Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 01:42 PM) 3 rules I live by 1.Never get into a land war in asia 2.Never bet with a sicilian when death is on the line 3.Dont argue with SS2k5
  2. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 01:36 PM) It's incongruous, sure, but it's a hypothetical, so deal with it! I mean, why the hell is there a petri dish of blastulas just sitting around?? And what procedure were you having done at this clinic that specializes in leaving blastulas and unattended toddlers lying around?!? Weekend at Britney Spears?
  3. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 01:29 PM) Whoa. Good question. I'd have to look at things from the point of view of what was the purpose of this fake ID business and the damage that could have been done to society in general by the nature of the 'business'. Was this kid selling fake ID's to 19 year olds that wanted to get into a bar or was he selling to terrorists that need the ID's to operate within this country. Of course, there a lot of 'what ifs' that can thrown around here. You have to have faith in the powers that be to get an accurate read on the circumstances and that they would act accordingly. The second part of that question is how do you know if they are just wanting to get into bars or not? Its not like they are going to tell you that they are terrorists looking to blow up a building...
  4. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 01:15 PM) Totally. The kid will think twice next time when he wants to pull a prank. But at the same time, I still think parents get a little too carried away with legal action etc when something like this happens. They should spend more time with their kids and less with their lawyers. So in essense what you are saying is that it is only wrong if something bad happens? Because the kid wasn't allergic and didn't go into anaphilatic shock and die, that this prank wasn't a big deal? There is a reason something like this is illegal. Just because something bad didn't happen, doesn't mean it wasn't incredibly stupid, and the kid shouldn't be punished. He was old enough to know better, and deserves to be punished as such.
  5. I'd love to see Mandisa win, but I just don't see it happening. She has by far the most talent, but keeping in mind who is contributing the majority of the votes here, I just don't see it happening. I'm also glad to hear that I am the only one who can't stand the whole act that Kellie puts on. It is a complete ripoff of Carrie last year.
  6. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:26 AM) Yeah, because the NFL did such a great job of making sure people weren't on the juice. Bill Romanowski and the 2003 Carolina Panthers certainly appreciate the effort. Cheaters are always going to look for ways to cheat. I respect football for at least putting in things like *gasp* rules and *godforbid* penalties for things like drug usage and illegal activity, while the sports of baseball and basketball have acted like they done exsist and even become complicit in their coverups. It might not be perfect, but its better than the joke that my favorite sport became.
  7. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:18 AM) That damn song is gonna be stuck in my head all day now... You say that like its a bad thing?!?!?!
  8. The final 12 is set. I was glad to see Melissa stay, but I don't think she will last more than another week or two with the negative buzz she gets. I was really disappointed with the guys that got voted off, I really wanted to see both Bucky and Kevin get voted off, and I was really upset to see Gideon go. Thoughts or early winner predictions? I am going to give an early wildcard guess of Katharine winning it all.
  9. Thanks for my Beatles fix QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 11:03 AM) Let me send you dowwwwwwwn, cuz I'm going to.... Joshua Fields... Charlotte is real.... See you if Joe's back goes out..... Joshua Fields Forever!
  10. Thanks for the info and welcome to Soxtalk
  11. QUOTE(thedoctor @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 08:51 AM) carpenter, hawk impress at osu pro day oops.
  12. QUOTE(Jeckle2000 @ Mar 10, 2006 -> 12:50 AM) I have you beat... I just found out two days ago I need to have surgury for my Crohns... They have to take my diseased intestine and sow the healthy parts together... Ohh and to make things cheerier I found out one of my best friends is dying of cancer... It's spread to far for them to do anything about it... Fun Fun... Wow. Prayers and best wishes for the both of you. That's an incredible amount of stress that young...
  13. Its obvious that he is hitting the crap out of the ball so far this spring, but for those who have watched multiple games, how has Josh's defense been so far? I know that was the big worry with him.
  14. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2006 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 07:32 PM) Yes, you would. I realize everybody hates Barry. But it would be complete and total bulls*** to punish only him for something many others have done. Exactly. If we could have someone interview a couple hundred people surrounding just about everyone in baseball that would be one thing, but with this focusing on just one player, it is BS. Again, this is MLBs fault for acting like the problem didn't exsist for decades. If they take a stand initially like football did, this problem would not have gotten to the point where people are writing books about it, and feel the need to investigate it.
  15. I wonder when they will be scheduling the surgeries to have Kerry's vagina removed?
  16. From the MC News Dispatch...
  17. QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 03:07 PM) It's amazing that a 300 plus win, 4,000 plus strikeout, 40 year old plus legendary pitcher has to be such an indecisive attention whore. Or get so much grief from snotnosed teenagers...
  18. southsider2k5 replied to Chi Town Sox's topic in SLaM
    I am not sure how much things have changed, but we crossed at Windsor and back to the US at Buffalo in June 02 and we did not need our birth certificates. You definately will need ID, and do NOT joke around with the border patrol. Answer everything with simple yes and no answers, and pay attention to the questions being asked. They are looking for inaccuracies in your answers, and if you give them any reason, they will pull you all into customs and tear apart your vehicle, and person looking for anything suspicious. That being said, the odds of that are really small, but be smart about it.
  19. This is going to fillibuster now for obvious reasons... enjoy.
  20. http://www.cnn.com/2006/TECH/space/03/09/e...r.ap/index.html Very Cool. This could lead to a discovery of life on this moon.
  21. http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...trophy_tour.jsp They don't have anything after the end of March up, but I know there are plans clear through to the summer.
  22. Posting odds is fine, just you can't post anything that connects to a gambling site. I think you were just getting a friendly reminder just to be safe. Gambling is illegal, and we have no interest in getting in trouble.
  23. QUOTE(DePloderer @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:34 AM) Just had a PM from Chisoxrd5, so it looks like I'm going to be OK. Cheers Chisoxrd5 Definately
  24. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Mar 9, 2006 -> 11:02 AM) Yeah, unfortunately, the result is the same regardless of which of us may be correct. Hatred is building, and that can't be good. I'd agree with you 100% there. Whatever the cause, the end result isn't good.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.