Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
Steve Stone Joining White Sox Broadcast Tomorrow
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 12:45 PM) I disagree. I think both of these guys are professional. I also think they'd respect each others baseball knowledge. I tend to agree with YAS here. I think part of Hawk's problem the last few years is that he hasn't been challenged and he is just bored senseless in the booth at times. I think Hawk would thrive with someone like Stone who can make anyone look better. Hell he carried Chip and Harry for years. I think Hawk is a big enough baseball fan that he could check his ego at the door, because it would be best for the face of the White Sox, which seems to be what matters most to Harrelson. He will do anything for this team, and he knows that Steve Stone would be a coup for the Sox.
-
10 questions for Kenny
http://www.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb/news/article...t=.jsp&c_id=cws
-
Bruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuce
No doubt he deserved it.
-
Steve Stone Joining White Sox Broadcast Tomorrow
Hawk+Stone= best TV broadcast in baseball.
-
Question on buying a house
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 12:20 PM) Again, IIRC it was below the reporting threshhold. I'm not nearly smart enough to do my own taxes beyond, please sign here and give me a check. That's why I buy "Tax Cut" from HR Block every year. Thanks though.
-
*Official* Steroid Thread
Congress is threatening comtempt for people who don't show up to testify. http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050313/...ONGRESS-DC.html
-
Question on buying a house
QUOTE(Kid Gleason @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:55 AM) I'm guessing that is Tex's Blog??? Very cool news there! Congrats! Nope, SS is Mike, right? Heck, I knew that. Whoever the heck of you is having a kid! CONGRATS!!! LOL!!! Nope that's my blog. There were some people (Tex included) who knew what was going on before everyone else did, because there were some nervous times before we got the ultrasound results. We didn't want to tell too many people before we knew everything was OK.
-
Psyched about the future
QUOTE(Melissa1334 @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:51 AM) i agree, i dont know if u's saw him yeasterday but he was so bad...i was like who the hell is this crappy ass pitcher. >Jeez, i think bmac will pan out to, but everyones raving about him, saying how good hes pitched.....he only pitched in 5.1 innings- in spring training! Its not just the 5 1/3 innings he has pitched this spring. Go back and look at the domination he has had in the minors. Brandon led all of the minors with his 202 Ks last year. He also was 17-6 with a ridiculous K/BB ratio. Plus his mental make up is 10 years past his age. He is smart, confident, talented, and an all around great guy.
-
Woman kills boyfriend over Uno/Monopoly games
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:43 AM) Have you played Scrabble with her before? I swear she makes up words like that. She was a Micro Biology Major. She knows I don't know all those words. Me play scrabble? Have you seen my spelling on here? Besides Ang was premed and a 4.0 student in it to boot. She'd bury me. I prefer NTN instead
-
Question on buying a house
And I just realized why Tex said what he did... . For those who do not know the big news, check the blog http://boringtheworld.blogspot.com/2005/03...te-finally.html
-
Shingo's New Pitch
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 11:26 AM) "Ah luuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuv spell check........" DOH! :banghead
-
Question on buying a house
QUOTE(Texsox @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 10:56 AM) IIRC, I reported it as a gift, along with a notorized statement. Spring, a great time to look at houses, I wonder why :rolly Did you claim it on your taxes as well then?
-
Woman kills boyfriend over Uno/Monopoly games
QUOTE(mreye @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 10:51 AM) Next time my wife asks me if I want to play Scrabble: "Yes, dear, that would be great!" And "Oh yeah alknvsporngpoang, is a word, most definately honey"
-
Question on buying a house
For those who have been down the road before... It looks like my in-laws might be helping us with the down payment to buy a house. I have heard that you are not allowed to get a loan for a down payment (which it wouldn't be) but you have to prove where you get money from if large sums of money show up in your accounts. My question is how do you "hide" the money? Is there a way around it? I have learned a few things about home buying I didn't know, but do people have other tips in general? This will be our first place.
-
Woman kills boyfriend over Uno/Monopoly games
http://www.nbc5.com/news/4281749/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
-
Study on election news coverage bias
http://reuters.myway.com/article/20050314/...-REPORT-DC.html
-
AOL quietly changes AIM TOS
http://www.eweek.com/article2/0,1759,1775649,00.asp
-
Indiana shutout???
Wow 1972, that is amazing. With the tournament history the state of Indiana has, that is pretty amazing. No Butler, no Valpo, no ND, no IU, no Purdue, no Evansville, no ISU, no IUPUI. Wow.
-
3 dead in courtroom shootout
Wow was this dude out of his mind. He was convinced that the woman he held hostage was an angel and that is why he untied her and let her go. There is some really bizzare conversations that took place http://www.cnn.com/2005/LAW/03/13/atlanta....ting/index.html One more interesting thing that I heard this morning on the radio in the midst of all of the controversy over the safety of judges, is that in the history of the US only 3 federal judges have ever been murdered, and the Lefkow murders were the first time ever that a federal judges family was murdered.
-
Indiana shutout???
I just noticed something. The entire state of Indiana didn't send a team to the NCAA tournament. Anyone know the last time that happened? I sure can't think of it.
-
March 14 2005 Cubs vs Sox spring training game
:fthecubs
-
Sox Sign Jeremy Giambi
QUOTE(YASNY @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 06:20 AM) From Doug Padilla of the Sun-Times: Even though MLB wants to pretend they had a blind eye and didn't know that steroids were as prevelent as they are, here is proof to the contrary. Giambi had no ties to the Sox, yet KW got assurances from Tellum before signing Giambi. So, it is very easy to come to the conclusion that Jeremy Giambi's steroid use was well known throughout baseball. If it wasn't, why would KW ask about them? Yeah, at very least there are guilt by associations going on here. I like the fact that Tellum stuck up for the guy. There might not be a better agent-owner relationship on the Sox than what Tellum has with this team. Hopefully that means something good. It also makes sense why the Sox are giving this guy a chance. This is a favor to Tellum, no doubt.
-
The Official Pablo Ozuna Bandwagon!
Pablo has looked solid this year, and I will be really interested to see if he can carry it over to when they start seeing more major league pitchers as camp wears on. Regardless, he looks like a fine 25th man.
-
Lofty Expectations
QUOTE(munchman33 @ Mar 13, 2005 -> 08:43 PM) Well, based on the fact that Contreras has never had a losing season, I'd say your pessimism is more trolling than anything. DBAH0 trolling? Now I have heard everything.
-
Shingo's New Pitch
QUOTE(The Critic @ Mar 14, 2005 -> 01:14 AM) I'm not surprised, there are a lot of stunningly attractive people in their 40s. ( FUN FACT: Did you know......The Critic is 41 years old? ) And coincidentally not attactive