Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. QUOTE(rangercal @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 05:51 PM) adkins looked awfully good today Can't argue with that at all. Personally I would be thrilled if he was the last RHP in the pen instead of Politte.
  2. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 04:02 PM) There's a clear pattern in this thread when it comes to Burke. Since you can't make an argument based on any REAL numbers you continue to denegrade the man on the believe that in your opinion there's no such thing as a late bloomer. The only fact you have to support your argument is how long it took Burke to crack the ML's & the ChiSox treatment of him since. How do I know he has a better arm? Because I'VE SEEN HIM PLAY. I'VE SEEN HIM THROW. I've likewise seen Widger & he has a hard time getting rid of the ball. I've not seen enough of Widger in defense of in the dirt pitches to claim he's any better than Burke in that regards. But if he is then I could buy that as a strong argument: Contreras, El Duque, Marte, & Shingo are notorious for wild pitches. How about some real statistics in regard to Mark Buehrle. MB is at the top of major league baseball along with Andy Pettite every stinking year in the number of runners picked off, and of the lowest basestealing percentage against. They are also both the leaders in having the fewest stealing attempts against. Its an easy leap to connect the dots here. MB picks off a lot of runners. Runners stay closer to first base. Lots of runners who are "picked-off" turn out to be guys who go on first movement, which lots of time for MB is a throw to first base, which results in an easy CS for the IFers. Also the brave runners who wait the extra half second to make sure that MB is indeed in his motion before breaking to second base are losing critical time needed to steal second base, making the chances that even a crappy catcher can throw them out, much higher. Thus if someone is MB's personal catcher the fact that they have these built in advantages to throwing out runners, it is a logical conclusion that they will throw out a higher percentage of runners trying to steal. Instead someone who catches the rest of the staff, which includes all RHP who inherently have a disadvantage keeping runners closer to 1B, which gives the runners an extra critical step towards second base, which goes to reason that they will be successful more often. These catchers will also be ran on more often, because the baserunners know they have a better chance of stealing against them, which will also skew the CS% numbers down for the catcher who is trying to get them out. Now what is so difficult about that?
  3. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 07:03 PM) Well, I will always love you SS2K5. We'll have that put on the card
  4. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 04:24 PM) I think I'm going to kill myself if I see you post any more stats. Its been nice knowing you. Would you like us to take up a collection and send you flowers from Soxtalk.com?
  5. QUOTE(JUGGERNAUT @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 03:16 PM) Burke has the better arm. His CS% is nearly twice Widgers over the past 3 yrs. Both of them have played about the same number of games in that time. Widger has never handled this staff in a ML game. Burke has. I remain unconvinced but appreciate your effort Being Mark Buehrle's catcher kinda skews that stat package.
  6. I'm usually not one for bumping threads, but many people requested this for the *Official* Opening Day thread, so I am going to pin this. 5 days and counting, I can't wait!!!
  7. QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:47 PM) Amen to that. I don't even think Wimpy was that great of a color guy, but he had great chemistry with Hawk. I miss those two together. No doubt about it. What its TP doing now? Last I knew he was doing fill in work, has he caught on anywhere?
  8. Back to the game... what is the score and inning, please
  9. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:22 PM) The guy that many people here wanted to trade for this offseason -- Javier Vasquez. I am guessing the fact that he didn't want to come here is part of the motivation to kick his ass today. Just a hunch.
  10. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:16 PM) Carl is going to have a huge season. He's always had the swing but now he's actually in shape. He is motivated after looking fat and worthless last year. Let's hope he can keep it up at least as long as Frank is out.
  11. . 3-0 Sox, this is the top of the first right?
  12. QUOTE(jphat007 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 02:02 PM) Hawk and Ed Farmer in the booth. That should be interesting. Ouch, is their room enough in the booth for both of those egos?
  13. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/7335965/
  14. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:32 PM) I was there 2 years ago on opening day against Detroit! Me too. 2 hours of downpour and wind. That was one for the ages.
  15. QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:06 PM) Why does the organization s*** on Jaimie so much? He has proven himself numerous times in the big leagues. You might want to rethink that one. Jaime Burke has 5 ML at bats that were not with the White Sox. The Sox are the one team that has given him a real chance at the majors. And as for "proving" himself, Jaime got 120 ABs last year, which was 10 times the ABs he had ever had in a season. I would hardly call him proven with a career total of ABs that is just barely past the number that would lose him his rookie status.
  16. QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 01:03 PM) Ozzie couldn't break the news? Isn't that part of a manager's job? KW is the one reassigning him... Let him tell him!
  17. QUOTE(Jabroni @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:58 PM) He never had a shot anyways. He's still on the active roster, which led to some whispers that if we had taken 12 pitchers he could have been it. Diaz actually lasted longer than Adkins.
  18. The spin of the ball is the opposite, and it throws players. Some can handle it, many can't. Also LF is usually your weakest arm, as they want someone in RF who can stop a runner from going from 1st to 3rd on a basehit.
  19. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:51 PM) I would love some loyalty, you can still get tickets whenever you want from guys on the street, but it would be better if we could jsut sell out these games. It will sell out, I am not worried.
  20. Which means we will carry 11 pitchers for sure now. Felix Diaz, your plane to Charlotte is now boarding.
  21. QUOTE(RockRaines @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:42 PM) I was under the impression that we hadnt bought his contract, so if he didnt send him up, he would be able to be bought out by other teams. Actually IIRC we have some kind of an understanding with him, where if we have not called him up by a certian date, he can request us to release him.
  22. QUOTE(T R U @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:31 PM) Haha, my bad, I didnt mean to rub it in That's all right, we'll get to laugh in August when it is 100 degrees and humid everyday.
  23. southsider2k5 replied to DBAHO's topic in SLaM
    QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 30, 2005 -> 12:36 PM) I just threw up a little. I think I just threw up a lot :puke

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.