Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Hermanson
QUOTE(knightni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 01:07 PM) Yes, Right here. I have a question. Is there any truth to the rumor going around that says that you "know everything"? call me silly, but I am just putting two and two together here. His balls are staying up in the zone, and his breaking pitches (splitter and the like) aren't biting anymore, along with a small drop in velocity, a couple of weeks after he misses games with a tight back. It sounds to me like his back has tightened up and he can't finish through on his pitches.
-
Hermanson
QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 04:05 AM) This talk of hermanson going through a stretch of 'tired arm'' is just insane to me. He has been a starter most of his career therefore my reasoning for thinking 20 some odd innings in over fifty games will not make his arm ''sore''. I am gonna say it is his back that is still bothering him and leave it at that. I never thought the hermanson pick-up was as good as advertised ( i honestly think his era will be over four this season and have said it all along, hope i am wrong though). I also never thought the pen was one of the top 3-5 in baseball which was being said all of this past off-season. Is it because of our ''depth'' that they are so good? Having 14 different guys that can be s***ty does not overly excite me. Oh and hernandez makes me sick watching him pitch. Bad back is still bugging him. Next question.
-
Hermanson
QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 12:00 AM) And once again, Hermanson has gotten a few saves on awesome defensive plays to end the inning. So when a pitcher gets pulled out of a game, does the defense come with him? Does no one else get the benefit of the defense?
-
Jack McKeon in Trouble
QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 12, 2005 -> 11:57 AM) A World Series title is supposed to buy you job security but only 1 and a half years? Give me a break. Ask Bob Brenley what that is worth
-
Phil Nevin doesn't rate Sox
Nice to see Frank is back for a week and is already dissing this team. Seriously, why can't he just shut up?
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 03:51 PM) From what i understand from Neal, he gets a kick out of how people overreact to stuff. He did like (I believe it was one of nuke's posts) that said someone kidnapped Neal Cotts and replaced him with a pitcher wearing a Cotts jersey. Heck if he can survive the insults from Sox fans, he can survive any hostile visiting crowd. We are just toughening him up.
-
Spyware/Adware Problems
QUOTE(aboz56 @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 04:01 PM) http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/s...re/default.mspx Best software out there right now, without a doubt. Microsofts spyware beta is sweet.
-
AND THATS A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!!!&#
QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 11, 2005 -> 12:19 AM) i even started a thread tonight about timo. i just love to see how much everyone rages on me for not hating timo. I just love to see people leave here for trolling.
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(Heads22 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 06:49 PM) If I remember right, Buehrle credits a lot of success to Wells. Did I get that straight? Yes he does. He said that lots of the mental side of pitching was taught to him by Wells.
-
AAP: Jim Bullard
As was first reported by Future Sox.com, The Bull is back off of the DL and headed back to pitch for the Barons.
-
Bull off the DL!
That is so 4 days ago... http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34868
-
Which pitching rotation was the best
1983 by a long shot. If these guys keep it up all year, then maybe they can be considered with them. Think about it, our #2 pitcher won 22 games.
-
seriously, mods I don't get it.
QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:18 PM) Preach On. And Tex's earlier 'protected by a silver spoon' ref comes from there and not Sgt. Pepper, of course. Wow, I don't know where my head is today... I was thinking Bathroom Window was on Pepper. Maybe I'm just so tired, I haven't slept a wink?
-
seriously, mods I don't get it.
QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:03 PM) Side two, Abbey Road. You say potato, I say potato...
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 03:00 PM) Ahhh, well...I guess I can't argue much with that. But, I guess the atrophy doesn't always have to happen. There can be many excuses, such as alcohol, darkness, etc. But maybe we shouldn't get into this. Haven't you ever heard of Shrinkage?
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:53 PM) Well thats because he needed TJS cant really blame him for that..... Im going with Esteban Loaiza though, he played like s*** in 2004 and than when traded to the yankees said he would finally get some run support... and at the time of the trade he was getting more run support than any other pitcher in the majors. And shoulder surgery on top of that.
-
How long have you been a Sox fan
I have a picture of me at 3 years old taking a sip of beer from my Dads cup at 3 years old in 1977 at Comiskey, so pretty much since birth
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:45 PM) Sorry Mike.. didn't mean to hurt your toes. Not a problem. The situation is fixed. Also thanks for being cool about everything Fathom
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:44 PM) Fair enough. Anyone can PM if they want to know the "rumor". Sorry mods if I caused trouble. Not a problem, thanks. I am going to delete the clues post...
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(robin_ventura_eternal @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:41 PM) do you know something i dont? tell us who! Please don't, seriously. If you guys want to PM about it go ahead, but something like this could be considered libel if it isn't true.
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
QUOTE(False Alarm @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:39 PM) not as sexy as navarro or ritchie, perhaps, but this dude did an impressive job of pissing me off in his 5 minutes on the team: http://www.baseball-reference.com/p/paniajo01.shtml Who would have thought that one middle relief appearence could turnaround a whole season
-
Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread
QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:30 PM) What could the cost be.. a couple hundred bucks for a year..? Bet I could somehow tie it into a tax deduction as well... Honestly I have no idea. I do know that I can get Kap to fix up something cheap for hosting and some bandwidth on that side of things. I am going to talk to Jim about the rest of it.
-
whose the most hated sox pitcher?
Depending on what you mean by recent, there is no person I wanted gone more than Jaime Navarro. He was a 100% prick, through and through.
-
Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread
QUOTE(JimH @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:23 PM) He could try, that's for sure. Emphasis on "try". As long as the likeness used is not copyright infringed, he's public domain. Same would be true for a t shirt that talks about impeaching a public official or something like that. Jim, whenever you get some free time, sit down and PM or email me this all together in some detail. No rush, just when you get a chance. Also if you are serious about seeding this Steff, we need to talk and get some details straight. I can do the legworkto get it going and keep it up to date, I have no problem with that. It also sounds like kyyle23 would be in it with me. Let's do this.
-
Heave the Hawk Conglomeration Thread
QUOTE(Dick Allen @ Jun 10, 2005 -> 02:20 PM) He's got to be hanging from a thread with the Sun-Times, doesn't he? I doubt it. People are still reading his crap, which means he is selling papers.