Skip to content
View in the app

A better way to browse. Learn more.

Soxtalk.com

A full-screen app on your home screen with push notifications, badges and more.

To install this app on iOS and iPadOS
  1. Tap the Share icon in Safari
  2. Scroll the menu and tap Add to Home Screen.
  3. Tap Add in the top-right corner.
To install this app on Android
  1. Tap the 3-dot menu (⋮) in the top-right corner of the browser.
  2. Tap Add to Home screen or Install app.
  3. Confirm by tapping Install.

southsider2k5

Admin

Everything posted by southsider2k5

  1. Stop this roller coaster, I want to get off!!! Wow, what a change of events. I guess this goes to reenforce what some of us were talking about with the speculating getting people in trouble, huh?
  2. southsider2k5 replied to TLAK's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 09:07 PM) Another thing wearing thin is the Joanie and the slide comercial they seem to play every half inning and every pitching change. If I were on that slide, and she gave me the don't make me come up there line, I would beg her to come up, that way I could beat her curly lipped ass.
  3. QUOTE(TLAK @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 08:26 PM) On the good side, from the age 3 or so children can be trained to get beers from the fridge for dad. Mine was very proud of herself at first but tired of it after about 20 years. I've also heard they are great for autographs and free baseballs from players
  4. southsider2k5 replied to TLAK's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:26 PM) At least Ed has something intelligent to say. Farmer might be a moody dude, but he doesn't pull punches and I can respect him for that.
  5. southsider2k5 replied to TLAK's topic in Pale Hose Talk
    QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:23 PM) He also repeats the same thing over and over if you listen to him very often. See Soxfest 2005 and his dumb comments about how many home runs the Sox hit compared to the Yankees, yada yada yada. That was the worst. He had his 3 points that he was going to make, and he did nothing but repeat them ad naseum. He was the worst part of Soxfest, besides Farmers outfits.
  6. QUOTE(qwerty @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:15 PM) I think we need some statistics and logic to back that one up...
  7. QUOTE(Heads22 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 07:13 PM) I have NEVER talked with anyone associated with the organization that is as nice or is as big a class act as Baj. Not only do the Sox have a promising player in him, they have one hell of a guy. You can't forget about Bull..., but I definately agree with you on all accounts.
  8. QUOTE(thelatinoheat_30 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:40 PM) just saw on comcast that rowand was in a single A game today(to work on a hip flexor injury) and got hit by a pitch on the shoulder. he now has a contussion, dunno what that means and that's all they said on it. He has a bruise on his shoulder in other words. He might need a day or two off, but he should be fine.
  9. Happy Birthday ManHands
  10. Canada like Wolfy
  11. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:08 PM) I doubt you'd ever hear Hawk rip Borchard, even if he was traded, just my two cents. I think he geniunely wants to see the guy succeed and I'm pretty sure he likes Borch off the field. The same cannot be said for others who have left the organization. Same goes for KW in this situation. I definately wasn't referring to Joe, just Hawks character in general. I have not heard anyone say anything bad about Joe the person, or his work ethic.
  12. QUOTE(FlaSoxxJim @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 04:37 PM) My 5-year old boy has simultaneously entered his superhero phase and his penis phase, and it's made for some fine entertainment. He and his older sister were playing superheroes the other day and he just out of the blue blurts out "The power of the universe is in my penis!" Needless to say, my wife assumes this is all my fault somehow... Your 5 year old is the coolest kid ever!!!!
  13. QUOTE(aboz56 @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 06:04 PM) That is the observation that KW made the other day in the booth as well as Hawk. However I don't take much consideration into what Hawk says because he never rips any Sox player. One reason Borchard has gotten a longer leash than most is that he does whatever is asked of him and works as hard, if not harder, than anyone in the organization. The guy is a class act, on and off the field, even if he hasn't gotten the results that everyone, including Borchard, expected. Not until they leave anyway... then the knives come out.
  14. It depends... how's that for an answer? It all depends on what the peripherals do. Personally I think MB will be harder to replace, but Brandon could prove us all wrong. And with the spring Carl is having, the loss of Frank could be muted as well.
  15. How many PPG did Maggette average when he was a #13 pick?
  16. QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:51 PM) Right now? This moment? I don't know if they were out there today, but there were out there at the end of last week.
  17. QUOTE(Kalapse @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:35 PM) God Robin is quiet. Your first time on the air is brutal. You don't want to say something stupid, so you do something even worse and say nothing.
  18. Can anyone do PBP? The game isn't on the radio.
  19. QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 02:12 PM) Well, is that not how a long shot is defined? What are we supposed to go by the baseball "experts" who are picking us 3rd also? Same scenario. I would tend to believe what the "experts" say way more than the influence of a bunch of lemmings. Its the same idea that makes it appear that Nsync was a good band because they sold more records than about anyone else.
  20. For all who are interested join ASAP. The draft time seemed like the best one that the most people were off. There are no Saturday times, Sunday at 9 am, and the weekdays only have times before 4 pm. If we can;t get enough people, we can always do an autodraft if we have to do so. Sign up if you like, PM or post any questions. If we don't have enough realistic interest, I'll just delete the league.
  21. QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:58 PM) Life as you know it has ceased to exist. Its been 2 weeks and a day since we found out initally, and it has already begun.
  22. QUOTE(Goldmember @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:54 PM) do what i did for football, create multiple usernames (had 4 )... will create league. im a noob to fantasy baseball so will basically keep yahoo defaults so if people want things changed then just post so. or hook me up on aim/yim... Oh yeah, duh
  23. QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 21, 2005 -> 01:51 PM) First I hear about Buerhle, now you remnind me that my kid's gonna be a TEENAGED GIRL someday waaaaay too soon.....you tryin' to KILL ME?????? Just enjoying every minute right now. Not thinking about that other stuff.... Wait you mean that kids are work? Why didn't anyone tell me this before???
  24. Off topic... Anyone have any idea what # Bmac will sport for the Sox this year??? I think I am going to look into getting a jersey done.

Account

Navigation

Search

Search

Configure browser push notifications

Chrome (Android)
  1. Tap the lock icon next to the address bar.
  2. Tap Permissions → Notifications.
  3. Adjust your preference.
Chrome (Desktop)
  1. Click the padlock icon in the address bar.
  2. Select Site settings.
  3. Find Notifications and adjust your preference.