriously interested in trading in individual stocks, there is one rule of thumb which I suggest to everyone, and that is make sure this is money you won't miss if you lose it all. If it is something that will hurt you if you lose it, don't invest it in individual stocks. Mutual funds aren't sexy, but they are steady. My favorite thing to recommend is the index funds that mirror stuff like the Dow Jones or the S&P because they are easy to track, and out preform the rest of the funds and traders almost everytime. If you have anymore questions, let me know, I have been around this stuff for eight years now.
  17. Interesing follow up on what the situation is like inside of Iran. One of the articles I read a while back compared Ahmadinejad to Bill Clinton as being much more popular outside of his own country, and being very polarizing inside of it. It sounds like there might be something to that. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/12/11/0...7.ypfkzp5b.html
  18. Whatever happened to Esperanto?
  19. Wow, Bondra is a Hawk. If he has anything in the tank, the PP just got a whole hell of a lot better.
  20. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Dec 11, 2006 -> 12:17 PM) I don't much care for the guy anymore, but hey, to each his own I suppose. Ah, you're just mad he thought you were Alex E.
  21. Darren Dreifort saids ROTLMFAO!
  22. Damn I wish I had the money to do this... Silly baby wants to eat though...
  23. Its gonna be really hard to not laugh at people while walking down the street now...
  24. Thanks for the memories Freddy The thing that sucks is that the guy is primed for a big 07, and we'll never hear the end about how stupid this trade was, no matter if it actually was stupid or not.
  25. QUOTE(santo=dorf @ Dec 8, 2006 -> 05:12 PM) Ok, I see a lower ERA, but the WHIP is still not impressive, and he still walked a fair amount of guys and struck out nobody, and if numbers have been affected since recovering from 2003, what makes you think he could turn it around? Based on getting past the numbers and watching him pitch, there was something there. Maybe the surgery altered that forever, but there is no harm in giving him an incentive laced contract and bringing him to camp.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.