Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Contreras is so huge for the Sox, it is unbelievable. We have a great rotation, but there is no doubt in my mind that Contreras has the best two pitches out of anyone in the rotation. If he pitches anywhere near his potential, this is a scary rotation.
  2. Some other interesting notes from yesterday's game. -Only one other time in Randy Johnson's career has he given up 4 homers in a game (6-20-99 vs ATL). -It was the 7th time in Sox history they have hit 3 straight homers. -3rd time of hitting 4 homers in one inning in White Sox history. -3rd time in Yankees history they have allowed 4 homers in one inning. -2nd time in Yankees history a pitcher has allowed 3 straight homers.
  3. QUOTE(3 BeWareTheNewSox 5 @ Aug 18, 2005 -> 10:14 PM) According to a post at WSI: Garland, Pods, Buerhle, and Garcia also cleared and are eligible for trade Marte and Politte were claimed but pulled back so they can't be dealt Does anyone have a link to this story? I haven't seen it talked about anywhere else.
  4. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8931552/ The ball is now firmly in the PA's court.
  5. Ted Lyons of the White Sox pitched a 6-0 no hitter over the Red Sox at Fenway. The game only took 66 minutes.
  6. QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 12:11 PM) Yeah, I know they fixed it up nice. Really took away from the ghettoy feel of the town. Were you around when Marquette built their Athletic Fields next to MCHS (Then Rogers HS)? Do you know what their nickname for the fields was? I have been past it a million times, but I have never heard the nickname... What is it?
  7. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 12:07 PM) Sorry, but we can't always accomodate the old people who can't sleep through the night due to minor bladder control problems Or those who have to be at work at 6 am either
  8. southsider2k5 replied to Texsox's topic in SLaM
    Lunch is 10:30 for us folks who actually have to get out of bed early
  9. The Fleeing Bagheads are now in league one
  10. QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:52 AM) I wanted the Olympics to be held in Michigan City so they could keep the Olympic flame in the pothole on the 40 yard line of Ames Field. Have you seen the "New" Ames? It isn't a bad place to see a football game, except they should have put the home section of stands to block the north wind off of the Lake. Other than that it is a real nice place for IN HS football.
  11. southsider2k5 replied to SnB's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    I think it is funny that people are complaining about Hawk's whining during games... Have people ever reread what they posted in some game threads? There is about 500 posts of :
  12. John Kerry is now out stealing soundbytes from a woman who lost her son in Iraq. God I hope someone else wins the nomination for the Democrats. :headshake
  13. QUOTE(Jordan4life_2005 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 11:39 AM) 13 at bats isn't really enough of a sample size to judge Anderson yet. I mean, not too many guys hit Radke and Santana well. That Johnson guy is no slouch either. Hell of a way to make you major league debut.
  14. I wouldn't be surprised if Pods isn't activated until September first to get Anderson post season eligible.
  15. I changed to Rex's Anklechipsndip
  16. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines
  17. QUOTE(YASNY @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:48 AM) It's a Bears town first and foremost. No doubt about it IMO.
  18. QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 10:39 AM) So it looks like the teachers in my school district are going on strike. With my HS football team being ranked 32nd nationally and one of the favorites to win state...just greaaaaaat. You're in Naperville? I was reading about that, and it is a cold blooded move by the school board to shutdown the schools instead of letting them picket.
  19. southsider2k5 replied to Rex Kickass's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:25 AM) I've consolidated over time so it's not like I had a lot to move. My last apartment in Michigan, I had a bed, desk, two folding chairs and folding table. And that was it. Wino is sooooo poor I saw him kicking a can down the street, so I asked him what he was doing, he said "moving".
  20. My prediction... Rotoworld has no clue, and should stick to snarky comments after something happens.
  21. QUOTE(winodj @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 09:08 AM) Nope, grew up in Michigan City. ... or something
  22. southsider2k5 replied to Rex Kickass's topic in SLaM
    Housewise I have moved 8 times, soon to be 9 once we close on the new house. If you include college moves it would be more like a couple dozen.
  23. QUOTE(BigSqwert @ Aug 22, 2005 -> 08:24 AM) I wasn't going to start a new thread but the other one might get ugly. So who's going to an out of town Sox game this year and which game/date? I will be at Texas on 08/29. Supposedly Pods' first game back. PM me if you are going and want to meet up at the game. I wouldn't count on Pods being back for that game. Unless we are still really playing badly, they might wait until September 1st to bring him off of the DL to keep Anderson post-season eligible.
  24. There are a lot of things about Baseball that are completely unique to our sport. For example, baseball is the only sport where the defense controls the ball, should we get rid of that too? Also one of his big points loses a lot of luster because no one calls up 15 guys. Heck no one really calls up 10 guys even, most teams call up half a dozen guys tops.
  25. I thought Kevin Walker was DFA when he was sent to Charlotte last time? Am I mistaken?

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.