Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. So we are down to just the stinking two time defending champion Canadian to join...
  2. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 02:38 PM) The batteries have a 10 year warranty on every hybrid I've ever seen marketed. Edit: oh, and btw...$2.25 a gallon would be by far the cheapest gas around here. And it would be way more expensive than anywhere else around here.
  3. Having dealt with Evan Bayh for waaaaaaaaay too many years, I think he is someone who could emerge for the Dems, but I don't think that they will have someone from Indiana at the top of their ticket. Bayh could be an interesting pick for Veep, and has the potential to swing a very Repub state to the Dems.
  4. http://www.breitbart.com/news/2006/02/17/D8FR44IO0.html
  5. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 01:15 PM) They sure do. Show me a link to it.
  6. Not me, I have always owned American.
  7. Yeah for budget cuts!@!!
  8. I love this day
  9. QUOTE(Texsox @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 10:56 AM) The next question will be the difference between paid and actual. They don't keep track of the latter.
  10. QUOTE(Steff @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 10:18 AM) Average 37,038... Are you on crack? Did anyone really think we would have already sold 2 million tickets before a single regular season ticket was sold to the general public? I know its a lot but we all know in Chicago that percieved demand is half of the battle. If people think they are going to miss out on something, they are going to snap up tickets ASAP. I know 3 million is a stretch, but if the boys play big ball early, it could happen.
  11. I ordered my checks, with the special by-line "2005 MLB World Champions" Damn that never gets old
  12. QUOTE(whitesox1976 @ Feb 17, 2006 -> 03:21 AM) That is terrific!!! 2 million tickets sold and still a ways till the season starts. That's what happens when you win the World Series! I wonder if 3 million is a possibility? If we get out of the gate BIG in April, 3 million is a real possibility. But the HUGE start is key.
  13. QUOTE(NorthSideSox72 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 05:21 PM) Stop it. Seriously. Whenever someone criticizes something anyone anywhere in the current administration does, the GOP'ers here immediately come up with something about a Clinton. It's childish and makes no sense. Are we capable of sticking to an issue here? Oh that's right. Because I have never seen a bumpersticker that said when Clinton lied, no one died. Or no one has ever said why is lying about a blowjob impeachable, when lying about a war isn't. No one ever brings up the past in the other light... Give me a break. Its also shortsighted to think that two similar things never get compared and contrasted. Are you telling me that kids in the same household never say well when Joey stayed out late, you didn't ground him... Or hell even in the city of Chicago, that the Sox and Cubs never get compared on the basis of what they did? The entire court system is based on precedent of previous rulings. I heard 8 years of Vast Right Wing Conspiracy bulls*** everytime Clinton was critisized for anything. And now we are just supposed to forget about the past when our current President gets blackballed for the samekinds of things? I couldn't tell you how many times I got told that his and Monica's affair, because it was between two consentual adults was none of my business, and that because no law was broken, we didn't deserve to know. Well guess what... Dick Cheney had a hunting accident. Why is that now my business? It happened on his personal time, with other consenting adults, and the biggest ACTUAL crime committed was that he didn't have a stamp to be hunting quail. Oh s***, start the impeachment hearings.
  14. QUOTE(Felix @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 04:08 PM) I doubt there is something in Texas hunting code, but he's the vice president of the United States. Its not Joe Schmo from around the corner. Anytime something like this happens, its his responsibility to report it right away to the national presses. If he wanted to talk to Whittington's wife and kids first, then thats fine, and he did that. But that doesn't take 18 hours (or however long it was) to do, and it should have been reported to the national press, not just some small newspaper. His responsibility? Really? I don't seem to recall it being national news when a Van Hillary Clinton was traveling in, disregarded a police officers orders to stop, and then proceeded to drag the man 300 feet. Was there a responsibility to hold a nearly immediate press confrence then as well? I'll tell you what I sure don't remember it happening... Also out of curiousity, what is the proper amount of time and where does contacting the national media rank for a hunting accident. Should they have called the media immediately, or waited to get him to the hospital, or waited until the police investigated, or waited until the family knew about it, or made sure that the family was ready for the swarm of media sure to ensue, or made sure that the guy was going to be OK, or gotten even gotten off of the ranch where they were hunting? Where does specifically contacting the national media rank there?
  15. We know the Yankees, Astros, and Cardinals are going to sell out quick to. It is very possible that we will surpass the entire 2005 attendence before a single pitch is thrown... at spring training. Wow.
  16. tell your buddy it was south WEST mizzou St that Alford coached at.
  17. Nevermind, I had to do a little more creative searching find them... http://www.designerchecks.com/CheckDetail.aspx?vpid=76
  18. Welcome to Soxtalk, always nice to have another veteran fan
  19. QUOTE(Soxy @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 02:02 PM) Looks like I'll be taking a trip to PA. . . Does he know?
  20. Where the hell do you get them from??? I tried finding them on-line and I can't find anything. HELP!!!
  21. Here are the "official" rules http://cgi.darwinawards.com/cgi/frames.pl?/rules/main.html
  22. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 01:36 PM) Well, i don't think he died...does sterilization make oneself eligible? He would have removed himself from the gene pool if that were the case. I thought losing the ability to reproduce was the key. Heck i might be wrong there.
  23. All I can hope, is that this man is now eligible for a Darwin Award.
  24. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Feb 16, 2006 -> 01:17 PM) I don't think he's even worth the risk, entirely for his health reasons. He still isn't exactly what I'd call "Slim", and IU really couldn't afford to risk taking him on, having him start up the season or even play through a season or two and then all of a sudden have him decide that his health concerns are too much or actually have him suffer from a major problem like a heart attack. The last thing we want is to wind up with Tim Floyd on the bench. Tim Floyd was an excellent college coach...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.