Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
How to break into Sports jobs
I know we have people on here who would like to have jobs that are involved in sports, and this was a great blog post for those who want to go that route. http://whitesoxpride.mlblogs.com/inside_th...y_thoughts.html
-
Griffey Jr.: 'I'm not going' to the White Sox
QUOTE(RockRaines @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:34 PM) Just heard on the radio that the Griffey deal went through, we are paying 70 percent of his salary. Edit: Wait, no it didnt. Wah? Is that speculation over what will happen or what???
-
No VMA thread?
Virgina Military Academy thread???
-
Baj recalled from Charlotte
QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:15 PM) o s*** here's the start of everyone on this site getting a hard-on because Baj is with the sox and everyone loves him because he posts here...whipty f***en due, if he is on the post-season roster we are in some serious trouble QUOTE(Whitesoxfan56 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:21 PM) I want niether on the post season roster they both suck, lets see how Baj does at the show b4 everyone is so happy to bring him up. theres a reason that adkins and jenks were called up before him So why not take your own advice and wait and see what happens before you get all wound up? Not only is Jeff a stand up person and a really nice guy, he also had a helluva year down in a notorious hitters park in AAA. He deserves his chance and now he is going to get it. Even if he didn't post here, after the year he has had, he deserves a chance to prove himself at the major league level. Maybe he will pitch great, maybe he will suck, no one knows. Until then don't be such a hypocrate about this. If you are going to tell people not to get all excited and overreact, why don't you do the samething yourself?
-
Sig request
QUOTE(DePloderer @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 03:04 PM) I'd be happy to do it. Might take me a while though. Let me know if you can wait a while ( no more than a week). I can wait as long as needed for one of your awesome sigs.
-
Hurricane Katrina
It sounds like Gulfport and Buloxi MS are getting the worst of things. http://www.cnn.com/2005/WEATHER/08/29/hurr...rina/index.html The last report I heard was 105 mph at a category 2 storm.
-
Sig request
If anyone out there is interested, could I get a sig made? I'd like pics of Jeff Baj, Brandon McCarthy, Neal Cotts, and Jim Bullard (if possible), with the caption "The Soxtalk Arm's Race"
-
The most hated sox player ever
Jaime Navarro, no doubt about it. I have never seen a player sign a huge contract, suck incredibly bad, and then blame other people for their failures as much as JN did.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:19 PM) OK.. I'm way out of my league in this discussion. Now THIS stuff I deal with all day, or at least I am supposed to...
-
Baj recalled from Charlotte
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:18 PM) I'm sure we can scoot to 159... I'll give NC advance warning.
-
Baj recalled from Charlotte
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:15 PM) Weird.. didn't we just talk about this yesterday? Yeah... I am hoping to see him and Brandon at the patio party to give em a little bit of congrats
-
Baj recalled from Charlotte
WELCOME BACK JEFF!!!! :headbang :headbang
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 02:12 PM) Uh.. thanks. Translation please..? Its a LOT of both. OPEC produced about 30 million barrels of oil a day, just for perspectives sake. The markets are MUCH more worried about the lost natural gas production, as the NG markets stayed way higher than the rest of the energies did on the day.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(Steff @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:54 PM) Equivalent to some 600K barrels a day... did I hear that right..??? CNBC flashed that 2.38 million bbp of crude and 8.3 million bcfd of natural gas production are shutdown right now.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:50 PM) 35% of domestic oil production is pumped out of the gulf of Mexico, and much of it is in this area. If the infastructure is destroyed down there, it will be a huge problem, to the tune of upto a million bbp per day. There are refineries down there, but by and large the biggest refinaries are not in that area of the country. To continue on this thought, they just showed a stat on CNBC that said 92% of crude oil production, and 83% of natural gas production out of the Gulf of Mexico is currently shut down.
-
Hurricane Katrina
QUOTE(knightni @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:48 PM) It's not the oil that's the problem. It's the lack of refineries in the U.S. to make gasoline from the oil. 35% of domestic oil production is pumped out of the gulf of Mexico, and much of it is in this area. If the infastructure is destroyed down there, it will be a huge problem, to the tune of upto a million bbp per day. There are refineries down there, but by and large the biggest refinaries are not in that area of the country.
-
Hurricane Katrina
So after going almost down to unchanged on the day, all of the shortsellers cover in the last 15 minutes and Crude ends up 1.12 on the day at $67.25 bbp. What a crazy day.
-
Crede likely to go on the DL
QUOTE(the People's Champ @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 01:30 PM) So if Joe goes on the DL would that make him playoff ineligible? No, as long as you are on the DL or the 25 man roster, you can still go to the playoffs.
-
Griffey Jr.: 'I'm not going' to the White Sox
We are getting Ken Griffey Jr, I'll stake Bruce Levine's reputation on it.
-
Game Thread 8/29
QUOTE(obno @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:50 PM) Just heard that Jeff Bajenaru will be in bullpen for Texas series. Go get BAJ!!!
-
Hurricane Katrina
Crude is now at $66.50 on the day, it is only up .37 on since the close on Friday
-
Minor League Teams
QUOTE(jasonxctf @ Aug 29, 2005 -> 12:42 PM) i hope you mean 6 hours via bus because you can basically cover the country via plane in 6 hours. Yeah, driving distance.
-
Minor League Teams
I know the White Sox like having their minor league affiliates so close to each other. It makes player movement between the teams much easier. I believe the teams are all within 6 hours of each other.
-
Hurricane Quote of the Day
Speaking of Darwin awards, how about not only staying a city that is 10 feet below sea level during a category 5 hurricane, but also going out for a walk in it
-
Crede likely to go on the DL
Was the Anderson move official yet? Maybe they changed their minds based on Crede not getting healthy? Either that or they will be swapping Bmac for Crede when this move becomes official.