Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So we are 0-1 now in our last game with the regular line up, so we should always juggle our line ups, because if we keep this up we will never win another game again!!! /green
  2. The MCAS teachers union is trying to talk me into running for the school board, with no real idea where I stand on issues, or the fact that I am a repubician in a very democratic down, by offering to endorse and support me if I run. I guess being pro-teacher is that rare in our area.
  3. QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 10, 2006 -> 05:19 PM) I am a member of Union station multiplex, love it. Nice place but pretty expensive as I understand it, right?
  4. QUOTE(Big Hurtin @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:22 PM) Hit somebody in the top of the 1st. That s*** is getting old. Jon Garland has a history of taking down guys for teammates... My prediction is that if the first two batters are retired, Jon puts one behind or into Vlad as a message.
  5. QUOTE(The-Legend-Of-Pujols @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:40 PM) The Sox are like the Detroit Pistons of Baseball because they dont have one "Superstar" on there team. And keep your heads up because almost every single one of the whitesox starters deserves to be in the Allstar Game but you know as well as I do that its a popularity contest. Atleast my man Albert Pujols is leading the majors in HR's and RBI's. I hope he is MVP again and goes down as the greatest ever! That Jim Thome dude might not be Albert Pujols but he is putting up some of the most impressive numbers in MLB outside of STL right now...
  6. Once you get past the "You may be better, but we still draw more fans" part, this is a pretty cool historical reference to how teams preform the year after... http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/cs...ack=1&cset=true
  7. QUOTE(Jimbo @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:59 PM) new gm of royals?? The thing is with a little luck on injuries, the Royals could be a decent team in a couple of years. They have a TON of great young pitching arms, and some hitters who just need some seasoning... but it seems like they are just jinxed. Heck thing about the problems already this year. Their number 1 starter just came back from Tommy John, their number 2 starter had somekind of personal problems which knocked him out for a long while, they closer got hurt during the spring, their franchise player has a horrible back... Heck there was a game against us where in May, KC trotted out a line up with 3 total home runs between all of the starters. We had 5 guys in our starting line up with at least that many. If KC were to spend a little bit of money on some solid vets who could knock in some runs, AND stay healthy, they could be a good team with no injuries. The next GM/MGR here could look like a genius for doing very little.
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Nothing in life is worse than this...
  9. And a picture of the bundle of joy
  10. QUOTE(Rex Hudler @ May 10, 2006 -> 08:30 PM) Katharine has looked the whole show like she was ready to go home. Chris gets the boot. Somewhat of a surprise, but not a total shock. Paula looked like an absolute basket case. Am I the only one that is sick of her?? Nope, there is nothing about Idol I hate more than Paula Abdul. I was sort of surprised to see Chris go home, as Kat really deserved it, but all in all I am glad Chris did not win.
  11. I am thrilled to FINALLY be able to welcome to the world Alyssa Jeanette born at 7:18 pm tonight, 7 pounds 11 ounces and 20 inches long. Mom and baby are healthy and doing well.
  12. Forest... Trees.. blah, blah, blah...
  13. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ May 10, 2006 -> 11:34 AM) He has a hell of a good "Soul" style voice, as he proved with the second song. I would love to hear he and Rod Stewart together. He does Sam Cooke quite well, which is no easy feat as Cooke is one of the greatest voices to ever have lived. He does have talent, just not with dancing. I thought Chris's version of "Conversation" was one of the most boring performances ever. No emotion at all in the beginning. Even though the original was a little mellow in the beginning, Elvis still had the charm and presence to get the point across. Chris just looked and sounded bored. I do agree though that Kat will probably be going home, which is a shame as she is more talented than Chris. I love soul and blues, and he really invokes an image of a time gone by musically, that I just love.
  14. I'd love to see Chicago get this olympic bid. I know the naysayers will blow it off as a pain in the ass and expensive, but Chicago will get HUGE capital improvement projects that have been blown off for decades, such as the circle line contecting the trains, a third airport, and the fixing of the railroad mess on the southside of Chicago, which will so be worth it in the long run. The exposure and pork projects alone pay for any temporary inconviences.
