Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. It was a mass of search spiders that hit the site all at once. It was just a wierd coincidence. I think the record is somewhere around 275-300 people
  2. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 01:00 PM) I really like this idea. Ebay has some big downsides, this would really centralize the whole thing and would be a great place to find Chicago stuff. Plus no Ebay fees.
  3. yeah that is fine. Now the rest of it could be cool. It would be a neat place to sell autographs, memorablilia, give aways etc.
  4. The only hang up would be no tickets could be listed above face value because of ticketscalping laws.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    But thankfully the Flying Circus emerged unharmed
  6. I struck out. Stupid server overload
  7. QUOTE(Steff @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:15 PM) Keep trying until they say sold out.. I just put in for 2 club levels and got them. How the hell do you keep getting through, and who do I have to ban to get those tickets?
  8. QUOTE(Funkman7 @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 12:10 PM) Yeah man, where the hell is the warning sign, "Don't hit refresh like a madman or we'll lock you out." I posted that earlier in this thread
  9. Wow for there being no Sox fans, we sure f***ed up Ticketbastards computers.
  10. I got timed out by their proxy servers twice on two different computers :angry
  11. QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:53 AM) Where are the links? There are links on the front page of Whitesox.com
  12. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 11:16 AM) That ghonnerea test came back negative??? Not exactly... the test came back positive, but the fact he hasn't had sex in 20 years means he doesn't have to tell anyone about it.
  13. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:30 AM) MCAS was a school system with such potential and they've done nothing but piss it away. And they have talented teachers who seem handcuffed quite a bit. It's one of the few school districts where a strike might do well for the system in the medium/long term. The problem is someone needs to wake the town up. No one cares, not even the people with kids in school there. Its rather sad actually.
  14. QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:44 AM) hey guys, does anyone know if I get through both on the phone and on the internet, can I buy tix with two separate credit cards and will call eight, or will they shut me down at the box office when I try to pick up that many? Nice theory, good luck in reality.
  15. An interesting bit in the Trib today... Could it mean something? LET THE RUMOR MILL BEGIN CHURNING!!!
  16. I was reading the Trib today and there was this... My challenge to you all is can we help them out at all? Anyone have any good suggestions for the new marketing slogan of 2006? If anything good comes up here, I'll be sure to forward it on to Brooks personally. Personally I like "World Champions" best, but we'll see how that works out first...
  17. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:59 AM) Another Teachers strike mayhaps? Its actually forbidden by state law now. I am thinking at least another work to rules action, along with a big media blitz. I think after the Sweeney debacle, they realized they have to take their case to the public instead of trying to negotitate with these idiots. One of the more interesting stats, with as low as City teachers rank in pay, they have 85 administrators, with Harding making $111,500. The next highest school system in total of administrators is Portage with 50, and you know how much bigger they are. Merrillville has 10 admins total. Hmm I wonder where they could cut back some?
  18. QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 10:00 AM) I've heard that also. Aren't fat people supposed to be nice?? No, no, you are thinking of Santa Claus
  19. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:52 AM) I was at the hawks game watching with about 100 other fans That's probably about right
  20. QUOTE(Rex Kickass @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 08:59 AM) Congrats on that committee dealy. How did you score that? The wife mentioned that I wanted to run for school board to the union reps. This contract negotiation is stinking mess. They haven't had a contract in 3 years (or a raise) and they are the 3rd lowest paid teachers in the state. So the administration made one offer of a 1% raise, the teachers turned it down, and the admin declared an impass. Its gonna get ugly. They have already started working on the media end of it, and I think that is where I am going to help. Some of the statistics they spouted even surprised me, and I was expecting the worst.
  21. QUOTE(Greg Hibbard @ Oct 6, 2005 -> 09:30 AM) Hey guys, does anyone have any tips in terms of what browser to use, if having more than one window open at once is better than not, if you can call at 11:45am and keep an agent on the phone for 15 minutes until tickets go on sale....etc. One thing not to do is hit refresh too many times, because it will lock you out of the system as an automated purchaser.
  22. All I have to say is that the White Sox fans didn't have Jimmy Fallon and Drew Berrymore portray them in a movie...
  23. Interesting. He certianly has a nice resume, and so far has done a nice job of getting the Sox minor league system back on the right track. I'd hate to lose him, but he deserves a shot.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.