Everything posted by southsider2k5
-
'05 Josh Fields
The other big part of my theory is, it is much easier to promote an overachiever, than it is to demote an underachiever. If Fields is hitting .400 at the end of April in WS it is much easier to send him up to Bham, then to have him hitting .100 at AA and trying to figure out what to do with him.
-
Halfway to St Paddy's day Game thread
I'll be there tonight to get my free green hat
-
Baseball Prospectus examines
While no one else was watching Ben Davis has slumped considerably back towards earth. Are we still feeling as secure about our catching position?
-
Miss America
I prefer the Miss Universe myself.... you might need to be a little careful viewing. http://story.news.yahoo.com/news?tmpl=stor...wd4f42o6_photo0
-
9 drugs found in Rick James body
http://www.cnn.com/2004/SHOWBIZ/Music/09/1...reut/index.html
-
Yoda's Film Reviews
I take it the Star Wars movies are BIG thumbs up Sounds like a cool idea, good luck
-
Sox VS Twins 9/16 Gamethread
So I guess this means we get to see Munoz and Baj tonight on the bright side...
-
Bears sign Jenkins; Waive Joe
Which is still infinately higher than what Joe did
-
Is anyone else waking up at 7am?
Well he's not the the badass mail clerk with a heart of gold for nothing...
- Best.eBay.Store.Eva.
-
Is anyone else waking up at 7am?
I'll be at work at 7am
-
What should the Sox focus on getting....
I vote hookers, so maybe some of these guys will loosen up a litte bit!
-
Sox Fans NFL Pix thread
???? Its working for me
-
'05 Josh Fields
WS for me. He struggled there at first, but then responded to hit well. Lets make sure he mastered High A first, then send him to BHam at midseason if he is hitting well.
-
Vocabulary Question
Holy s***, I spelled it right
-
Vocabulary Question
Quadrennial I believe... my spelling might be bad, but I think that is it.
-
Soooo...
All you had to do was ask. There would have been a line of people down Van Burean ready to oblige you
-
Week 2 NFL Picks
A real quick and easy way to do it is to cut and paste Spiff's list and then just delete the teams that you aren't picking. It took me under a couple of minutes, instead of taking the time to type everything out.
-
Week 2 NFL Picks
Saints Redskins Broncos Steelers Falcons Lions Packers Titans Chiefs Seahawks Browns Raiders Patriots Chargers Bengals ***Eagles***
-
Greetings from under Frances!
Good to hear that something is getting back to normal, and that everyone has safely survived.
-
Awards from Soxtalk
All right, to me the next step is to put the awards in order of which ones we will vote on first, second etc. Then start threads with nominations for each category so that we can have them narrowed down to 4 or 5 for each award.
-
Presidential Election
In the last set of polls, Bush has a 6% lead in FL, 12% in OH, 6% in WI, 4% in NJ, 9% in TN, and 1% in PA for whatever that's worth. http://electoral-vote.com/ I know it is volitale, but this site is interesting to track. I know someone else posted it before, but they take the latest poll in each state and use that as if it were to determine the electoral college. The interesting thing is that Kerry poll numbers are starting to slip in states that had been taken for granted... For example his lead is only 4 percentage points in IL now. No one had even dreamed that IL would be close. And honestly, who knows, the polls are moving around so much now, this could be completely different tommorrow.
-
New Hitler movie in Germany
For the first time they are portraying the softer of Hitler, and it is causing controversy in Germany. http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/6019248/
-
Worst Humans of 2004
More sick SOBs, this was in the next town over from me... http://www.nbc5.com/news/3732052/detail.ht...994&dppid=65192
-
Original Stars Hockey League
It actually gives the NHL a guinne pig of some of the ideas that they had been talking about for new rules. As for the league, it keeps hockey around. And Darcy (see also my www. link)