Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/nationw...nationworld-hed
  2. QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 03:40 PM) If Garland pitches 211 2/3 innings (what he's on pace for), he'd have to limit opponents to 24 runs over his next 63 1/3 innings to have an ERA of 4.46, which is the closest to 4.50 that I could get. Which works out to about 3.41 ERA
  3. For those who are interested, more of the details are starting to come out...
  4. southsider2k5 replied to spiderman's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 01:34 PM) Short period could be from a year to 5. The pros and cons depend on his financial situation. I don't understand why you guys are trying to scare him from an interest only loan Spider, sit down with your potential lender and go over all the options. IOL's are not as bad as they are being made out to be here. Also, WF for a repeat customer is in the low 5% range right now - being a repeat get's you somewhere between .5 to .8 of a point off prime so the rates you quoted do seem a bit high - though I am basing it someone with a high 700 credit score. One very big reason is that we could be looking at a period of flat to declining house prices, especially in areas where there was a very large run up in prices, simply because of the 17 straight raises in interest rates. If you get locked into a loan like that, you could end up losing money on your house because you never paid a dime in principle meanwhile your asset is worth less than you what you owe. IOL's were safer when you had a pretty safe ROR annually on your place. Now with rates rising quickly, and historical prospects being that the gap between short term and long term rates will return probably meaning even higher rates, those gains aren't as guarenteed. Higher rates mean a slower housing market, which could mean a period of flat to declining prices. That's my problem with no interest loans right now.
  5. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 12:58 PM) OK, then does anyone have the patience to actually figure that out? just for simplicities sake if he has pitched about 2/3 of the season with a 5 era, he would need about a 3.5 era over the last 3rd if the innings are balanced based on the parts of the season. An exact answer is impossible, simply because of a gagillion variables.
  6. QUOTE(whitesox61382 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 11:06 AM) I am not a greedy man. All I want out of my back up catcher is good defense and a .250+ BA. I think he would be a perfect option next year. Relatively young, cheap, right handed, good defensively, ok bat, puts the ball into play, ect. The Sox haven't had that in a back up catcher for a while. It would be nice to have a catcher that can actually throw out a runner every now and again. To be fair, Contreras, Garcia, and Vazquez are complete failures at doing anything to prevent a runner from stealing a base. Garland at least has a nice slidestep, and Buehrles pickoff move is legendary.
  7. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 11:10 AM) So say the Sox have like 50 seats scattered around that are available. Would they just deem them comps to get a sellout? How does that work? I would imagine there are always at least some singles scattered around the park. Do they sox buy them up to make it a sellout or are they allowed a certain % of empty seats? To be honest I am not sure how they exact definition works. I suppose there isn't anything to stop Jerry from deeming them comps and giving them to staff or something like that, but when it gets into specifics, i am not sure what the answer is.
  8. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:57 AM) FYI, just checked ticketmaster for the remaining KC games. For 2 seats together... Tuesday: none available Wednesday: none available Thursday: Best is 542, Row 13 So I'd say Tue and Wed are sellouts, and Thursday has a shot. Thursday is really moving now. Keep your fingers crossed.
  9. QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:38 AM) Anyone know what constitutes a sellout? I thought I read somewhere it wasn't capacity. I thought it was like 90% of tickets sold or something? All seats being spoken for is a sellout. Even if a big chunk of them are comps, it is still considered an official sell out. Comps don't count towards official attendance (as it is tickets SOLD) so that is why capacity varies so much.
  10. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 10:41 AM) Uh-oh. Were they running because they were illegal or something else? That's a real interesting twist. I can't wait to see what the full investigation turns up.
  11. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:50 AM) Only because you don't know how to count and would give the cashier too much. Good point...
  12. I got a BP HR from Bo Jackson back in the Baseball Palace of the World back in the 80's. I also have gotten BP balls from Joe Crede and Ron Kittle over the years, but have never gotten something actually during a game.
  13. QUOTE(mreye @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 09:14 AM) And I have to ask my wife. He obviously has no clue what he's talking about. Heck, I have to ask my kid. She has more money than I do!
  14. QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 08:17 AM) Can somebody fix the date for this thread, unless I am in Groundhogs Day, then I guess today's game can also be played on 8/14. Good catch
  15. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 07:59 AM) Who said that? I think you are applying a statement to people that isn't true, at least in here anyway. The people I've seen in here argue against torture didn't argue against its effectiveness - it was an argument about legality and morality. Oh, no there have been arguements against its effectiveness as well.
  16. QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Aug 15, 2006 -> 12:50 AM) In one f***ing week? Come on man It's not a complete collapse, but it's getting there Don't waste your breath...
  17. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 10:12 PM) I didn't see that interview, but I've seen other interviews with Brian, whether it be on TV or the radio, and he's just one big goof. I think that's why I like him so much. He's just a regular goofy dude. the interview where he and Chuck "switch places"? Yes, that was hysterical. An instant classic.
  18. southsider2k5 replied to spiderman's topic in SLaM
    Get a fixed rate. From a historical perspective it is insane that the shortterm rates and the longterm rates are as close to each other as they are right now. I don't know why there is no incentive for long term lending, but it isn't going to stay like that forever. If you get an ARM or interest only loan, 3-5 years from now you will regret it, unless something awful happens and the fed has to aggressively cut interest rates quickly ala 2001-2. Get your basic 30 year fixed rate mortgage, if you plan on being there for any amount of time at all.
  19. QUOTE(LowerCaseRepublican @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 03:00 PM) Jeez, they never get Geraldo. They'd be paying us a ransom to take him back
  20. there aren't many details at this time. http://today.reuters.com/news/articlenews....=rss&rpc=22
  21. Jermaine Dye has a really cheap option for 07. He would pretty much have to break his neck or flip out completely to not have that option picked up for 2007.
  22. QUOTE(Felix @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 01:54 PM) whine whine whine whine Look, I used to hate bandwagoners, and I still don't like what they stand for, but the bottom line is, their money plays a big part in this team having a payroll of 100+ million, which plays a big part in having this team own one of the best records in baseball. yeah I don't like them either, but all that means is we have to do our part and educate Sox fans to make their even more baseball savvy. Being a good fan doesn't just mean knowing your starting line up, it also includes how to act at US Cellular Field and beyond. If you have a question on etiquette, ask a hockey fan about hockey rules for getting up and sitting down during a game. Follow those, and you won't go wrong.
  23. The Tigers get to face Josh Beckett, Curt Schilling, and David Wells at Boston.
  24. QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 14, 2006 -> 12:33 PM) i think i've seen this movie before. disagree with the message... attack the messenger. Well done my evil friend, well done. The irony is, I didn't see you respond to anything in the article
  25. Here is the version from our paper. A lot more details than anyone else... for once.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.