Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
30 years of D&D
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/10/16/dung...s.ap/index.html
-
As much as Valentin has to go...
They had to put screws in his elbow to stabalize it.
-
Red Cubs Look Like Shit
Nope the all-star game determines home field...
-
Mike Lowell to be traded?
Yeah... But I can remember the George Brett era
-
Newbie
Welcome to Soxtalk!!!
-
2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2004/writ.../02/hombre.rix/ Yeah I spelled it wrong... but Rix was 0-5 against the Canes in his career. He lost all 4 regular games, and a bowl game vs Miami. This was a write up from before this years game, which made him 0-5.
-
Older Soxfest Threads
Lotta Sox fans period. I have never made reservations this early, and I have always got the regular two night rate of $239. This is going to cost an extra $40.
-
2004 College Football Trash Talk Thread
Maybe now that Ricks can't go 0-6, they can beat Miami next year...
-
Red Cubs Look Like Shit
I've seen better pitching in my slow pitch softball league
-
Mike Lowell to be traded?
As a matter of a fact ticket prices have increased about 40% since 1999, according to the same web site. 1999 average ticket price $15.04 2004 average ticket price $21.56
-
Mike Lowell to be traded?
um 5 years ago is the late 90's dude. Look down this page there is an XLS chart of all baseball teams payroll since 1977. 1999 the Sox payroll was about $25 million 2000 the Sox payroll was about $35 million 2004 the Sox payroll was about $65 million all according to the same site. So according to that math, ticket prices had to go up by 250ish% to match the payroll increases. At worst ticket prices have about doubled (or a 100% gain) since that time. http://roadsidephotos.com/baseball/data.htm
-
What happened between JR and Boras?
Yes, good call. I knew there was someone else I couldn't remember. Weaver refused to sign with us too.
-
Older Soxfest Threads
Update. They are out of the cheapest rooms for the two night package. The two nights start at $15 a night more now. Damn that filled up fast.
-
70,000 dead in Sudan
I think it is probably more than that also. And still no front page news. There are headlines for Iraq, and suicide bombings/ excursions in Israel, but at least 70,000 people dead in genocide is worth nothing.
-
Kris Honel Article
Its nice to see Kris is on the comeback trail. If he could get it together, it would give us another arm that is closer to the majors.
-
What happened between JR and Boras?
Something to do with their contract offer vs other teams... I can't remember the details now, I just remember the dirty pool.
-
Mike Lowell to be traded?
I would go back and look at the Sox payroll in the late 90's and today, and try that statement again.
-
What happened between JR and Boras?
Bobby Hill was one. Borass pulled a stunt to get top pick Bobby Seay declared a free agent. He also lied to him while we were making a run at ARod. I know there are others I can't recall right now.
-
The truth seeps out of the Trib finally
Exactly. The man lies to teams about other "offers" he has ala ARod. What makes you think he is telling the truth here when it comes to a clients value? Answer, he isn't. How come Maggs story has changed for a 3rd time now? Like I said at the beginning of all of this, if he was healthy all he has to do it invite the media to a practice. And he still hasn't done it. GMAFB Borass.
-
Sinclair Broadcasting...
Personally I think neither of them should be shown. I think they are both blatantly partisian attempt to grab cheap votes at the end of a nasty election cycle. If people really want to know what is going on they should try to do some research instead of watching a movie that could influence their opinion while ignorant of anything else. And it would be just like Americans to have that happen. This is a country that has people like Mancow and Rush telling them what think, and not seeing a problem with that.
-
Jermaine Dye and Cristian Guzman
Bob Wickman would be PERFECT for the Sox pen. If they got him, the pen would be set as far as I am concerned.
-
Sinclair Broadcasting...
So why can't they just turn it off? I really don't get how one is a big deal, and the other one isn't... except for one is good for one guy, and one is bad for him.
-
Sinclair Broadcasting...
Then by that logic a TV station running something like that shouldn't be a big deal because they can just turn it off if they don't want to watch it. Even better it isn't an institiution funded by tax payers that is financing it. So no one should have a problem with a TV network running propaganda before an election.
-
Gotta Show it Off
This is going to the Roadhouse
-
Snakehead caught at Burnham Harbor
Yeah they can be out of water for days, and still move around.