Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Mariotti challenges us
QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ May 16, 2005 -> 04:58 PM) Sox currently have the number 1 record in baseball but are number 23 in attendance. I'd like to see the attendance meet halfway with our current record, at the very least... The Sox attendance is already way up from last year. They are still having their best April/May attendance since 1994. Through May 16th last year they had drawn 392,434 people to the ballpark. This year with the same amount of home dates we have drawn 436,069 for an increase of 43,635. I am not sure how MLB computes average attendance but we did have two postponements by this time last year, and had two home DHs to make them up. If MLB counts those people as one date then the average for 2004 to this point was 20,654. If they count them as two dates the average drops to 18,687. So far in 2005 the Sox are averaging 22,951. On a strickly tickets sold basis, the Sox attendance is up 11.1% already. And this is with the 2004 team having already played the Yankees at USCF. As a matter of a fact, the Sox are currently only 1500 fans per game behind their entire 2004 season average, without having played the Yankees, Red Sox, and the Cubs so far. If the Sox keep up the good play, averaging 30K on the season isn't out of the question. As usual with Kotex-Boy, the sky is falling on a bright beautiful day.
-
Too many blown leads?
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 16, 2005 -> 04:38 PM) I think we should have 32 wins. Couple of those losses hurt. We can't have that many blown games, this early in the season. The thing is you can go back and find just as many games where the other team choked and gave us games that we should not have won. It goes both ways. We could easily be .500 if you looked at it that way.
-
Bulls to pursue
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:47 AM) Pax has already said that he only is going to get filler players(think of your Linton Johnson's and Ronald Dupree's) for this year because he is looking at the 2006 FA class. Don't know why considering the good players that will demand money will most likely sign back with their teams. Seriously, does anyone think Amare or Yao would sign here? I don't. Anyway, Bulls still have to resign Duhon with part of that MLE. With what Pax has said he's looking for, Kukoc(on a 1 year deal) and Antonio Daniels/Mike Ruffin(another one year deal) seem about right. Chicago is a big destination for one reason, endorsement money. Most agents want their players in one of three cities, Chicago, LA, or NYC and if the Bulls keep winning, they will come.
-
Irresponsible Journalism
QUOTE(winodj @ May 16, 2005 -> 06:24 PM) Does this mean that the So Called Liberal Media is responsible for the death of thousands of US soldiers for not adequately investigating the claims about weapons of mass destruction? Yeah that is a cute soundbyte and all, but don't doubt the power of the media. How many people died as a direct result of the media playing messages of hate for the Tutsis, and inflaming the Hutus to kill them in the Rwandan genocide in 1994? Is the guy who gives a monkey a gun responsible at all when the monkey shoots someone with it?
-
When the hell do we start worrying about Konerko??
QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ May 17, 2005 -> 01:34 AM) Actually working for Crede though. He's at least getting a hit or on base once a game if not more. PK is an automatic out. I was at the game with some of my friends. In the 8th they were chanting Paulie!!! with the rest of the crow. I said, "STFU, Paulie hasn't done jack all year and he ain't starting now. Also, whenever people start that stupid chant, he does jacks*** the rest of the way, usually a rally killing DP or strikeout. Then some of my friends kept cheering and I bet one of my friends next to me that he would end up getting an out. And he did. Now that is a fan. Way to revel in your teams failure. Why would that make you feel good at all? I don't get it.
-
When the hell do we start worrying about Konerko??
QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:34 PM) The constant strikeouts are the most disturbing trend. Watching fastballs down the middle of the plate with the game on the line for strike three is unacceptable. Thanks Mr Obvious, you're a lifesaver Like Konerko is thinking, "oh shoot a fastball, nah I don't want to swing at that pitch down the middle. Nope, I am going to wait for the slider in the dirt, I can really crush that pitch"
-
THE SKY IS FALLING, THE SKY IS FALLING
Go ahead, get it all out of your systems right here...
-
Happy Birthday Cerbaho
One more year until the big boys table.... Happy Birthday dude
-
Too many blown leads?
QUOTE(jimb408 @ May 16, 2005 -> 03:05 PM) I was just wondering, we've had leads in 37 out of 38 games, we have 27 wins - that means that we have blown leads in 10 games this year. That's not very good. We should have at least 32 wins. Am I crazy for feeling this way? Out of those leads I think 16 of them were gotten in the first inning, which means that we are up 1-0 a lot of times most likely. It isn't like we have blown 10 leads in the 9th inning... there is a big difference.
