Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. I'll sign up sometime this weekend. Save me a spot! I have a busy weekend so it might not be right away.
  2. QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 10:00 AM) It took over 2 years for Neal Cotts to get it right, right (gulp)? Jose Contreras had the problem of tipping his splitter for about a year and a half. It happens.
  3. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:32 AM) You mean to tell me with all the scouts we have, video tape review, and the fact that we have a few coaches and a catcher watching all this, they cannot see this and remedy it. If you are tipping this much it should be easy to see then for our staff. If DJ can see it, our staff can see it. Fixing a mechanical flaw isn't as easy as posting on a message board, or we would all be ace pitchers.
  4. "Lennon" the musical shutdown after only 49 preformances, playing to only about 40% of capacity. http://www.cnn.com/2005/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/1...g.ap/index.html
  5. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 09:10 AM) pshaw...what can YOU do??? Yeah Flaxx, as soon as that triple bock is here...I'm making me a few phone calls. You'll be buying yourself out of "playtime" with a bottle of The Beast. Good thing is that one drink and your assualter will be hammered off his ass. Ah you busted me. My dirty secret it out, I am nothing but a paper tiger admin
  6. Mark Buehrle is slowing his arm motion on his change up. It has nothing to do with not being an Ace or being tired. When you know what is coming, the odds are much better that you are going to hit it. He needs to go back to the tape he watch of Santana and figure out what he was doing to tip off that pitch.
  7. QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:56 PM) Why,and more importantly HOW, are you still here? I wanted to adress this mess from yesterday. We have been more strict on personal attacks lately, and many of you have noticed that. Many more posts have been being edited, and some people have been suspended. That being said, this behavior yesterday went way past that. There was an obvious attempt to troll and to start fights and arguements. This goes way past the personal attack policy, and his punishment has reflected that. As always if there are any questions or concerns you can PM me or anyone else on staff here. Thanks SS
  8. QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Sep 16, 2005 -> 08:37 AM) I'm telling. Don't make me ban you
  9. That was one helluva post TLAK!!!
  10. It hasn't at all. I have a new house, and a baby on the way, and baseball is never going to stress me out. I have much more important things to worry about than a game.
  11. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 05:33 PM) To those who got burned out of the Beatles, let me share my sickness with you. I had a conference this week in Naples Florida, four hours from home. I got in the car on Sunday and cued up the playlist "EMI 217" on my iPod. That's a playlist of all 217 officially released Beatles songs in chronological British release order, with the non-album single and EP releases placed between album track listings where they should be, etc. I pulled up to the hotel just as "I'm Only Sleeping (song #108 in the chronology) played out. Three days later, I get in the car to drive home and start by cueing up George's "Love You To", the next song on the Parlaphone/EMI version of Revolver, and drove home listening to the rest of thee catalog. I admit, I've been burned out from the studio recordings at times before as well, but then I do a HammerHead and listen to bootlegs and alternate versions for a while. If you got burned out listening to the later (Pepper and beyond) stuff, go and put the early early stuff on and it will blow you away how good they were from the get-go. I grew up an avowed late-era BeatleHead and thought all the Beatlemania screaming girl stuff was pretty corny. But now I honestly think I might like the early stuff best of all. My favorite Beatle song of the last year or so is the almost unknown "Ask Me Why" (note, not the same as "Tell Me Why"), from their very first British LP. Brilliant. Oh PLEEEEEEEEEEEEASE tell me that you have a copy of that you can forward to me???
  12. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 05:25 PM) I know this guy... I shook his hand *AND* got his autograph
  13. QUOTE(retro1983hat @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:25 PM) Phrases I don't want to hear after this game: "Cleveland can not continue to play at this pace." Our lead in the loss column. "We haven't lost focus." "No one in the clubhouse is worried." "If back in March you could have a 4.5 game lead with two weeks to play." EL DUQUE! Kenny Williams for Executive of the Year. Let me add... I quit I am not watching this team anymore I am not going anymore I wish I hadn't bought playoff tickets I am glad I didn't get playoff tickets I am not going to anymore games
  14. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:19 PM) I'm just trying to make my point to everyone that ripped on me. Did you just see that double? 5-2. The worst team in Major League Baseball is about to take a series from us. We're all glad that you are proud to be a quitter. Don't break your arm patting yourself on the back or anything.
  15. QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:14 PM) What's the score? 3-2 KC one out bottom of the 7th
  16. QUOTE(fathom @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 03:10 PM) I've been staying away from this gt all day, but did Uribe have a play on the guy going to 3rd base there? Help us out for those that can't watch this amazing game. The runner was past Uribe, it was close, but the correct play.
  17. Sweeney moves him to 3rd with a GO. one down.
  18. QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Sep 15, 2005 -> 02:56 PM) So seriuosly, did anyone see what Cora's sign was when Carl was heading towards 3rd on that play a half inning ago? I didn't see Joey in any of the camera angles. Judging by the way Carl rounded third, he looked to be way down the line with a stop sign up. He didn't round 3rd like he wanted to score, he just rounded third like he wanted to make KC throw home. To me it looked like it was all Carl.
  19. Buehrle has a 1-2-3 6th inning, onto the 7th we go, and we should be seeing the Royals pen now.
  20. Jesus Carl. You might not believe in dinosaurs, but I think they have better baserunning ability.
  21. Grienke isn't happy about that one, and here comes Buddy Bell. Everett to first with a ghost HBP
  22. Buehrle pitches over a couple of more misques. We are going to the 6th inning tied at two.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.