Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. http://apnews.myway.com/article/20050606/D8AI4N081.html
  2. QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 02:33 PM) The point is 2k .... that people can be bought over. I know how important the sox are to a lot of you guys. (The number of posts speaks for itself with you) to hear that money is more important to a lot of the people here was disapointing. I'm sorry I just have a great respect for 90% of this board . I would think most of everyone here would be better than that. I did notice most of the people here taking the money are broke college students or teens. Most of them don't know the value of a dollar yet. $100,000 is not a lot at all. I know I would take the money today. But that is because my wife and I are 4 months pregnant and trying to figure out how to buy a house and pay exsisting bills. Baby is definately more important than baseball, and I would imagine with many people who said they would take the money, similarly complex situations would arise with their backrounds that dictate money being more important than baseball, no matter how much they love the Sox. All I know is $100,000 would pay off basically all of our exisiting debt (we owe $65k in student loans alone) and it would make finding a nice place to live in a good area, a lot easier to do. If that disappoints you, so be it.
  3. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4572204/detail.ht...&dpswid=&dppid=
  4. http://chicagosports.chicagotribune.com/sp...tesox-headlines
  5. http://www.timesonline.co.uk/article/0,,7434-1643498,00.html
  6. Now the UK is dropping its referendum on the EU consititution as expected. http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=100...8&refer=germany
  7. http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/4611757.stm
  8. Thanks CC, that is perfect
  9. Our computer at home instead of opening Acrobat automatically to view a PDF file has taken to opening Word instead. Where do I go to switch this back for just this format of documents? Now I have to copy and paste anything, and then reopen it using acrobat if I want to view something, I can't simply view it online. Help please
  10. That's a great story. I hope he makes it on both accounts also.
  11. QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:43 PM) Kinda off topic, but Brooks related....did anyone hear him in the booth with DJ over the weekend? He was talking about some kind of Go-Cart race event coming up at the cell. Anyway, he said the idea came to them because the Sox fan demographic is the same as NASCAR's? Any idea what the specs of that demographic might be?....and is it the same as Sox fans? File this one under too easy... Drunken redneck hillbillies?
  12. QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) the sox have s*** attendence learn to live with it... what difference does it make??? the only thing that matters are the nine guys on the field... if you ever end up going to sox park you will find out it is a great place with 20k... if the sox started drawing 40k a game I would probably stop going... and if you think the $$ that 40k a game would bring in would go toward new "talent" you're nuts.. those profits are going into jerry's and his investors pockets...... All of the numbers indicate 180 degrees the opposite of your line of thinking. The Sox have operated for years at putting all increases in revenue into attendance the next season. Go back and compare their profit numbers in Forbes magazine for the last few years, and then compare their increases in payroll. They are almost dollar for dollar exactly the same. The myth of the money pocketing Reinsdorf needs to go away like the myths of the Unicorns, and intelligent Cubs fans... None of them actually exsist.
  13. QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:34 AM) theres currently is no fifty fifty i believe, if anyone is going to do it its abreu I'll go out on a limb and say that we won't see 50-50 happen in our lifetime.
  14. One of the outfielders. It is much, much easier to get OFs vs Pitching, and I don't like giving it away.
  15. http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn/conte...0600666_pf.html
  16. QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 11:38 AM) Wow! 14 more pages of attendance talk. I hope there's som new information in here somewhere. :rolly Hey Jerk, quit hijacking the attendance thread.
  17. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:41 AM) Time to cut thru the obvious hate-Thomas bulls*** in this thread. For all Jurassic lovers (I like the guy as well) he's probably more of a health risk than Thomas. Let's look at their TPA since 2002-2004: Everett 1330 vs Thomas 1601 lol. I literally got that far, when I noticed that he intentionally left out the years that would make his numbers not work out in his favor. Way to bias the sample.
  18. QUOTE(AddisonStSox @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 10:15 AM) Recruiting, as in NCAA 2004, 2005, etc. football, could be awesome in the baseball game. However, it's still awfully disappointing and I doubt I'll drop the $40+ on it. If it is $30 and a combination of MVP and the other NCAA games, I will definately pick it up. I am kind of excited actually.
  19. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/8091451/
  20. QUOTE(Yossarian @ Jun 5, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) Owned because attendance is up 11%? Let me do a little bit of math here... The Sox drew just under 2 million people to the ballpark last year. If you add 11% to that, you add about 220,000 fans for a season. I don't know in reality what the average spending is at the ballpark, but a solid guess in my mind is $50 a person (factor in ticket, parking, food, beer, etc) If you multiply those 220,000 people to $50 each you have just added $11,000,000 in revenues to the Sox. Sounds to me like another big line salary. An 11% increase is huge for the Sox.
  21. QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 09:46 AM) My great uncle, who passed recently, was on Normandy. Some very scary, but interesting stories about it. I can't imagine how terrifying it must have been. He said that the initial invasion was supposed to be the day earlier, but the weather prevented it. He also said a few people went ahead the day before, before it was cancelled (intelligence, front line types)--sounded like most didn't make it. Hats off to all of those who fought in that one. :uk I know the death rates from some of the groups was near 100%, it was suicide for many of them.
  22. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4572110/detail.ht...994&dppid=65172
  23. http://www.cnn.com/2005/US/06/06/woman.found.ap/index.html
  24. Its friendly reminder time.... Play Pick to Click http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showforum=16 And YNOT http://www.soxtalk.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=34802&st=0 remember contests are open to all, and require no sign ups. Just read the rules and post your picks for each.
  25. QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 6, 2005 -> 01:14 AM) I stopped reading right there. I was thinking the samething. One essential problem with that statement is that NONE OF US HAVE THE ABILITY TO THROW THE WORLD SERIES!!! But other than that...

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.