-
Offensive Offense
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:06 PM) I agree with this 110% (keeping in mind that I am a huge PK fan when I say I agree that he needs to be benched for a little while at least). The problem is that we have no first basemen on this roster. Pauly is our 1B until Gload gets back.
-
Mariotti challenges us
QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ May 16, 2005 -> 02:04 PM) I was at the game with Brian and his family (a group of 12 total). Keep in mind Brian is not a Sox fan (I think I am starting to get him to cheer for the Sox as I can hear the game in the garage occasionally and he seems to be saying quite a few positive things about the team). During the game he looked around and said that he thought it was packed - that took a lot to come from him lol. I don't know what the attendance was yesterday as FMIL made us leave in the beginning of the 8th (she was driving his sister and us so we had to go when she said so lol). 34,030, including 8 of us, and my moms first game since 1977
-
Mariotti challenges us
QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 01:52 PM) LMAO at you and 01!! I'm sure Brian will be dialing as well. *Ahem*
-
Questions for Tyler Lumsden
Has the success of a guy like Brandon McCarthy put anymore pressure on you to succeed quickly? Mike Michigan City, IN
-
Cancelled, Renewed, and Picked Up
For me, my must watch shows, besides the Sox are very few. ER The Office Scrubs Law & Order and L&O SVU Fox Sunday nites...(Simpsons, Malcom, AD, Family Guy, King of the Hill etc)
-
Get ready for Carl in the OF
QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:01 PM) After talking to him at SF I have to admit I am much more comfortable with him out there than I was thinking about him out there over the winter. Mike.. you have any thoughts on him pre/post fest..? After seeing him at the fest I felt 100% better about him being on this team. And so far his numbers have borne that out. He was embarassed after last year, and rightfully so. His game looks better all around when compared to 2004. As of right now, I am ready to try him out there. Besides it isn't like Dye has been doing something awesome out in the field either to say that he needs to stay out in RF everyday.
-
N Shimizu want to go the Sox
QUOTE(EvilJester99 @ May 16, 2005 -> 12:00 PM) Some jackass would start a thread about the continued downfall of Buehrle... oh wait!!
-
Cancelled, Renewed, and Picked Up
QUOTE(robinventura23 @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:35 AM) I may one of those rare TV buffs who never really "got" Arrested Development. But I'm glad it's bad for all those who enjoy it. Personally, I'm glad "Scrubs" will be back. Now, if only NBC can stop moving it around the schedule. Scrubs and The Office back to back is the best night of comedies outside of Fox Sunday nites.
-
WhiteSoxFan5644
QUOTE(santo=dorf @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:52 AM) Well I never talked to him before, so maybe he just putn everybody on Soxtalk that has AIM on his buddy list. Lots of those viruses go through friend of friends lists, so that they disguise themselves.
-
Get ready for Carl in the OF
Looking at what Carl has hit, and what Dye has hit, you almost have to give it a chance.
-
Is it just me..
QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) That's how Jim deals with me.. Yeah but that has nothing to do with the Sox
-
Crawling Out of The Woodwork
There is always a period of hibernation during the winter, but you are right, there are a lot of faces, new and old, appearing around here. .
-
World Cup Baseball tournament
QUOTE(WHarris1 @ May 14, 2005 -> 12:40 PM) I would imagine the World Cup type thing would have a tougher steroid program than the MLB. If healthy could we see Frank repping the US? Hopefully they have an olympic style testing program, since it will be an internationally sanctioned event. 2 year bans could really put the pressure on MLB even moreso.
-
GARCIA HAS NO BALLS!!!!!
QUOTE(aboz56 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:05 AM) He was hard to defend last year when he had a 5.65 ERA over the ENTIRE season. Defend that! Mike Jackson.
-
meeting the players
QUOTE(Steff @ May 16, 2005 -> 11:14 AM) Yea.. now that I am thinking about it.. I remember getting there right from work downtown in '96 and '97 and watching them. Maybe it would be something they would reconsider doing if there was fan request for it. Exactly... it was one of those attempts to draw back people after the strike.
-
meeting the players
QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ May 16, 2005 -> 10:50 AM) Willie Harris True MVPs like Willie don't need BP.