  15. Chuck has a mid to upper 80s fastball and a slider that he uses occasionally.
  16. Go Get 'Em Chuck!!!
  17. QUOTE(Soxy @ May 10, 2006 -> 09:24 AM) Decent performances last night. Katherine was by far the worst (vocally). But will her hotness be enough to save her? Dial Idol (which is actually surprisingly accurate) shows her and Chris at the bottom of the pile. But I think Katharine will be going home. I am picking Kat to go home as well. Everyone else was markedly better than Kat, with Elliot and Taylor having awesome weeks. The Elvis week did prove to be perfect for Taylor as he was excellent with both songs. Chris was OK, not impressive, but not nearly as bad as Katharine. We could have an all male final 3 for the first time ever.
  18. QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ May 8, 2006 -> 08:37 PM) It may be pathetic but whats more pathetic is these "fans" thinking that anythings going to change. As long as they keep on filling up the urinal and swilling their overpriced beer nothing will ever change on the north side. If they did that, well they would be White Sox fans then wouldn't they? The Tribune company has shareholders to answer to, and they want to see a profit every year. Nothing is going to change that.
  19. QUOTE(Kalapse @ May 9, 2006 -> 09:15 AM) Now he's slobbering all over Dusty Baker's nuts. This is disgusting, if this f*** is just going to be an apologist for everything Cubs, this show will not last. "Find me 5 coaches in baseball that are better than Dusty Baker." -Salisbury. Translated: Find me a postion on a sports debate in Chicago that will get me more emails/phonecalls than siding with Dusty Baker right now.
  20. QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 8, 2006 -> 09:56 PM) How do you help someone that is depressed? The last 6 months or so for Brian have been tough and it seems like the toll is starting to show on him. He keeps saying that he is just tired, but I know it is more than that. I can hear the flatness in his voice, the frustration when he talks about his job, etc. I have tried suggesting that if the CFD thing doesn't work, to try to go back to his last job where he was happy (money and vacation wasn't great, but he liked what he did). At FDP, he goes between being a feeder and a second pressman and it is a union shop which means fantastic money, but ball breaking hours. He has at least managed to stand up and say he will not work all weekends, that he wants at least one full weekend off each month. That has helped some, but the presses he works on are some of the biggest piles of crap around. If they were Heidelbergs he would have very little issues with his job other than not acclimating to the third shift. Just nannering, but hoping someone could give me ideas to cheer him up... I can tell you from experience that going to a job you hate everyday sucks. It literally just drains you. The big thing is to try to work him towards something new and better to give him some hope. Even if it doesn't bring immediate gratification, keep trying because somedays frankly nothing will help. Help look for other jobs, or get him to go back to school, or try for a promotion, or whatever is the next logical step for him. Good luck, its a thankless postion to be in.
  21. I think the trip to the World Series, and Joe's preformance on the national stage are going to go a long way towards his winning a Gold Glove either this year or next. The politics of this are BS, but Joe seems to be putting together the "other" prerequisites that seem to be necesary to win the GG. I really believe this is his year as long as the Sox keep winning.
