Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(ChiSox_Sonix @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 02:08 PM) Boo him all you want, you can argue he has it coming. But why on earth would Ozzie have him beaned? That'd be assanine You don't remember the exchange they had in the papers this spring? It wouldn't surprise me at all if Maggs sees an eye high fastball or two.
  2. QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) I can see a Garland extension getting a little pricey, but do you really see PK with this team next year? I actually feel like he's overpayed and should take a salary cut to stay with the team. Maybe that's just me, I'd have to look over some salary numbers, but he is making $8.5 million a year, which seems like a lot for the average he hits for. Look at the list of who will be available in the offseason. People are going to want Pauly dispite what some people think of him.
  3. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:47 PM) You know what, let's not talk about your baby in this sick thread. Could you split out these posts? I'm still new at that. BTW, if it's girl, maybe she can grow a penis* *See Woman Grows Penis Thread Not a problem. It is totally different splitting technique with the new board. It is easier once you get used to it.
  4. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:44 PM) You both will be great parents. Have you started picking out names? We had a boy named picked out, so you know what that means... 80% chance of a girl according to the ultrasound.
  5. QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:41 PM) I understand that JR might be willing to go up to $100 million... but the question is how? Replace PK with a stud 1B? Who? Our starters are pretty set as it is for next season, so unlikely there, plus the starters on the market next season are pretty much junk (the best available pitcher will be AJ Burnett or Kevin Millwood). Improve the pen? I understand that JR could go to $100 million... but who is getting that extra cash? Big extensions for Konerko and Garland are a good place to start, and could be expensive all by themselves. Off season trades to take on big contract players could also happen in the offseason, especially from teams who are willing to give away high money players for basically salary relief.
  6. So do we get CNN updates like the girl in Texas who fell down the well? Somebody get a camera crew over to Wino's!
  7. QUOTE(Texsox @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:35 PM) He wouldn't have been defenseless if he learned those lessons from dad :headshake Why is it harder to own a gun than conceive a child? There must be a special place in hell for people like this, and a special place in heaven for the baby. I am certain the boy is receiving the love he should have gotten on this earth. I can't imagine how people do it. I am already freaking out about taking care of my kid, and getting things ready, and it isn't even due until November!
  8. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:36 PM) Sure.. after I already said it.. pffftt.. Yeah but you didn't hav e the whole big long detailed post explaining it
  9. QUOTE(Wedge @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:23 PM) Holy cow. Adding what, $30 million in payroll? That'd be nice. The Sox are at about $75 million. They are also 10+% over last years attendance at this time, and that isn't even factoring in ticket price increases, increased merchandise sales (I sure have seen a lot of NEW Sox hats floating around downtown Chicago), etc. Plus we could be staring a deep playoff run, which would be a huge revenue shot in the arm in the short term, and a big season ticket holder boost in the middle term. If the Sox go to the WS, God forbid, $100 million payroll in 2006 isn't out of the question. I would guess we are staring at $85 million or so even if we lose in the first round right now, with attendance finishing the season at 2.2 million people. If we get closer to 30k a night or 2.4 mil, $100 million will happen, mark my words.
  10. QUOTE(mreye @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 01:09 PM) WHAT THE f***!!!!!!!! That would actually be a ?????
  11. How sad. It is always worse when the victim is a defenseless child.
  12. Wow. The Lakers had better hope that Kwame can pull a Jon Garland and morph into a pro or else they just got raped on this deal. Great move for Washington either way.
  13. QUOTE(BuehrleTheAce @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 12:17 PM) Thanks for touching it up and sharing. It's my new desktop wallpaper. Me too. As usual, bang up work by two by four productions.
  14. QUOTE(soxfan3530 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 11:33 AM) welcome to soxtalk! You thought about changing the comment in your sig yet?
  15. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 10:38 AM) So, he's fair game. I'd have to say something to him that would probably get me kicked out of the park. Yeah, after seeing Browns fans in action, I don't know that I would screw with the guy that is basically the Indian version of Woo-Woo.
  16. QUOTE(RibbieRubarb @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 11:11 AM) I was told, when joining Soxtalk, that there'd be NO math. Read the fine print SUCKER!!!! BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA!
  17. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 10:01 AM) No s***. Is that guy just a fan?....or do the Indians pay him to do that s***? He is a long time season ticket holder.
  18. QUOTE(winodj @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 09:56 AM) I honestly don't think that the Democratic party in action is really not moderate. They voted - for the most part - for the Bankruptcy Bill. They want to preserve Social Security rather than privatize it. They want to preserve Medicare so it doesn't go bankrupt in 20 years and in the process increase health care availability to those who can't afford it. They want to preserve the filibuster rules and protect the minority in the Senate. They want the administration to be held accountable and provide requested information in relation to appointments to diplomatic corps and the federal judicial bench. And they fight the other party a lot. There is debate on Iraq and the war on terror in the party, but by no means, has there been any consensus within the party. I don't see the Democrats working to make anything radical happen. But then again, I am biased. I wish they'd be more radical in a sense. The party in power is always the radical party, because they have the ability to change things. So many of those items you listed have changed since the Dems held power, it isn't even funny.
  19. QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 09:43 AM) I hate when they play at the Jake because of that assclown who bangs on the bongos. THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP THUMP. Knock that racket off already. Plus the dude who does it looks like Flanders from the simpsons. ITS THE 2ND HALF, TIME TO REMIND THE INDIANS WHY THEY SUCK, EAT s*** INDIANS Try sitting out in the bleachers and listening to that crap all game I won't sit out there just because of him.
  20. QUOTE(JimH @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 09:37 AM) Actually the wife and I are starting a new project called winetrailsusa.com and we'll be doing a travelogue ezine which will cover many of the unique wine growing areas in the U.S. - other than the obvious ones like Napa Valley. We'll probably touch upon Michigan City when we do SW Michigan, which as you know Mike has a cluster of small wineries and is perfect for a long day trip from Chicago. Too bad that little winery on Rt. 20 closed ... although I believe there is another winery just over the Michigan border in northern Indiana. The one right off of 94 near Chesterton? Heck you are ahead of me, I thought that was still open when I drove past it a couple of weeks ago. But in general, yes there are lots of good winery's and vineyards around me and northward into Michigan. When you guys make your trip give us a call, we'll take you to a local place or two so you can check the area out.
  21. Something interesting I found to go along with China and oil... After registering double digit % increases in oil consumption for years, their second quarter oil consumption actually dropped, and not just a decrease in the rate of increase, it was a fall in consumption. http://www.nytimes.com/2005/07/14/business...agewanted=print
  22. Details are starting to emerge about the suicide bombers who perpetrated these attacks. This one was only 18 years old http://news.independent.co.uk/uk/crime/article299086.ece
  23. QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jul 13, 2005 -> 07:35 PM) Uuuuuh, thanks asswholes! We would actually need to create a whole new membership group to do that...
  24. QUOTE(Sox1422 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:58 AM) Damn JimH is there anywhere you haven't been? I want to see his review on Michigan City
  25. QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:13 AM) Find me a male blog in which the writing is and content is as clever. I hate what she says, but damn if she doesnt make me laugh while she is saying it. Come on, this girl comes up with Lego scenarios, that alone makes her a step above most blogs. She doesnt get caught up in stats and fluff and cheers her team in a society that exists in her head. If she were a Sox fan we would be hailing her as a genius. Exactly. You have to give credit where credit is due. She is funny and unique. QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 14, 2005 -> 08:21 AM) Something funnier Is this what I have to look forward to with kids :banghead

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.