Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(fathom @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 02:32 PM) I'm just saying what I heard....Hill's finish last year has raised his stock a ton again. I think it's safe to say that 2007 is a huge year for both of them though. If I had to choose one of them to be on my team, I'm not sure who I would take. I hate to say it, but probably Hill for the simple fact he is a lefty. (well that and if he wasn't on the Cubs. Their pitcher development has been pretty scary)
  2. I don't know who was feeding Murtha information that he was winning, but he got beat pretty soundly by Hoyer for the #2 job, 149-86.
  3. QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 02:24 PM) How would that work? Would we only get to vote in one primary? Or could we vote in all of them? My suggestion, because of the amount of people running, would be strawpolls to eliminate people at a few different stages... I think if we broke up people into parties it would be a more difficult fit as very few fit into Democrat or Republician, and most would be independant.
  4. Just a history lesson... Thomas H Lee was the group that couldn't figure out the CEO of Refco had been hiding almost $500 million in losses for a long, long time.
  5. QUOTE(Chisoxfn @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 12:42 PM) I'd be surprised if he wasn't on the opening day roster. He has a nice arm and when he throws strikes he's pretty tough to hit. Easier said than done there...
  6. QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:37 AM) I'd love to. Excellent. I don't think anyone will be able to accuse of working together in our bias's and agenda's
  7. Wow. I am really shocked to see this happen. So I guess this means the "fill in the minor league teams with live arms" crowd will be thrilled, right? Personally I hate to give up on Neal already, but I get the feeling there is some reason for the regression last year, that the Sox don't think they can fix, aka something upstairs wasn't quite right.
  8. QUOTE(Soxy @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:02 AM) Nope. I like to talk politics, but I can't play the necessary games. So, I'd rather be a constituent to a person that actually listens to my opinions and weighs it in with the others, so there's no Tyranny of Soxy. And there's that. . .But mostly the former. Well if you are out of the race, would you be willing to help moderate things with me? That way Balta doesn't have to worry about it, no matter what he decides.
  9. QUOTE(Rex Kicka** @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 11:31 AM) I was a volunteer and team leader for the Kerry for President campaign in October and November 2004. I helped get out the vote. I was a community organizer for the Corzine for Governor campaign in 2005. I worked specificially to outreach traditionally ignored, yet important constituencies in my legislative district, gay voters, haitians and seniors. I helped develop a voter turnout program for my hometown this year, designated to helping the NJ Democratic party turn out vote in a traditionally ignored city. *AHEM*
  10. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:40 AM) I'd be pretty surprised if Balta doesn't run. And a little disappointed. And I'd really like to see Nuke show up as well. If not, I can handle it... I think I have a little moderating experience from somewhere along the line... Besides you all can't call me anything worse than I get called everyday at work
  11. Its not about hitting, its about a new CF.
  12. I'll moderate if you all can agree on it. QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:31 AM) I'll moderate if you all can agree on it. And actually if Balta is not going to run, I would request his help as a "co" mod to keep it balanced politically.
  13. I couldn't help but notice that many of your opponents are your potential nominees for your cabinet... At this stage of the campaign, one could almost view this as a conflict of interest, or worse yet, effectively a bribe to try to weaken the field by attracting them to your side with the promise of an office. How do you feel about that?
  14. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 10:14 AM) Damn. That was going to be part of the debate thread. Sorry I figured that was a good place to start
  15. Canditate slate (in order of declarations) NorthsideSox72 Texsox Sox4lifePA GregoryPratt BhamBarons Rex Kick*** Heads22 List will be updates as canditates declare and dropout
  16. A question for all of the canditates... How would you propose to ween the US off of fossil fuels, while not doing too much inflationary damage to the lowest classes of the US?
  17. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...,2889597.column VOTE OR DIE http://www.baseballhalloffame.org/
  18. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Nov 16, 2006 -> 09:15 AM) Should I start a seperate thread just for endorsements? Good idea, but lets wait on it. I want to give everyone a chance to declare and talk before we start throwing weight around.
  19. I kinda mentioned that in another thread actually... The Sox and Jays could be a great fit for each other in this sort of a deal. The Sox would love Wells, and Toronto would love one of our starters, especially with Lilly looking all but gone, and then Anderson to replace Wells in CF.
  20. southsider2k5 replied to Thedeepsea's topic in SLaM
    Besides the Beatles, one of my all time favorite driving CDs was The Presidents of the United States of America's first CD.
  21. Anyone else watch this show on Headline News the other night?
  22. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 09:25 PM) Kinda makes you wonder if something like Garcia/Vazquez, Anderson, Broadway for Vernon Wells, reliever could be something that might get done?
  23. I would like to take a second to announce that I will not be seeking any office during this Soxtalk Election cycle. My simultaneous roles as both father/husband, head of the Bilderbergs, and Dictator for Life at Soxtalk.com do not allow me the time to seek the office of the Presidency at this time. I will however be studying the election closely and do plan to offer an endorsement as long there are worthy canditates. Thank you and good luck, and may God bless Soxtalk.
  24. QUOTE(Hangar18 @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 03:03 PM) Hey, no reason you couldnt make BOTH parties! nah this is my train-buddies Christmas party, there is no way I am missing a second of this one!
  25. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(sox4lifeinPA @ Nov 15, 2006 -> 08:21 PM) I shopped a couple banks the other day and noticed that they don't really care about the customer. However, I know of a few banks that actually WANT your business. There are definitely financial institutions to avoid and others worth frequenting. I know what you meant, and I understand the complexity of dealing with other people's money. What I find ironic is that America is becoming the #1 service providing country in the world...yet we're the #1 douche bag providing country in the world. Hey Alex, what are your banks you recommend, and those to avoid, from an "insiders" prospective? I am shopping for a new place, well because NATIONAL CITY IS THE WORST BANK EVER!

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.