  22. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:29 PM) Behold, Soxtalk's moral compass. :headshake Christ. I actually had to stop and think a little bit before I answered this. I'll admit my first thought was to come on here and just tear this whole thing apart in a blazing flame job. Then the more I thought about it, if you didn't get the original post, you probably wouldn't get this either, but I also wanted to explain something that other people should understand. You used the term moral compass like a term of derision. Something you completely missed is that the admins/mods of a good website are exactly that. Especially in a situtation where you expect more out of an individual poster, good leadership steps to the plate and does something to rectify the situation. Now I now my answer should have been a little bit less bitter, and I will freely admit that. But the point of the post stands, the attacks were questionable at best. I have seen people trying to justify them by the kids attitude and the way he posed his question etc, but on the flip side of things, the guy has eight posts, and obviously has no idea of Soxtalk etiquette, so what happens? Instead of someone explaining to him what he should be doing, they rip the kid apart. Then to top it off, when all of the people who were yelling so loudly about everything were proven completely and 100% wrong, only one person had the moxie to apologize. Now many of the people who were chirping the loudest, I don't expect anything from, as they have demonstrated nothing that would indicate they would have the decency to look themselves in the mirror and admit a mistake in the first place, so why would they in this situation, right? But others I was extremely disappointed in. Some people you just expect more from. As a matter of a fact, you would expect them to be a sort of moral compass. Someone to help out new people, and be man enough to admit when they are wrong, not to further add to the embarassment by acting like they are above common decency. Another big problem here is that I know of people personally through emails and PMs who refuse to post any new info because of threads exactly like this. Egotisitcal people is a rush to look better than someone else overreact to a situation, and immediately attack the messenger. This has led to more than a few of our "inside" sources either quitting the site, or just not posting anything edgy anymore. The funny thing is that the losers in these situations are all of the same people who are causing this problem in the first place. If you don't believe me take a look around at the people who aren't posting here anymore, and the disappearence of minor league posters and "breaking" news from certian posters anymore, then add it all up yourself. One definate problem here, is this whole clique mentality that has developed here lately, sucks. Its like you have to be a part of the "group" or you are no one. If your opinion doesn't conform, you are driven off as somekind of outcast or idiot, which has become very reminisent of a situation that many of our posters fled other places on the internet. Many days and threads turn out like a bad teen movie with all of the little princesses fighting over who is the prom queen. Well girls, I am here to tell you that you are all snobs. Call me the moral compass, and damn it I am proud of that. I want Soxtalk to be a FREE and OPEN exchange of information and ideas. I want Soxtalk to be a place where someone new can come and fit in, just as well as someone who has been here since day one. I don't want a situation where just because someone has a lot of posts, they can label and deride someone just because. Part of my role as an administrator at Soxtalk is to make a situation here where exactly the ideal situations for member are occuring, and sometimes that means being a moral compass. When I see a situation where I can educate someone on being a better poster, I'll will take that chance, because in the long run, it is for the good of the site as a whole. I don't regret calling out people at all for this. People needed to hear how they were acting, and if they chose to ignore the feedback they are getting, from MANY more people than just me, well that is up to them.
  23. QUOTE(bmags @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:18 PM) I find this disappointment pretty hilarious...if someone wanted to be treated correctly, here's how they should've acted... Guys, i've heard this rumor from a source i trust with ties to the organization that charlie haegar will spot start on wed for the angels with count on the DL later i'm sorry i can't give away the name of my source, i'm sure it'll come out rather soon... Instead of... oh man you guys must just hate charles haegar :finger and later blhalahblahbalhabalahabalhabalhablhbalaOH YEAH TERES A GOOD POAST HE ACTUALLY LIKES CHARLES HAEGAR with the way he acted i'm suprised he wasn't ridiculed further. I know this is a message board...but i think the guy could have acted a bit more respectful when he first came on... this STILL screams troll And yet, guess what... It wasn't. And you are still trying to put the blame on someone else for people's own actions. Thanks for proving my point exactly.
  24. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ May 8, 2006 -> 06:10 PM) I'm the only one that's apologized to him. He could've gave us all a little more info at the time. But he was right. QUOTE(wcw2323 @ May 8, 2006 -> 07:03 PM) Still waiting for the 50 guys who were naysayers and basic lemmings today to stand up and apologize for the BS they were slinging. I chose to not divulge my source as requested...period, end of story. :finger Before I even get to Contreras going onto the DL, I gotta say I am extremely disappointed in quite a few people in this thread. I can understand thinking that someone is trolling in this situation, heck I might even have joined in the calling out parade. But I can't believe how many people don't have the common courtesy to apologize for being wrong. Be a man and own up when you are wrong, it is a big part of the transition to adulthood. I can't believe only one person had the decency to do so. This site is better than that, or at least it used to be. Part of the charm here has always been the friendly atmosphere and the thirst for information. Instead lately it just looks like people are looking for a sacrficial lamb to put down so that they can feel good about themselves. There aren't many times I will say this, but I am f***ing embarassed to be associated as a leader of this site today because of this.
  25. If you want an excellent Chicago show, take in either Second City, if you like comedy (many cast members go onto Saturday Night Live) or take in a preformance for Blue Man Group. Both will give great nights of entertainment.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.