Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin
  • Joined

  • Last visited

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 04:30 PM) If Hendry wants to give up Guzman for Ozuna... Ok, time for me to wake up now. :banghead I am really getting the feeling that something is up with Guzman. He keeps getting hurt, and was given no chance to make the Cubs out of Spring Training this year. Now Hendry is trying to trade him for Uribina? I think we might be looking at a bust folks.
  2. QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:37 PM) A couple days ago I swapped a couple emails with her and invited her to the Visitors Clubhouse, but she declined. She sounded funny as can be and I'll bet would be a forum favorite if she was A. A White Sox Fan B. Posted here It totally agree with you. Her sense of humor is unique, she obviously is pretty sharp, and has some good baseball knowledge. You guys would be slobbering all over her if she was A&B.
  3. southsider2k5 replied to YASNY's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Texsox @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 08:09 AM) I just hope some positive change comes out of all this. We have to produce food in the US and we cannot take a huge increase in our food bill, without crippling an economy that is already stressed by $2 gas. I am thankful that at least one GOPer, our President, understands this. The more I think about that arguement, the more it is strange to me. It would cost us money, so we shouldn't do it. Heck if that is the case, we need to go around the nursing homes and pull some plugs, because my health care costs too much... And we should never fight a war, because wars are really expensive... and we need to build a lot more houses around me, because the ones that are there are too expensive... and we need more Wal-Marts because the local dude is charging me too much for toothpaste etc.
  4. southsider2k5 replied to sec159row2's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:33 AM) we had a pool going on the pope's new name. Somehow I think Pope Wino was pretty long odds.
  5. QUOTE(winodj @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 12:30 AM) GVSU has kind of a crappy campus in my opinion. Rutgers has a nice campus in the middle of a crappy city (New Brunswick) Grand Valley had a nice indoor track facility FWIW...
  6. This should be a good ballpark for Freddy. It is an excellent fly ball pitchers park. But we will see if Garcia can reverse his night time problems...
  7. QUOTE(qwerty @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 10:54 PM) Brewers fans won't i can tell you that much. He misreads balls all the time, gets bad jumps too, he does make up for it most times with his speed... but he cannot be classified a good fielder. Not to mention he throws like a crosseyed hunchback with a limp.
  8. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 09:21 PM) "Jenny Jenny, who can I turn to?" "Jenny I got your number, I need to make you mine" The sad thing is how many people here that probably have never heard of Jenny
  9. Happy Birthday Jason, I hope its a great one. Can't wait to raise a couple with you at the next tailgate.
  10. QUOTE(MurcieOne @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 11:09 PM) My Death list is as follows. 1. Jason 2. Jason 3. Mario 4. Goldmember 5. Sideshowapu 6. Aboz 7. SS2k5 ......no wait thats my list of men i want to spoon with.... I always mix those two up! How am I not #1 on either list??? We are so over.
  11. QUOTE(JimH @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 07:15 PM) quickman Me>quickman>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Bevington
  12. QUOTE(quickman @ Apr 22, 2005 -> 07:25 AM) I feel as if I am having an effect on you As you can tell, hypocracy touches a nerve with me.
  13. Lest we forget, Ozzie Guillen went out of his way to complement Magglio Ordonez before this series started. Magglio isn't even with his team for this series, but as usual, Magglio "they hurt my feelings" Ordonez STILL has more s*** to say. He actually had to go out of his way to attack Ozzie this time. Granted, I am not a big fan of Ozzie's big ass mouth, but he has every right to fire back when ignorance gets spewed about him. Hell Maggs is probably lucky he wasn't there or Ozzie would have killed him, all of the while Maggs cried for his mommy. Magglio Ordonez got $75 million to be a Detroit Tiger. He turned down every offer the Sox gave him, even after he was injured the Sox did not take their best offer off of the table for a considerable period of time. The Sox couldn't afford to wait for Maggs to make up his mind, like they did with Robin Ventura, and instead end up with an inferior player at a key position. Instead they changed their focus to making sure they had a team that could win in 2005. Kenny Williams was doing his job. I am not quite sure where Maggs thinks he was wronged in all of this, but once Maggs turned down their final offer, lied to the team, and refused to have his medical info shared with the team, what exactly did Maggs think the team was supposed to do? The only people who were wronged in this process were the fans of Maggs who thought he was a decent, honest, and friendly person. All of the People he suckered, who bought their Maggs jersies based on his warm smile and his act that he wasn't Sammy. Ordonez is a greedy self-absorbed scumbag, who karma is smashing over the head. Good for Ozzie. Let him set the record straight. Hell I hope Kenny Williams comes out next and lays out every detail of their dealings and lies from Magglio. Put it all out of the table. The Sox have tried for 6 months now to let this die. If Maggs doesn't want it to die, finish it-right here and right now. And finally, it is really sad when the ex-star Chicago right fielder who we all trashed for being a self-centered egotistical greedy prick, has said less about his old team, than the one we thought was Mr Nice-Guy. I'd say go to hell Maggs, but you already signed a 5 year deal to be a Detroit Tiger
  14. QUOTE(Be Good @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 06:11 PM) Under my time: Ozzie Guillen, no brainer. The only other choices would be Manuel or Bevington Terry Bevington is not a choice. He was the worst manager I have seen, period.
  15. QUOTE(southsideirish @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 05:57 PM) I agree with you SS2K5, but can't we do something about this? What if we as a board posted some things about ballpark etiquette. Maybe this board can help educate the younger generation. We can't help the casual fan here, but we can help the younger ones and they can teach their friends. I am very shocked at the posts on this board and thought that our fans had more consideration for others. I guess I was wrong. To some extent we do try to educate our fans. We just had a long thread about throwing balls back, and we have had plenty of other similar threads. I know I try to do what I can to not ruin someone elses experience, but so many people are just so self-absorbed it doesn't matter. Hopefully some of our youger ilk will read this and pick up something, but I have no doubt next time I go to the ballpark some drunk dumbass will get up 16 times to pee, because he had to have 10 beers at the ballpark. And he definatley won't care if the game is going on when the urge hits him. Its just water of my back, because I know there is no point in getting upset about it, and letting affect my day at the ballpark.
  16. Welcome to the 21st century SSI. People don't give up their seats for the elderly, cars drive in the leftlane at 50, people talk on cellphones at the movies, and not many people know what hockey rules are when it comes to seating areas at sporting events. This isn't a USCF thing, its an American society thing. It happens everywhere, everyday, and it isn't going to go away. People are inconsiderate of everyone but themselves.
  17. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:14 PM) http://www.cbc.ca/story/world/national/200...enna050421.html D'oh I misread the quoting on that.
  18. QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 03:03 PM) That the error was made? From the story Sounds like it was on Fox News to me.
  19. DE-TROIT SUCKS DE-TROIT SUCKS DE-TROIT SUCKS
  20. That is so awesome. Kobe got exactly what he deserved. You don't force the trade of one of the best players in the game, no matter how big your ego is.
  21. http://www.nbc5.com/news/4402262/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
  22. Tied 1-1 after two innings complete
  23. QUOTE(longshot7 @ Apr 21, 2005 -> 12:41 PM) What happened in the top of the 2nd where Crede was forced at second yet Pods makes it there safe? Crede was caught in a rundown, Pods hustled into 2nd behind the play.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.